PSO2 JP Dev Team announcement about coronavirus and what it could mean for NA

In my opinion, unlike most other games, we have an even more diverse demographic due to the fact that for many, this is "old content." Those with experience are apt to progress more quickly, as they've likely done it many times. Those who are truly new are taking time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak, and are thus not bored as quickly.

As you can imagine, it's very difficult to plan content to suit the tastes of both of these groups.

The team and I have discussed this, and rather than see this as a drawback, we see it as a blessing, since those with experience can help guide the new players, educate when necessary, and overall welcome a new influx of Phantasy Star fans. We just hope that the experienced operatives can be patient while we share the experience with our new fans!

@GM-Deynger said in PSO2 JP Dev Team announcement about coronavirus and what it could mean for NA:

In my opinion, unlike most other games, we have an even more diverse demographic due to the fact that for many, this is "old content." Those with experience are apt to progress more quickly, as they've likely done it many times. Those who are truly new are taking time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak, and are thus not bored as quickly.

As you can imagine, it's very difficult to plan content to suit the tastes of both of these groups.

The team and I have discussed this, and rather than see this as a drawback, we see it as a blessing, since those with experience can help guide the new players, educate when necessary, and overall welcome a new influx of Phantasy Star fans. We just hope that the experienced operatives can be patient while we share the experience with our new fans!

Even though I'm not new, I plan to try the English VA stuff, so I'll have to stop and smell the roses 😛

@coldreactive said in PSO2 JP Dev Team announcement about coronavirus and what it could mean for NA:

@GM-Deynger said in PSO2 JP Dev Team announcement about coronavirus and what it could mean for NA:

Even though I'm not new, I plan to try the English VA stuff, so I'll have to stop and smell the roses 😛

I mean, it is always better to savor a fine wine than to gulp it. 😉 SO happy we have a rough date to count down to together now!