Begin Allowing Creating PC Accounts Now

Why wait to allow people to register their characters for teh PC if it's coming sooner than later.

You already have an account since you are posting here. They just can't let you make a character without the client being ready, which requires the ability to log-in to the servers. They can't allow character creation until the allow PC to play.

@Ragnawind said in Begin Allowing Creating PC Accounts Now:

They can't allow character creation until the allow PC to play.

But they can allow it, JP has a benchmark tool that allows for character creation that you can import into the main game. All they'd have to do is release a translation version of that for NA.

@Kos you make it sound like it would be quick and easy to A. get the ok to translate that and B. do it abruptly in the middle of an already probably well documented and road mapped development cycle, this would just make the full game or beta take longer to release on PC

Point is, saying they can't allow character creation ahead of the PC release is plain wrong since there's a something that does exist on PC they could possibly bring over to this side as well. I wasn't saying they should do it but that they could, whether it happens or not is up to them and sega. It would also not delay the PC release in any significant manner since the majority of the translation work is already done in the current beta already.

It's not ideal, but you could try getting the Japanese character creator. I think there's an English patch for it and the character files should be compatible if it's like SEA's clients.

Yes, character creator is like Episode 3 old, so everything from the character creator should load in the game. But newer saves from the game won't load in the character creator, that's not a problem unless you downloaded a character from somewhere.

You already have an account since you are posting here. They just can't let you make a character without the client being ready, which requires the ability to log-in to the servers. They can't allow character creation until the allow PC to play.

I actually have no plans of using this account, and I don't know what this account is. PC players can't create accounts on here to even discuss. If I didn't find this old email account from a decade ago, I wouldn't be able to chat here.

@RobAtTheWiire said in Begin Allowing Creating PC Accounts Now:

I actually have no plans of using this account, and I don't know what this account is. PC players can't create accounts on here to even discuss. If I didn't find this old email account from a decade ago, I wouldn't be able to chat here.

The game on PC and XBOX One both use a Microsoft Account. You also must use a Microsoft to log-in and be able to post here on the forums. An XBOX Account from over a decade ago is also a Microsoft Account, but it has been around longer than the Microsoft Account system. So, as long as you can post on the forums, you can play the game when it is available on your platform.

@landman said in Begin Allowing Creating PC Accounts Now:

Yes, character creator is like Episode 3 old, so everything from the character creator should load in the game. But newer saves from the game won't load in the character creator, that's not a problem unless you downloaded a character from somewhere.

The JP character creator is Episode 4. No one knows if it will be compatible with NA, unless it has all the content in it character creator that is in the old JP Episode 4 Character Creator, which is technically a benchmark tool.

@landman said in Begin Allowing Creating PC Accounts Now:

The JP character creator is Episode 4. No one knows if it will be compatible with NA, unless it has all the content in it character creator that is in the old JP Episode 4 Character Creator, which is technically a benchmark tool.

The Japanese character creators are compatible with SEA and the Japanese clients to this day and remain compatible with old versions of all character creator files ever used despite them using different encryption at points. As someone who's researched that very file format, I would say that it's highly likely things will change unless SEGA deliberately removes support or opts for a different type of encryption for whatever reason, which again, was not done in any previous alternate regional servers.

Even supposing the unlikely event that the formats are utterly incompatible for whatever reason, one could still feasibly make a character and then transfer those results based on their slider settings manually if they really wanted that.