Weapon Palette erased when switching classes

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but if you change classes (for example from Force to Gunner or something), and then back, I have to set my Force weapon again and only the last palette is shown. If you have, say 3-4 pallet loadouts, you have to rebuild 2, 3, and 4 again. That's kind of frustrating for controller players... I haven't seen any other reports of this. I never played PSO2 JP so I don't know if that is the expected behavior.

When you switch classes, it unequips any weapons and units that you cannot equip with the new class; this is normal behavior. You can save your Loadouts for different class combos at the class counter, under the Loadouts option, and then switch between them from there as well.

@AndrlCh Thanks! That's exactly the functionality I was looking for. Didn't know that was there this entire time.... lol. Not a bug then 🙂

Just to clarify, this is what Loadouts displays as saving, and it doesn't actually display the saved sub palette or attached weapon palette.

I don't want to run the risk of having it reset on me without a display to confirm that everything won't be nuked into oblivion.

Screenshot_376.jpg

@MasterDarkwingz It shows that minimum info, but it will save your assigned PAs/Techs on your Weapons. As for the subpalete, it will save the one you are actively using when you set the loadout (ie. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6), but due to the way that subpalettes work, it does not save the actual contents of that subpalette. For example, let's say you save the loadout using subpalette 1, then when you are on another class you decide to change/rearrange things on subpalette 1; when you go to load your old loadout, everything else will be exactly as you saved it, but the changes you made to subpalette 1 will be maintained rather than reverting to the state it was when you saved the loadout.

@AndrlCh said in Weapon Palette erased when switching classes:

@MasterDarkwingz It shows that minimum info, but it will save your assigned PAs/Techs on your Weapons. As for the subpalete, it will save the one you are actively using when you set the loadout (ie. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6), but due to the way that subpalettes work, it does not save the actual contents of that subpalette. For example, let's say you save the loadout using subpalette 1, then when you are on another class you decide to change/rearrange things on subpalette 1; when you go to load your old loadout, everything else will be exactly as you saved it, but the changes you made to subpalette 1 will be maintained rather than reverting to the state it was when you saved the loadout.

That should probably be on the developer's list of things to improve after 10 years of the game's life, then.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Weapon Palette erased when switching classes:

That should probably be on the developer's list of things to improve after 10 years of the game's life, then.

What they should do, is just remove the class counter's ability to change classes altogether and allow us to do it ourselves, similar to that of FFXIV. I know FFXIV handles it by just changing weapons, but I'm sure PSO2 can figure out a way. This way, we can just have a save system similar to that of FFXIV where we can have multiple sub pallets saved per class loadout along with a "shared" sub-pallet system that has that pallet be the same across all classes.

@coldreactive if you save a load out, you can change load out without a counter as long as you are not in a quest. Type /ms1 goes to load out 1, /ms2 goes to load out 2 etc. I. The chat