PSO2 Collabs

So in Japan they are releasing Nier Automata collab stuff for PSO2, hopefully we see more collabs. What collabs would you all like to see?

Me personally I have two, Since they are hooked with microsoft would love to see some HALO COLLAB with master chief armour or the assault rifle?

Furthermore, i hope they could reach out to ID SOFTWARE and make a DOOM Collab, I would love a BFG 9000 in PSO2 haha

I'm sure Halo is high on the list for possible collabs. I also expect a BOTW2 collab to replace the BOTW collab for the NA Switch release if both come out at around the same time and Spyro and Crash to replace Toro and Kuro though that one would require Activision's involvement so maybe not.

I also imagine they'll work with Viz, Yen Pres, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, etc. to bring over as many anime collabs as possible.

Also we'll probably see the 7/11 collab stuff once Episode 4 releases too.

Edit: As for collabs I want to see, legit Metal Gear and Yugioh96px-DuelGazeIcon.png 96px-GreenDuelGazeIcon.png 96px-RedDuelGazeIcon.png collabs

Gear of War wep camos

@redPG said in PSO2 Collabs:

Gear of War wep camos

Ah yea, I've seen a weapon from that series that would be good for a wired lance camo

Metroid Collab would make sense.

@LordVerkins said in PSO2 Collabs:

Metroid Collab would make sense.

How? Is there an upcoming game other than Prime 4 which is currently stuck in development hell with not even an approximate release window like a year?

This is an anime-inspired game and people are asking for crossovers for Halo, Gears of War and Metroid......

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/eq4cub/is_there_a_list_of_crossover_events_anywhere/

These are some of the crossovers that the game has had.

Wouldn't mind if they did re-runs of the collabs they already had on PSO2-JP. Fighting Odin during the FFXIV one was fun. Shame FFXIV never got a PSO2 collab on their end.

And getting a Halo/Gears collab is a higher probability then most of the anime collabs from JP

@Subject-Astra said in PSO2 Collabs:

This is an anime-inspired game and people are asking for crossovers for Halo, Gears of War and Metroid......

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/eq4cub/is_there_a_list_of_crossover_events_anywhere/

@redPG said in PSO2 Collabs:

And getting a Halo/Gears collab is a higher probability then most of the anime collabs from JP

Why, when those collabs already exist?

@The-Evilgenious

So in Japan they are releasing Nier Automata collab stuff for PSO2, hopefully we see more collabs.

I believe we will eventually get collabs once the game's no longer in "Beta" state and the PC version's out. Nier Autamata does seem like a no brainer collab to have available in the West.

Sega's also having a Sakura Wars collab based on the new Sakura Wars game that got released. Given this game has an upcoming Western release, it would be great to have that collab in the NA version as well as a sort of cross-promotion.

Final Fantasy XIV would be another great collab given there was one in the JP version and the popularity of Final Fantasy XIV in the West.

PSO2 also has Persona 5 content which would be great to have in PSO2 due to:

• Sega owning Atlus.
  • Persona 5's popularity in the West.
  • Coincide with the recent release of Persona 5 Royal.

@Mattwo7

I'm sure Halo is high on the list for possible collabs.

That would be neat. Microsoft working together with Team Ninja led to one Halo "Guest Fighter" being added to one of the Dead or Alive games and the Game Pass perks do have Xbox branding so i'm sure they could do a Halo collab, or hell maybe even other Microsoft collabs.

I also expect a BOTW2 collab to replace the BOTW collab for the NA Switch release

PSO2 on Switch is a huge "IF" given the circumstances of the Switch "port". To give you an idea... the same method by which PSO2 Cloud is made to run is the same technology (and even same company involved) used for Resident Evil VII Cloud on Switch... that version isn't out in the West.

Furthermore, Square Enix has a bunch of Japan exclusive cloud hosted games...

Western infrastructure is not that well suited for cloud gaming like it is in Japan and the need to cover a bigger player demand than Japan presents an even bigger expense.

Please remember also (since I know there's been some misunderstanding on this) that the way Microsoft Azure is used (a cloud-hosted platform used to HOST the Server Software) is different from the kind of server used for cloud gaming (Specialized gaming hardware running the game Client which streams its video to the local cloud client which also streams the input over to the cloud hardware running the game client).

I also imagine they'll work with Viz, Yen Pres, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, etc. to bring over as many anime collabs as possible.

Some collabs would require working with them yes though not all of them. Minor anime who's Western distributor don't have a 'master license' but rather simply streaming or dubbing rights usually require Sega to simply work with its Japanese distributor. I suppose that should be a bit of good news, especially since its Sega of Japan who's running the NA version so, they could include the NA license in their negotiations for future collabs. ; )

Also we'll probably see the 7/11 collab stuff once Episode 4 releases too.

Hmm, don't count on that or any collab based on real life stores or products for that matter (Lawson, etc). If collabs in other games and anime have shown something, collabs based on real life brands are one of the hardest to make available outside of Japan due to needing to work with regional branches who may have a different idea on how they want to be represented.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 was able to keep ALL its anime licenses but had to remove the Fanta and Pizza Hut collab.

And yet the list of past collabs includes the original PSO which is far less anime in terms of visual style, Godzilla, which is a tokusatsu and Alice and Wonderland, a British book... At least Metroid was made in Japan and had a manga (and yes I know Godzilla and PSO did too that's besides the point). Also as Leonkh pointed out, Halo already had a guest character in the DoA series. SPARTAN-458 stuck out like a sore thumb when contrasted to the colorful fanservicy anime girls (at least in her muddier colors, her other colors like the red one stuck out for other but still wrong reasons).

@Leonkh99

Hmm, don't count on that or any collab based on real life stores or products for that matter (Lawson, etc).

Why is it always MapleStory I keep coming back to as a point of comparison?

https://global.hidden-street.net/category/npc-function/the-7-eleven-guy

WceVAq5.jpg

@Mattwo7 Nexon is one thing, Sega's another. Mind I ask (sheer curiosity), are you sure most of these MapleStory collabs include North America? MapleStory "global" sounds like it woudl include South East Asia and other English speaking territories like Australia as well...

GMS is the term used specifically the western English release, which does at least include Europe (which originally had its own servers) but I don't know about Oceania (IIRC GMS2 had dedicated servers for Oceania but GMS2 is dead). What I do know is that MapleSEA is a separate English release. I didn't even know it was in English before googling it really quick to be sure what language(s) it came in.

I'm not even sure if the 7-Eleven Guy is still there, think he was removed at some point. They still sell Nexon's Karma Coins at 7-Eleven so maybe he is still there, I'd have to check. I can say for sure he was there in 2014 due to a reply to a thread I found.

That said it seems a lot of sponsor storefront assets were cut at some point. I don't know when however. You'd have to ask someone who was there from launch.

Fair enough @Mattwo7 .

Not a collab (depending on how you look at it) but it would be great if PSO2 offered prepaid Arks Cash cards similar to its SEA (and JP) counterpart:

PSO2-SEA-Prepaid-cards.jpg

Or what other Online games do:

519039x.jpg

These cards could be sold in game stores.