I just want to be a pure hunter and nothing else! Is that possible?

I just want to be a pure hunter, no subclass.

If you have already selected a Subclass, then no, you cannot at this time. Once we get Phantom and Etoile you can take off your Subclass.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do so?

I have not picked a subclass, I believe. But I have noticed something in another youtube video I think revels a hidden skill tree breaches if you go pure class. I could be wrong in my assignment but I cannot curb my curiosity of discovery.

@RainGinyu Can you link that video, because in 7+ years of playing the Japanese version of the game, I have never heard of such a thing.

PSO2 Hunter Skill Tree Basics YouTube video

You have to collect three of every pet, and then you have to talk to Leda 73 times in a row. That's how you unlock the secret skill tree.

Note that you have to have exactly 69 Excubes in your inventory the whole time or it will not work.

@RainGinyu You didn't actually put a link. Is it this one by Blac to Basics?

If it is, there is nothing in that video that even suggests there is some kind of "hidden skill tree" anything. The only thing that I can imagine that may have lead you to believe that is that he has purchased a second Skill Tree for Hunter, or that since he is showing the Japanese version, the lv80 and lv85 Skills are shown which are not currently in the NA version.

There is absolutely no benefit to not taking a subclass as they give you a portion of their stats and most of their Skills.

@Ilúvatar Don't be mean please I am new to the game and love 💘 the fact that this game has a deep complexities to it. That if I am wrong it was engaging enough to spark my curiosity.

I don't have to be the best but hoping to be unique?

@AndrlCh Yes! Their are two skills in that video not listed in my skill tree. The two skills from the left under the first row of skills.

@AndrlCh said in I just want to be a pure hunter and nothing else! Is that possible?:

since he is showing the Japanese version, the lv80 and lv85 Skills are shown which are not currently in the NA version.

@RainGinyu Yep, like I said, he is showing the Japanese version of the Skill Trees. Those two Skills are the level 80 and level 85 Skills that are currently not in the NA version since our cap is level 75.

Cool! Thank you for answering the question.