Support Ticket

Hi OK so I know I shouldn't post about it here but regardless, here goes! I have two tickets open concerning a missing purchase and have not received a reply for days. In that time I have been referred by Microsoft support to SEGA support, who pointed me here, where I already have two tickets open...

@CyberCitizen3 said in Support Ticket:

I have two tickets open concerning a missing purchase and have not received a reply for days. In that time I have been referred by Microsoft support to SEGA support, who pointed me here, where I already have two tickets open...

Did you get this resolved? I never received my Mission Pass Gold Ticket and am in the same situation as you.

No I haven't heard a word would be nice to hear from a GM, I'm missing Ragol Edition

I get how bad things are right now in the world and still think two weeks is long to be waiting on word of a missing $30 pack. Really struggling to enjoy my time on the game with that hanging over me

Have you tried to @ a GM? If you look in the users tab you can see all of the gms on the very last page. Hope they can help you out.

Also are you sure it's missing? @CyberCitizen3 the items should be located in any visiphone. You would see a red exclamation above it. Access the visiphone and go to retrieve campaign items I think? And ragol should be there! 🙂

@Nostalgia I'm sure its missing I got all three 'packs' I should have 48 scratch tickets, 36 from packs and 12 from perks. Going for the 50 bonus! I only have 2 premium and mission pass gold tickets of 3 also only 15 memories of 25. I haven't used any of this stuff yet because of investigation... Its killing me. @GM-Beemo @GM-Beppo @GM-bill @GM-Bleed @GM-Cheezpuff @GM-Cinder @GM-Deynger @GM-Hamed @GM-JJDragon @GM-Kchan

Good luck, it will get sorted out don't worry.

Thanks man. Trying hard not to worry and stress but it's difficult when always looking over your shoulder for that red exclamation mark haha

I've had a reply from the team they are trying to tell me the items were delivered without issue this is not true. I am missing a premium set, mission pass gold ticket, 12 ac scratch tickets and 10 ragol memories... This is no joke they are not anywhere to be found come on team

@GM-Beemo @GM-Beppo @GM-bill @GM-Bleed @GM-Cheezpuff @GM-Cinder @GM-Deynger @GM-Hamed @GM-JJDragon @GM-Kchan

The items in my previous ticket were not delivered without issue I have doubled checked the pack contents and I'm missing the contents of either ragol edition or ragol fashion pack. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded the game client from the ragol edition page, which states owned. Still nothing. So im either missing a premium set, mission pass gold ticket, 12 ac scratch and 10 ragol memories OR $30 ragol pack gets you nothing at all... ?

This is a copy of my ticket. I have proof via screenshots available at request. No premium active and never been active to have expired + the items I haven't used yet. I've actually been had here guys help me out

I want to add to this that I bought the sonic edition and I also am missing half my items. I got some from the visiphone, but really only the cp pots. Im missing damn near everything else. I def didnt get the premium pass item either.

I am also missing 12 AC Scratch tickets that I purchased. Purchase history clearly shows 24 tickets, but upon the Purchase Menu, it only says I have 12 available for use?

This post is deleted!