PSO2 Collabs

Well I suppose it depends on if Microsoft could do it themselves or if Sega could outsource the work.

@Mattwo7 Given that Sega of Japan is the one running PSO2 NA, the work would ultimately have to be outsourced to their Western branches (who are not as involved in th rest of the day to day running of the game), ESTsoft or another external company or like you said, maybe Microsoft can do it.

@Mattwo7 said in PSO2 Collabs:

@Subject-Astra said in PSO2 Collabs:

This is an anime-inspired game and people are asking for crossovers for Halo, Gears of War and Metroid......

And yet the list of past collabs includes the original PSO which is far less anime in terms of visual style, Godzilla, which is a tokusatsu and Alice and Wonderland, a British book... At least Metroid was made in Japan and had a manga (and yes I know Godzilla and PSO did too that's besides the point). Also as Leonkh pointed out, Halo already had a guest character in the DoA series. SPARTAN-458 stuck out like a sore thumb when contrasted to the colorful fanservicy anime girls (at least in her muddier colors, her other colors like the red one stuck out for other but still wrong reasons).

Gonna ignore that one of the Episodes is PSO2 being an actual online game within the lore? With IRL references? And that one of the maps is LITERALLY TOKYO? That's the reason why it has more IRL crossovers like Godzilla [which is huge in Japan] and Alice in Wonderland, along with bosses like the Yamato.

Halo, Metroid and freaking Gears of War are nowhere near like this, nor should they suddenly become a thing just to "appease" the Western audience.

This is an anime-inspired game and people are asking for crossovers for Halo, Gears of War and Metroid......

And yet the list of past collabs includes the original PSO which is far less anime in terms of visual style, Godzilla, which is a tokusatsu and Alice and Wonderland, a British book... At least Metroid was made in Japan and had a manga (and yes I know Godzilla and PSO did too that's besides the point). Also as Leonkh pointed out, Halo already had a guest character in the DoA series. SPARTAN-458 stuck out like a sore thumb when contrasted to the colorful fanservicy anime girls (at least in her muddier colors, her other colors like the red one stuck out for other but still wrong reasons).

Gonna ignore that one of the Episodes is PSO2 being an actual online game within the lore? With IRL references? And that one of the maps is LITERALLY TOKYO? That's the reason why it has more IRL crossovers like Godzilla [which is huge in Japan] and Alice in Wonderland, along with bosses like the Yamato.

Going by this logic, basically everything is fair game. Not to mention that one of the maps is Los Vegas.

Come to think of it, MC really wouldn't be too out of place in Tokyo with all the war vehicles like tanks and helicopters, a battleship and that trio of trains crossed with King Gidorah lol. Also I honestly don't understand how Metroid would be out of place when the Metroids are not too different from the falspawn and both franchises are Sci-Fi... Not to mention as I mentioned before, Metroid is Nintendo's and Nintendo is Japanese and globally popular.

Halo, Metroid and freaking Gears of War are nowhere near like this, nor should they suddenly become a thing just to "appease" the Western audience.

You honestly expect me to believe Metroid has no fanbase in Japan when as I said, Nintendo has global popularity? Also, Halo isn't to appease anyone but Microsoft, I don't even want a Halo collab, I just mentioned it because it's a forgone conclusion. Switch and Playstation both have items based on characters that represent their brands. Halo is the only franchise that represents the Xbox brand.

You honestly expect me to believe Metroid has no fanbase

Yeah, because that's exactly what i said. I'm convinced you really ARE just trolling now or actively cherrypick to pretend you're in the right. Keep it up man.

-snip-

Lapse of jugement, I told the mods I wouldn't give into flamebait again.

Lapse of jugement, I told the mods I wouldn't give into flamebait again.

But you're the one flamebaiting?

fortnite collab

@Demon-Ashi said in PSO2 Collabs:

fortnite collab

Well this is something I can doubtlessly agree with Astra on: I don't like this idea.

it will be the best collab fortnite items gonna be like 50m meseta UwU

I mean sure Sega would have to be pretty stupid to not do it considering how popular that game is, the similarly stylized art style, sci-fi setting and Fortnite having absurd guest characters already but... Yea I honestly personally just can't get behind this one.