Latest Anime You've Been Watching?

I've been watching outlaw star, magimoji rurumo, absolute duo, shadow skill, berserk, among some old favourites from the 80s,90s

As far as this season goes:

Gleipnir, Sing "yesterday" for me, "Wave, listen to me!", Tower of God.

@Vicodin-Villian Tower of God is really good so far, following this new anime as well. The 'rough' art style won me over quite quickly within the first episode, I thought for sure that it would take at least a couple of episodes to accommodate to it. Ultimately even appreciating they went for it, it has an unique charm. And not to forget that soundtrack! I can't do it justice with words, so for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5aJlvA3Qw

Listen to the instrumental played between 0:00-0:51 and the Upbeat Lo-Fi melody between 1:15-2:10

(1:15-2:10 gave me Afro Samurai, Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop vibes.)

There are some funny references to other anime, like a person that looks like Roronoa Zoro from One Piece. And references to real life persons as well. As 'Khun Aguero Agnis' is named after the Argentinian soccer player 'Sergio "Kun" Agüero'. The creators probably love the sport.

@ErinXh said in Latest Anime You've Been Watching?:

@Vicodin-Villian Tower of God is really good so far, following this new anime as well. The 'rough' art style won me over quite quickly within the first episode, I thought for sure that it would take at least a couple of episodes to accommodate to it. Ultimately even appreciating they went for it, it has an unique charm. And not to forget that soundtrack! I can't do it justice with words, so for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5aJlvA3Qw

Listen to the instrumental played between 0:00-0:51 and the Upbeat Lo-Fi melody between 1:15-2:10

(1:15-2:10 gave me Afro Samurai, Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop vibes.)

There are some funny references to other anime, like a person that looks like Roronoa Zoro from One Piece. And references to real life persons as well. As 'Khun Aguero Agnis' is named after the Argentinian soccer player 'Sergio "Kun" Agüero'. The creators probably love the sport.

Tower of God is definitely one of the best out there. The original source material is also in english (surprise!) and both the dialogue and the arcs are essentially exact replicas of the comic. They even got the art style down, too.

Personally though, Sing "Yesterday" for me is more my speed at this time, and I'm also watching Re:Creators for the upteenth time. Every time I get bored of it I find another youtube review praising it, and my understanding of what the writers and talent behind that anime were trying to accomplish, as well as my appreciation of it, grows a little more.

@Ragnawind said in Latest Anime You've Been Watching?:

but you can try RetroCrush for old anime

Ah, I forgot to thank you for that info. I haven't really watched much of it yet but I did at least get around to finally watching Robot Carnival. At some point I need to rewatch Blue Seed. Wonder if I can find You're Under Arrest or other classics.

Also, to add to my further list I'm finally catching up on Overlord and I just binged all of Hitari no Shita: the Outcast (at least to the end of Season 2, I don't think there is an NA release of Season 3 yet). I also apparently forgot to aadd Tower of God which, yeah, it's really good.

I've been watching The 8th son recently and in my opinion its pretty good it's focused on building up the world in the first few episodes and what its built so far looks like most other fantasy anime. The most interesting part for me is that its in the point of view of a man reincarnated as a Noble. I can't wait for more episodes to come out so i can see where they decided to take it too.

Shironeko Project – Zero Chronicle, Princess Connect! Re Dive, Tower of God, Plunderer, Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T, Listeners, Arte, Hamefura, Honzuki no Gekokujou, Shachou, Battle no Jikan desu!, & Gleipnir

I feel like I been rewatching more of my older shows than watching any newer ones. But other than My hero academia, I would say Demon Slayer. Waiting on the second season of The promised neverlands.

I got to the point that because I've been reading mangas (that gets animated later on), I haven't been watching any animes since I already know what's going to happen. 😢

Buuuut.... with the exception of Tower of God! I've been reading the webtoon since I saw its first translations on manga sites, and have been wanting for a webtoon animation! 🤓

I beat the new Sakura Wars game some weeks ago so I jumped to the new anime, that starts just after the game events.

@landman I been seeing the game cuts scenes. They did an amazing job on that game.

@ERICK001BC said in Latest Anime You've Been Watching?:

@landman I been seeing the game cuts scenes. They did an amazing job on that game.

yeah and I just finished that game right now. The only problem I have with it is that the text can be hard to read during cutscenes, especially with a smaller screen (currently only have a 19in HDTV for my PS4.)

@Ragnawind Oh yeah I can see that. I actually really enjoyed someones play through of missing all the dates with the girls. Some funny and hardcore stuff there. Great game series though.

I've been watching Tower of God, well at least that's the only new show i'm watching. I read the Manwa so I naturally wanted to watch the show too. The art style they choose seems a bit off, or maybe its the animation, but other then that, Its a good watch!

@ERICK001BC said in Latest Anime You've Been Watching?:

@Ragnawind Oh yeah I can see that. I actually really enjoyed someones play through of missing all the dates with the girls. Some funny and hardcore stuff there. Great game series though.

I saw those scenes after finishing the game, so after geting to know the most happy moments with the characters, and those scenes were HARD, I could feel the pain in the girls, specially Azami, and hated so much Kamiyama for breaking his promise lol Hands down, Sakura Wars the game is one of the BEST ANIME I've "seen" in recent years lol