Applying for a GM position if possible

Well supposedly PSO2NGS is dropping ESTsoft and SEGA of America is taking over.

The community manager at ESTsoft announced that June was the last month he will be working on PSO2/NGS and soon it will be in the hands of SEGA of America.

@HarmlessSyan Will any of the GM's be affected? Or is this a separate thing entirely.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

@HarmlessSyan Will any of the GM's be affected?

Most of the time, when transfers like this happen, GM teams are usually moved over to the new area, some are split to other games by the publisher while others stay on or replaced completely by an internal team.

@Kofi9867 said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

@Anarchy-Marine said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

@HarmlessSyan Will any of the GM's be affected?

Most of the time, when transfers like this happen, GM teams are usually moved over to the new area, some are split to other games by the publisher while others stay on or replaced completely by an internal team.

Ah, ok. Hopefully the GM's that want to keep working on PSO2, get to stick around. They have been working their asses off this past year trying to hold what they could together.

@Anarchy-Marine

If they don't end up staying (By termination or just leaving altogether to other titles) I wish them luck in whatever they do.

@HarmlessSyan

So there is a chance for them to lift the height restriction. (Decrease the min-height similar to the JP version.)) and add the missing phashions (Minisuits?) ??? 🤞

I'm kind of tired when we didn't get any official answer from the developer team for 1 year, I feel like they are not doing their job properly and completely dodge the complaints. 😠

@Anarchy-Marine Don't know, all I know is the Head of Marketing and the Community Manager both contracted under ESTSoft left end of June - there's speculations on ESTSoft handling the GMs but I don't know myself and they aren't in the PSO2 credits as far as I know.

@Teasa No, that's on Sega of Japan and they made the decision for the censorship - Sega of America not taking over global game development, just the community side of things from what I know.

@Teasa I don't know if you've been paying attention, but SEGA developers don't really answer any of the threads here, the GM's do, and they are just the middle man in this situation. All they can say is that they are passing the information along, and that's it. I've seen several requested quality of life fixes get implemented, but those to were never commented on, because the GM's are not the developers. It will be no different if, and when SEGA of America takes over, because the GM's will still only have information flowing one direction, in regards to community concerns/wants, and bug complaints.

@Anarchy-Marine

I'm wondering if the developers are aware of this Height Restriction.

Their decision made a huge dramafeast since day one.

To be honest, if they didn't implement this restriction no one would made a thread about it lmao.

Sorry, for being off-topic. 👋

@Teasa They'd have to know, given that they are the ones implementing all code changes, as well as bug fixes.

@Anarchy-Marine

From what I've been told from some modder.

They hard-coded the height restriction. 😆

@John-Paul-RAGE

IP..Sniff... I...P...Sniff...

That..that is a phrase people use now, huh? ...Jesus I'm old.

@Teasa Yes, thus why I said a developer did that. The games base code is proprietary, and belongs to SEGA, and nobody has rights to edit or modify them, outside the guidelines they lay out. The translation/localization teams didn't modify anything. The localization teams only translate language, and send those translations to the developers. Thus why "Gods Be Operatives", managed to slip past the person implementing the changes in game. It was an unintended typo, thus why the voice translated properly, as they were only taking a voice file, and placing it into the game. Voicefiles by their nature are easier to implement, than text based translations for that reason alone.

But this is way off the original topic.

@Teasa said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

@Anarchy-Marine

From what I've been told from some modder.

They hard-coded the height restriction. 😆

Hard-coded?

Well if SEGA of Japan did it then maybe SEGA of America would help. I heard that they are not on good terms with how SEGA of Japan loves to sabotage SEGA of America's projects.