Salon pass grace period

I thought that once you used a salon pass to change your appearance that you had 60 minutes to go back in and adjust things? This is not the case, and it's impossible to get a feel for how your character moves around after adjusting your height without exiting into the shopping plaza to run around a bit.

This isn't the new character grace period, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it tell me you had 60 minutes to continue fine tuning your changes before you'd have to spend another pass to change anything again.

If I'd know there was no grace period at all, I would have rolled a new character and used their 5 hour grace period to tweak and save appearance data options and then deleted them.

So, I'm asking if this is the intended behavior, or if this is a bug, for future reference so I can avoid wasting in-game items. And also so I know to only use 2 character slots so I can change appearances without time pressure.

This is most likely to be an intended behavior. Only premium users get the 60 minutes grace period after the use of the salon pass or the color-change pass.

https://pso2.com/manual/fundamentals/ac

@Quixadhal said in Salon pass grace period:

And also so I know to only use 2 character slots so I can change appearances without time pressure.

Yes, only making 2 characters and using the 3rd slot for the test is the best strategy for players going to fine-tune the look of their characters, I think.

Hmmmm, I am a premium user, and it did NOT give me any grace period.

I'm wondering if there's yet another confusingly poor choice of wording here, since the "tip" message mentioned "When using a premium set". I am a premium user, but perhaps a "permium set" means something else entirely?

Sorry, I missed a big point. Salon Free Pass won't get the 60 minutes grace, whether the user is premium or not. Does this apply to your case?

@Fiona-Respha said in Salon pass grace period:

This is most likely to be an intended behavior. Only premium users get the 60 minutes grace period after the use of the salon pass or the color-change pass.

Wait. premium doesn't give you free salon use?

@Mattwo7 Nope, never has even on the Japanese server, just the grace period when using a paid Salon Pass.

Yes, so to correct my first post, it should say "Only premium users get the 60 minutes grace period after the use of the salon pass S or the color-change pass."

No one is talking about using salon itself free, I suppose.

EDIT: the salon section of the online manual has some more details. Sorry about my first post bringing some confusion.

https://pso2.com/manual/fundamentals/salon

@Fiona-Respha said in Salon pass grace period:

EDIT: the salon section of the online manual has some more details. Sorry about my first post bringing some confusion. https://pso2.com/manual/fundamentals/salon

I see, the confusion stemmed from which salon pass is used.

Here's what I recommend. You can make a character of the gender/race of the one you want to change, edit em like crazy for a couple hours, save the creation data (option in salon), then load that data on the character you wanted to fine tune.

Yes, that's exactly right. It is never described in any way, in-game, that the 60 minute grace period only applies to "Salon Pass S" and not to the "free" salon passes which you can obtain in various ways. The wording implies that the grace period applies "when using a Premium Set" which itself seems to be a different wording of "a Premium Pass".

This is probably a thing that makes perfect sense to people who have played for 8+ years and saw the systems as they went live... but it utterly confusing to new people who get everything thrown at them at once, like me. 🙂

Thanks guys!