Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]

@redPG Aye we should have gotten 4 in the open beta as people are running out of things to do but 2-4 months out is a death sentence for this game

@Subject-Astra said in Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]:

@NezumiiXD said in Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]:

@AndrlCh well they have fucked themselves then.. by slowly releasing content cause its gonna die here in the west now because JP will always take priority

You mean like literally every MMO that is made in the East? Some of which are still thriving right now?

kinda what i mean is take what ever timeline they had for the West and toss it out becaue their focus is going to be solely jp

@NezumiiXD said in Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]:

kinda what i mean is take what ever timeline they had for the West and toss it out becaue their focus is going to be solely jp

Let me remind you that they never truly wanted to do this in the first place, they're doing it cause Microsoft likely offered to help and fund it. Take what you can get after waiting so long for this instead of complaining that the players who rushed everything can't do more.

No new content for at least another 3 months, partially cause corona (see: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/1897/pso2-jp-dev-team-announcement-about-coronavirus-and-what-it-could-mean-for-na/20), partially cause they clearly give 0 fucks about NA and JP is on the cusp of new content.

Looks like this time Dark Falz Luther was added to the UQ scheduled cycle. His trigger will also be added.

I am curious if any other UQ are added in the random slots or if it will just be the ones up until now.

Any significant weapons/units from Luther?

So if we keep this pace we can probably expect PD UQs to show up in around a month. The real question is going to be in the time beyond that, have VOs been found to record audio for Episodes 4-6 yet? If so and we keep up at this pace the timing of things becomes really interesting:

March - Episode 1 April - Episode 2 May - Episode 3 June - Episode 4 July - Episode 5 August - Episode 6 Vita End of Service and Gigantic update (under pre-covid timeline) - August 2020

We know there's a VA for Xiera at least @PrinceBrightstar as she is voiced in English in the tutorial quests.

@PrinceBrightstar the most interesting part about it is that would line Episode 4 up with the last maintenance of Spring, June 16th. PC date as well? I hope it is before then, though.

I'm not sure if we will have Luther for a whole month, though. They may bring Magatsu in earlier and let PD run for a month instead.

@PrinceBrightstar I'm sure the VOs already recorded all their lines for the content that came out by the time the launch was being prepared, as far as I am personally aware, voice acting for dubs of foreign games usually wraps up super early in the localization because there's no ADR involved.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]:

Looks like this time Dark Falz Luther was added to the UQ scheduled cycle. His trigger will also be added.

I am curious if any other UQ are added in the random slots or if it will just be the ones up until now.

Any significant weapons/units from Luther?

It's sad that people are actually going to count it as added content. Even if we are going to count it, in a month we've gotten 1 new UQ and they're pausing JP for months - people are crazy if they think JP is getting put on hiatus but we wont. We're just not going to be told cause NA communication is god awful.

My bet is no new weapons or units that are worthwhile. EQs have routinely had worse loot than SHAQs. Elder didn't even have 13 stars. Don't see this changing for Luthor.

Don't get me wrong, really hope I'm proven wrong. But our priority level is pretty well established at this point. NA is a place for them to double dip on old lootboxes, and the community is encouraging them to focus on lootboxes over content.

Oh! So yeah, of course there will be new AC scratches every two weeks, which apparently most people count as "content" in NA.

@LockeKosta I don't think anyone here is counting it as "new content" per say, but it is a sign that there is a roadmap (just hidden from us) and that we can start putting together the pieces of an unofficial roadmap to use as a reference that we are actually moving forward rather than being stuck in a perpetual state of purgatory.

It is also worth noting that a Craftsman Seal was a reward in the Episode 2 campaign (dont remember which mission it came from) so maybe the crafting system will spring up pretty soon as well?

I didn't play JP from the start, so I am not familiar with the timelines, so the goal was to get community feedback to be able to make a mock-up of this.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]:

@LockeKosta I don't think anyone here is counting it as "new content" per say, but it is a sign that there is a roadmap (just hidden from us) and that we can start putting together the pieces of an unofficial roadmap to use as a reference that we are actually moving forward rather than being stuck in a perpetual state of purgatory.

It is also worth noting that a Craftsman Seal was a reward in the Episode 2 campaign (dont remember which mission it came from) so maybe the crafting system will spring up pretty soon as well?

I didn't play JP from the start, so I am not familiar with the timelines, so the goal was to get community feedback to be able to make a mock-up of this.

Think it's pretty crazy optimistic to look at this as some sort of sign that there's a roadmap, but to each their own I guess.

@LockeKosta said in Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]:

Think it's pretty crazy optimistic to look at this as some sort of sign that there's a roadmap

There is a roadmap, they always plan these things out internally (maybe not at Valve but they're an exception due to their unorthodox workplace environment). It'd be bad business practice to not do so (and they don't want to tick off Microsoft who's investing in this as they could potentially lose future partnership deals with them which is bad for business and could damage their reputation in the eyes of any current or potential investors and business partners). That said, it's not like the internal roadmap has exact or finite dates (which I think is what John wants). If they did, it would be public already.

@Mattwo7 I believe there are dates for their internal roadmap, it's just tentative.

This is a rough example of the idea behind it:

Episode 1 period March 17th - April 14th:

Dark Falz Elder 31 March - 14 April

Episode 2 period April 14th - May 12th:

Dark Falz Luther 14 April - 28 April

????? (possibly Mining Defense or Magatsu even though he's EP 3?) 28 April - 12 May

Episode 3 period May 12th - June 9th:

Magatsu 12 May - 26 May (if not introduced For May part 1)

PD!!!! 12 May - 26 May ( or 26 May - June 9th )

Episode 4 and full release : June 9th

June 16th - First Lobby change, sonic lobby for Sonic's Birthday on the 23rd.

I disagree. As this is still just a beta and certain bugs have to be ironed out before adding new content, I personally think they're releasing what they can within a specific window based on how much they can get done with what they currently have to work with. But I'm not a dev so I don't know the fine details of how all that works. 🤷

I still think that the crafting system, or at least the Weapon Extension portion of it, won't be made available until we have a decent number of 14☆s, or maybe until we have 15☆s, since it would only be NT Weapon Crafting, and EX1 Crafted NT Weapons have equivalent stats to mid/high-end 13☆s and at full EX they are like high-end 14☆/low-end 15☆.