Male characters shafted.

Male characters have the WORST appearance items. I was hoping that being in NA, they wouldn’t force the female characters down your throat the way that JP has done. I understand there is a “higher” demand for all the weirdo dudes out there that want to watch pixels jiggle, but I would like to play a male character and have some decent options to fashion into.

I really don’t want to re roll female...

Unfortunately, that is how ALL online games are, though the same can also be said of any game that has character customization. It doesn't matter what the game was made either.

@hAZE-1561 1) Don't roll female if you don't want to play female. 2) There are some nice fashion options for dudes but its all a matter of taste and Japan has different tastes than America. That being said there are so many costumes out there that I am sure you can get your guy fashion on. 3) Generally speaking, and this isn't always the case, guy character designs tend to be stereotypically static, once a "guy" finds a look he will typically stick to it (there are always exceptions to the rule.) Female character designs tend to change often and lend themselves to "dress up mode." This is why there is such a disparity in this game (and others as well) 4) Why do people always throw the "pervy guy" insults around, don't they realize girls play games too? This idea that only perverts play chick characters is played out. I have a few guy friends who play JP male characters FOR the fashion and to oogle boys, its 2020... get with the program. 5) Just give it time, im sure you will find the "edgelord-mcbassass" outfit of your dreams when content gets updated. Try googling PSO2 Male fashion .. you might get a few pics to look forward too.

I personally run 1 male Summoner and 1 female Ranger ... I like the looks of both of them honestly.

Itll get better overtime, the game was released in NA not long compared to the JP. Give it some time and youll be okay, I already made one ahead of time cuz im looking forward to some.

It’s one reason I’m going Male cast . Can’t go wrong looking like a gundam

It probably has to do with JPNs female rate (authough I was only compared it with the US closed betas) but I think it was like 60-70% roughly female on Japanese server but NA closed beta was more leaning towards Male I think like 55/45 ratio?

We are 3 (almost 4) weeks into the game. Give it some time and the Fresh Finds Shop will surely come out with some "better" stuff. You have to remember what game you're playing.... People love female roles and Dance 20. Remember that.

It's like that IRL too. It's actually a form of sexism, but if you say that around a third wave type...

@Ragnawind said in Male characters shafted.:

though the same can also be said of any game that has character customization.

RIP City of Heroes.

I'm not going to complain myself, my male main just needs a casual outfit and I'm fine. I don't care much about fashion though, just establishing my own personal look and maybe sometimes just having fun with the customization options.

pso20180605_163558_005.png

Well my alliance leader has several outfits for his male character. He is fashionable IRL and in this game. I wish they would give you more color options, but I don't have an issue with what they have for males. Not sure what you are looking for though.

@hAZE-1561 its become quite apparent that as a new player I agree. But as with most JP games, they cater to the perverse audience. The chat on Ship 01 - 01 and 02 prove my point with the perverted chat art (nudity of all kinds for bare chested female to full frontal male pleasing himself. Absolutely disgusting.)

@Mattwo7 Agreed. Hand me some shorts and a tee or a nice suit and I am good to go. As long as I can have my characters hair white (which it is), you have one happy player 😛

@FearfulFluppy said in Male characters shafted.:

The chat on Ship 01 - 01 and 02 prove my point with the perverted chat art

Aren't those usually the US players?

@FearfulFluppy As a young male, I completely agree. I hate walking around block 1-2 (ship 2) and having constant spam of all the nude art people make. I get it, it's great art and I am happy people are so creative but they can use their skill to do something a little less NSFW.

@hAZE-1561 said in Male characters shafted.:

I was hoping that being in NA, they wouldn’t force the female characters down your throat the way that JP has done

Please tell me exactly why would this 10 year old game which had a big focus on females in Japan would suddenly NOT have that focus solely because it's getting a Western release.

@hAZE-1561 said in Male characters shafted.:

I understand there is a “higher” demand for all the weirdo dudes out there that want to watch pixels jiggle

Ah, here it is, the uninformed comment that people just want to watch pixels jiggle, in PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2. If i wanted to see pixels jiggle, i would play Tera or BDO. Stop your crying and roll a male then.

But as with most JP games, they cater to the perverse audience.

.......what?

Ship 01 - 01 and 02 prove my point with the perverted chat art

What the heck does random weirdos [who were US players btw, you almost never saw any JP player doing it] posting perverted art have to do with the game itself "catering to perverts"? Some of you are reaching WAY too hard just to find reasons to moan and complain.