Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]

Greetings, ARKS! I thought there may be others who would enjoy trying to "decode" our current content pace by using evidence that we currently have available to us to try and come up with an unofficial roadmap based purely off conjecture.

Sounds fun, right? If it doesn't sound fun, just simply don't participate. If there is a rebuttal to someone's guess, provide evidence to go along with that rebuttal and do so tactfully. This is meant to be an open discussion with an academic approach, so be clear, concise, and respectful when engaging with others.

My contribution:

2 weeks per Episode. This thought just fell into my lap as I was finally starting my campaign progress and getting annoyed by another Dark Falz attack. The maintenance we had to usher in April Part 1 brought the culminating event of Episode 1: The clash with Dark Falz Elder. The Urgent Quests we have had since March are all Episode 1 based (don't have a reference for Wopal UQ though). I am dismissing the two weeks of March due to the open beta just starting and am foolishly hoping the real Episode 1 focus started with April.

This will quickly be confirmed or debunked after maintenance tomorrow. If we are going at a pace of 2 weeks per episode, we will have the Dark Falz Luther urgent quest starting after maintenance, along with other Episode 2 themed UQs.

If the pace is 1 month per episode, we will be looking at the final maintenance of Spring as the start of Episode 4.

I really hope that isn't our pace, but looking at the dates, it seems more likely. If that is the case, we won't get Dark Falz Luther until April 28th.

There is ZERO chance of the Episodes coming out that quickly.

This isn't even an insult against them, they simply will not release the content that quickly. There's a TON of stuff in-between episodes including events and crossovers [if i'm not mistaken, even PvP was eventually added].

@Subject-Astra i was referring to our current content, which goes up to Epsiode 3 (and arguably 4 already existing, just gated off at the moment).

I wouldn't expect that same pace once it is considering "released", but for the open beta, even moving through the UQ cycle at one month intervals, is pretty slow.

I personally don't expect the open beta to have new content but I could be wrong. Lots of people complaining about having nothing to do after hitting the level cap. That said, I think if they do, it will be at least two weeks.

The Urgent Quests we have had since March are all Episode 1 based (don't have a reference for Wopal UQ though)

Pretty sure Wopal was introduced in Episode 2. IIRC, Episode 1 just had Naverius, Amaduskia and Lilipia. I'd have to double check the story but it does seem like Episode 6 is the only one without a new planet (or whatever Omega is).

Episode 4 2020 Episode 5 2021 Episode 6 2022

My guess is that they will take UQs as a unit of updates. After all, PSO2 is a game of urgent quests 😁

Another guess is, they'll set the update pace as to ensure newer players to the game can digest the incoming contents.

@Fiona-Respha yeah, the more I consider everything currently in the game, the likely it seems we will spend a month per episode with the UQ trials. So maybe instead of seeing Luther tomorrow night, we will see the first Mining Defense and some other single phase UQ, with Luther coming in addition at the end of the month.

The first Mining Defense will certainly throw some of the newer players for a spin.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]:

The first Mining Defense will certainly throw some of the newer players for a spin.

Oof yea, it definitely adds a bit more depth to the strategy.

When Mining Base Defense was introduced on JP server, I had been just struggling with matterboards with my PS Vita. So I haven't faced these UQs with regular classes. Feel like a rookie sent into the front line 😁

To be fair, I never actually learned the proper strategies. But by the time everyone else did they were too busy facerolling those EQs to notice any mistakes I may have made (that or they just didn't care because they were facerolling them) anyway lol, that's how it usually goes for me.

You expected a cute anime girl content update, but IT WAS ME, DIO Fortnite Pass Season 2! WRRRRYYYYYYYYYY

@Havox3 Or maybe there's a content update they can't tell us about just yet? Honestly with the way things are being run right now would anyone be surprised?

@Havox3 they will do a new UQ /concert schedule tomorrow that will have different quests.

Outta curiosity, does anyone remember what Episode they added Limited quests?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Let's Speculate the NA Release Roadmap! [No arguing about PC dates]:

Outta curiosity, does anyone remember what Episode they added Limited quests?

I think 4 or 5.