Male characters shafted.

When it comes to media standards, Japan is about as open with sexuality as US is with violence but the reverse is not true, things usually get censored when these countries port media to each other based on the perceived clash of sensibilities (I mean, look at all the senien and even shonen anime with excessive amounts of violence. For example: Jojo's was only recently moved from Shonen Jump to a senien magazine with Part 8 and that's probably soley due to the protagonist's odd gonads being a key plot point but IDK also hilariously a lot of the blood and stuff got censored in the US release, talk about irony...).

Does perversion factor into things? Well, far as I can tell, yes actually but only so much as the Japanese apparently expect people to grow out of it as adults to focus on doing their jobs. That's just something I've pieced together on things I've heard about their culture though. I could be wrong.

Because we're all about a false sense of refinement here in the states. Violence is apparently elegant and civilized, while sex is the realm of dirty animals. Same with profanity - apparently it's worse to cuss someone off than it is to kill them, if absurd media tropes are to be believed.

@Someguy503 said in Male characters shafted.:

Violence is apparently elegant and civilized, while sex is the realm of dirty animals

Well, there's also the influence of Christianity which always seems to prioritize lust as a deadly sin over wrath but the less said about that the better, lest we get unnecessary arguments about religion going.

@Someguy503 said in Male characters shafted.:

Because we're all about a false sense of refinement here in the states. Violence is apparently elegant and civilized, while sex is the realm of dirty animals. Same with profanity - apparently it's worse to cuss someone off than it is to kill them, if absurd media tropes are to be believed.

Can blame overly religious laws that got put into place after the industrial age hit.

Speak for yourself OP my character looks awesome

I would just like to say.... My little space elf boy is cute af. So, get creative. Also here to second that not all the people who play female ARKS are pervy men. Some of us aren't men.

Here’s my male cast so I guess I get a few extra wears but there are a few good looks out there tho and more to come

1BFDE612-C285-4160-98D6-6A6C2ACF910A.jpeg 624B2ED7-72BA-487E-8E95-57DE4BAE9A95.jpeg 6A333605-23C6-4229-9067-5F34E17D9F96.jpeg

b8820bde-71d8-49d0-b8fb-95ecb457f01b_Thumbnail-1.PNG

I wanted to show him off too.

I mean most dudes play female characters anyways.

And since when did us dudes worry about the way we look? = w=

This is no concern for anyone who plays CAST of course! ;D

Ah right. I forgot that small fanbase that wanted to make their "husbandos" look good still exists. = 3=

I mean a majority of the new stuff in the game revolves around fashion. And male stuff is cheaper than females why not make your character look cool

@Zarozian said in Male characters shafted.:

I mean most dudes play female characters anyways.

And since when did us dudes worry about the way we look? = w=

This is no concern for anyone who plays CAST of course! ;D

@redPG That does make sense but as a CAST male there's not much to make cooler than it already looks now. ;>

I personally found the female CAST customization options lacking, males get the full helmets while females always show at least a bit of face. WTF man? Not to mention males can be customized into mecha or robot Kamen Riders while females can not...

ENhhP1gU8AEo3sM.jpg

Presented by ©ZAIA! (credit to https://twitter.com/RUIS_MAX who makes some awesome CAST Riders)

@Mattwo7 We gotta pay for those though right? o -o

Male cast = Gundam Female cast = Robot Android

If you can change skin colour on the fly female cast can pull the robot to human looks off too but Male just has a easier time with the robotic full helmets helmets they have