PSO2 JP Dev Team announcement about coronavirus and what it could mean for NA

@DestroyerDuke let's hope that remains the case with Mining Base Defense and PerrenialDarkness!

Its not hard, lets hope they release another difficulty that makes the game difficult.

@DestroyerDuke said in PSO2 JP Dev Team announcement about coronavirus and what it could mean for NA:

I think part of the issue is that we do so much damage, we basically delete everything so we never really have to struggle or improve our gear

Hence why there's at least 2 more difficulty settings later on.

@Havox3 i am just saying if they haven’t announced a delay then it’s probably still on schedule . They have even mentioned in tweets about it still being on schedule

I am not surprised on the twitch side . The game is currently only out on 1 console and before anyone says not trying to start a console war on this topic but a console that has more of an focus on first and third person shooters over RPGs . Then yes it probably not gonna have either as many streaming or as many people watching it . The other thing to consider is any of these people big streamers naturally because that usually is a key factor also in streams .

Just trying to stay optimistic is all . Unfortunately the game came out at possibly the worst time due to the world problems . Great time If you can play it but it adds a new issue. People having more time have completed everything in the open beta quicker but the other issue is of course companies are going to have lower staff or even a skeleton crew . Which would slow or possibly grind such to a halt. Sega of Japan have pretty much said this but remember Sega of US is diffrent and may be in a diffrent situation Hense why no news .

I'm sad to hear the news but definitely understand given the current circumstances the world was given the past few months. It's better that everyone is safe and can come back stronger (that gives for better content) instead of half the team getting sick and delaying things further. Best of luck to the team and hope everyone is safe with their families.

@RagnarokSlayer Are you joking me, the game came out at the best possible time, billions of people quarantined at home looking for entertainment, I literally can't think of better circumstances for a free to play game release. Everyone I know in IT is still doing work remotely, myself included.

To me the fact that we didn't get a simultaneous release on all platforms looks more like a Joker comic villain dousing a huge dollar pile with gasoline and setting on fire to send a message scheme than a business plan an actual CEO human being would make.

@RagnarokSlayer SEGA of US has nothing to do with the NA version of PSO2. It is handled by the JP team.

@Havox3 said in

To me the fact that we didn't get a simultaneous release on all platforms looks more like a Joker comic villain dousing a huge dollar pile with gasoline and setting on fire to send a message scheme than a business plan an actual CEO human being would make.

When i worked in the industry, people would lose their jobs for much less.

I saw people lose jobs over failed events and poorly implemented promotional monetization, imagine if we had failed to simultaneously release, and allowed a multi-month lockdown to escape our opening window.

Only people that have never worked in marketing/promotion/publishing believe that anything about PSO2NA has been done properly/in the best way possible.

Heck, i remember once when i got in hot water because during a game con, our panel dedicated to a new non MMO game, had attracted less visitors than expected and they blamed me for it, even though i was only allowed to offer information to visitors that asked for it directly.

Fortunately @IfrianMMO all companies are not like that one.

@GM-Deynger said in PSO2 JP Dev Team announcement about coronavirus and what it could mean for NA:

Fortunately @IfrianMMO all companies are not like that one.

True enough, @GM-Deynger but it does not change the fact that things should have been done differently, and seem to get worse every day.

As you well know, from our previous conversation, i am fully aware that those of you moderating the forums have no supreme executive power.

But whoever had a moistened bint lob a scimitar at them should have known better.

@Havox3 said in PSO2 JP Dev Team announcement about coronavirus and what it could mean for NA:

Are you joking me, the game came out at the best possible time, billions of people quarantined at home looking for entertainment

Hard to provide for that entertainment when everyone is forced to be at home.

It's easier to say how things should be, the farther you are away from it and the less you know about it.

@GM-Deynger Exactly. As far as I can see, the game is growing everyday (from all the people sitting at home getting bored of playing the same old games). I played PSU and the Xbox servers were definitely full but not like this. I'm also glad the game is currently free and everyone can play it during the time they spend at home. I know my brothers would have never paid for a game like this (because they are more into sports games) but now after playing it, they've bought premium. The current content definitely is enough for awhile. People say they are already bored with it yet they haven't even obtained half there is available. It's crazy.

@Subject-Astra could be a cultural thing for JP, everyone suited up at the office early morning or nobody is working. Like I said here in EU IT industry seems to not be affected much through remote work. In fact I could make an argument the pandemic could potentially bring cultural shift where remote work is more accepted and the norm for white collars.

I've never played the JP version. Since launch, I've played at least a few hours every day and a LOT more than a few on weekends. Off the top of my head I've played between 150-200 hours. So far I haven't gotten through the first chapter of story. I don't know what the Main Quest is since I've never clicked on them to see yet. I am confused about probably 50% of the game mechanics and I'm having a great time.

I could be mistaken, but I understand that what we have now represents the first few years of JP content. If they don't bring any new content out for this game until late summer or even later, I'll still be playing it every day.

If some people are already getting bored, I mean, how much more are they playing than I am? I think I'm probably playing WAY more than I should. Maybe they are all veterans of the JP version and it's all old boring content to them. Maybe they need to get out for some fresh air. I'm not sure.

This game was a great surprise for me as a fan with many hours into the PSO DC and PSU 360 games. It came out at just the right time. I'm so happy to be finally playing this fantastic game. There's much more content already in the game than I'll be able to get through for MANY MANY months.