Applying for a GM position if possible

@GamerKillance some can be in regards to community websites.

Forum Moderators could potentially be volunteer work, but actual GMs (Game Masters/Game Moderators) are full time paid jobs.

@GamerKillance said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

You need to go to Sega's website and apply for any positions they might have.

The GMs are from ESTSoft...

@GamerKillance said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

Always interesting to see these threads pop up on forums. Do people really believe GM's are volunteer work?

They aren't, obviously. In Aeria Games due to thinning out their focus so much (IE: Way too many games for them to manage) they decided to recruit members of the community as volunteer "GMs" that could content GMs directly via chat (IE: Skype/MSN/etc.) rather than actually having GM powers. They called them "Game Sages." One of my best acquaintances from the UK was an Aeria Games and Entertainment (AGE) GameSage, but he obviously quit.

It is funny how much the gaming industry has changed.

On my last/final job in the industry, before i left it for much less stressful pastures, we had to go to Velizy (France) just for an interview to become a GM, travel and diets unpaid and completely at your own risk, just to see if you passed the first round of the application.

Forget about GM´s or Moderators, on earlier online games, even beta testing was a paid job left to Quality Assurance professionals.

The only "players" that got to test the games beforehand were family members and close friends of the staff.

P.S: This is not a complaint, just some reminiscing/trivia.

Don't give me a GM position.

I will wear Albert Wesker sunglasses and give Wesker look while tell you there will be complete. global. saturation. on bad symbol arts players.

Everyone gets 1000 years dungeon.

Well I really hope I can be a GM because I'm actually one of the nicest people I am on ship one and I usually hang out in Block 2 it's Devilia. Everyone knows I am the shadow Loli LOL

@Devmen said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

Well I really hope I can be a GM because I'm actually one of the nicest people I am on ship one and I usually hang out in Block 2 it's Devilia. Everyone knows I am the shadow Loli LOL

I'll make you a mod in my discord if you are that chill and nice. Cant hire you for GM because I dont own SEGA. Lol

@LapisWave That's basically most if not everyone right?

@Valleria-Lockheart said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

@LapisWave That's basically most if not everyone right?

You right.

@Devmen said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

Not how it works.

@GamerKillance not to mention that those of us with a significant amount of posts likely have shown unfavorable qualities for customer service, lol.

we are all made of flaaaaaws

Eh, by and large you're a fairly easy-going community. 🙂

Edit: Except Block 2 of Ship 1....

GM-Deynger : Everything the light touches is our kingdom.

Me: What about Block 2, Ship 1?

GM-Deynger: You must never go there, Simba.