ARKS AS THE GOOD GUYS?

bolded textWhat's up with ARKS suddenly being the good guys? Back when ARKS was first introduced in PSO EPISODE III C.A.R.D. REVOLUTION for GameCube and possibly the original Xbox they were the bad guys

Different ARKS. PSO and PSO2 are only tangentially connected through the concept of Subspace as introduced in the Phantasy Star Universe games. Basically, it's a multiverse.

Plus, technically, the PSO Arkz weren't bad guys, per sey, rather they were an anti-government organization, something that was completely reasonable given all the stuff that has gone down in the PSO timeline.

So several things to address:

• PSO EPISODE III C.A.R.D. REVOLUTION was only on Gamecube.
  • All PSO sub-series games (PSO, PSU, PSO2) take place in their own separate continuity (think of Final Fantasy how each game doesn't have anything to do with each other) with a few references and overlap to past titles. PSO's ARKZ (as they are spelled) is NOT the same as PSO2's ARKS.
  • ARKZ were never quite the bad guy, the conflict in EPISODE III is not quite as black and white as it seems.
  • I would say ARKS being good guys is... you aren't technically wrong, but at the same time there's lots of shadowy stuff and conspiracies going on in the story... thats as much as I can say without spoiling.

@Leonkh99 Ep.III was never on XBox, it was Gamecube exclusive.

Whoops, typo on my end, thanks for noting it! @AndrlCh

For future reference, this goes here: https://forum.pso2.com/category/23/lore

@AndrlCh said in ARKS AS THE GOOD GUYS?:

they were an anti-government organization, something that was completely reasonable given all the stuff that has gone down in the PSO timeline.

@Leonkh99 said in ARKS AS THE GOOD GUYS?:

but at the same time there's lots of shadowy stuff and conspiracies going on in the story... thats as much as I can say without spoiling.

Well Phantasy Star stories always have dystopian themes to them, always at least one corrupt government or authority figure like the original Mother Brain and Karen's dad and IIRC, the Ilumnius and GRM in PSU AotI. In PSP2 it was some guy from an ancient nigh omnipotent species who totally aren't the Forerunners from Halo who built the halo rings zerg flood SEED purification devices. I mean, he didn't have much power on his own but there was a conspiracy going on at least.

In fact if I recall correctly in the PSU lore, Tylor's Gang was somehow the least corrupt organization lol. (They did get framed at least once though)