Applying for a GM position if possible

Greetings everyone the reason I put this up I was actually really curious if there's a way I can become a GM for PSO2 I love the game with an absolute passion and I don't like to see anyone fighting if there is a way I could become a GM I will do all I can to make sure the peace is kept on PSO2. After watching practically every video about it I love it so much and I believe it's the greatest game of all time to me at least thank you very much and please think about it I really love this game and I will prove it if I have to have a great night to whoever sees this

I was actually wondering this myself, the game's playerbase is huge right now and I think some more moderation may be needed, I've seen quite a bit of hateful comments, as well as the lewd symbol art that people have mentioned. The game (Xbox version atleast) is still pretty new so I expect there to be more eventually.

The only way to apply to be a GM would likely be to apply for a job at ESTsoft. You would likely need to contact support directly about that.

I wondered the same thing the first week I was playing the game because I was spending so much time on it and was out of work. I believe with a great understanding of the rules and the history of the game, they will scout out new mods. I'm a moderator on a few forums and it took numerous years and thousands of posts/hours of dedication to become a mod.

I can guarantee you they will not grab random people from the forums to become mods.

@Subject-Astra said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

I can guarantee you they will not grab random people from the forums to become mods.

Oh absolutely. I see it as well.

They know what they are looking for and they will scout their own way. Plus half the people I've met on this game are like 12.

You are all being watched...

alt text

@Devmen said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

Greetings everyone the reason I put this up I was actually really curious if there's a way I can become a GM for PSO2 I love the game with an absolute passion and I don't like to see anyone fighting if there is a way I could become a GM I will do all I can to make sure the peace is kept on PSO2. After watching practically every video about it I love it so much and I believe it's the greatest game of all time to me at least thank you very much and please think about it I really love this game and I will prove it if I have to have a great night to whoever sees this

Great to love a game with a passion. I loved Phantasy Star Universe with a passion as well and I wanted the play environment to to be safe and enjoyable just as anyone would. Thankfully, that was made possible with the help of all GMs and mods involved, although they only have 2 eyes so it was impossible to catch everything. Some of the best moderating comes from the community as a whole. So make use of that report button. I really hope GMs look at those reports and take whatever action they deem necessary.

But anyway, I cant imagine they would promote players straight to GM status considering the permissions that would give them access to(although I'm sure they could add restrictions). Someone becoming a moderator seems a bit more likely. Although, I don't think the job of GM's or moderators should include settling conflicts between players. Especially if it is just an argument between 2 players speaking publicly in a lobby. People fight and argue about things all the time. It's just our nature. But normally things like that can be settled by the people themselves without a moderator stepping in. However, if it does escalate to the point of someone, for example, making personal threats in-game, publicizing personal information of another player in-game or consistently harassing someone over time, then a mod or GM may need to hit someone with a suspension.

If they do decide to recruit a player or forum user at any point to help out, I trust they will choose someone who is capable of making honest and fair decisions as a moderator. More than likely, many of us here have probably seen, or at the very least understand what can go wrong when someone in that position starts making irrational decisions.

I really hope they don't recruit GMs from players. Current moderation team is far more mature and relaxed than the player base is and I'd hate for PSO2 to become reddit. Fairly certain I won't be the only one quitting if this happens.

@Someguy503 Completely agree. I see a ton of people butt kissing the mods on ship 2 - block 2 and it's quite funny when they ask "how to apply." It's like wait... you were just on your knees begging 🙂

Personally I don't trust myself with power, I'm not responsible enough. I'd rather advise than lead. It's a lot easier to do anyway lol.

Having old friends that became GMs long ago it is basically a job you have to apply for and many require relocation to where most the team is.

@Meta77 said in Applying for a GM position if possible:

Having old friends that became GMs long ago it is basically a job you have to apply for and many require relocation to where most the team is.

This.

Unless Sega decides to have volunteer mods for the forums GM's are actually jobs. You need to go to Sega's website and apply for any positions they might have.

Always interesting to see these threads pop up on forums. Do people really believe GM's are volunteer work?