PC Players, Microsoft is running the show, not Sega...

I'm getting sick of everyone complaining about the idea that PC players are getting neglected and how Sega already showed favoritism to an Xbox console in the past (except I seem to recall the reverse happening?) but none of that matters because Sega Japan didn't want PSO2 to release in NA in the first place, all of this is Microsoft's doing, THEY were responsible for the tweet showing off the Xbox logo emote, NOT Sega!

Microsoft owns Windows 10 and cares very little about Xbone as a platform, it has basically zero true exclusives and it's just a Windows home etertainment machine, it literally runs on a stripped down version of Windows 10 (formerly Windows 8), they're just trying to milk as much money off of it as possible before it dies.

Do you, knowing all that, HONESTLY believe that PC players are going to get snubbed? It's an absurd notion frankly!

Easy to say when you get to play bud.

@Mattwo7 said in PC Players, Microsoft is running the show, not Sega...:

PC Players, Microsoft is running the show, not Sega

Based on what evidence? Capture.JPG

All I can find is this interview where they talk about using Microsoft Azure from Microsoft-SEGA collaboration.

Come on man, you can't expect to start a spicy thread and not provide a source, don't make me post dank proofster memes.

@Mattwo7 Odd when the game's page flatout says Sega is doing it. 🤔

And if steam ends up saying SEGA is the publisher, then that's the nail in the coffin. Since Microsoft wouldn't have jurisdiction over that if they aren't the publisher.

I love it when a post lacks a backing for information and stirs the pot.

Microsoft only pushed for pso2 na to be here and the azure servers that's it everything else is sega doing who do you think fixes the bugs and issues for the cbt and open beta it wasn't Microsoft it was SEGA

@Eye-ce said in PC Players, Microsoft is running the show, not Sega...:

I love it when a post lacks a backing for information and stirs the pot.

It's even funnier when he says Microsoft barely cares about Xbox......when they actively released PSO2 on Xbox first and already announced their new console.

Not just any Sega, but rather Sega of Japan (Sega Games) who's the one running things.

PSO2's listing:

Screenshot_20200413-091551_Chrome.jpg

Yakuza 0's listing:

Screenshot_20200413-091822_Chrome.jpg

Even the Terms of Service makes it clear who's running things:

Screenshot_20200413-092018_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-092024_Chrome.jpg

Furthermore, Microsoft has no credit...

Lionbridge Technologies (Localization) and ESTsoft (Community Team) have credit as well as what little involvement Sega of America and even Sega Europe had (which doesnt include any roles relating to managing the game) but not Microsoft.

Screenshot_20200413-093037_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-093126_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-093225_YouTube.jpg

According to this article:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/games/customer-stories/phantasy-star-online-2-expands-to-north-america-using-azure/

• Microsoft pitched and maybe financed the NA release.

• Pitched MS Azure to Sega and helped their engineers in getting the server software ready for it.

• Gave Sega suggestions on running a game in the West.

• Assisted them in finding a company to localize the game... after all Lionbridge Technologies lists Microsoft as one of their many clients (alongside Namco and Nexon).

So yea, bottom line... this is still Sega's project.

@Leonkh99 yup, and the other major contribution from Microsoft has been their endorsement and advertising of PSO2. Major Nelson, Xbox Insider, Phil Spencer, all of their official twitter accounts have no issue advertising the game.

@Mattwo7 said in PC Players, Microsoft is running the show, not Sega...:

I'm getting sick of everyone complaining about the idea that PC players are getting neglected and how Sega already showed favoritism to an Xbox console in the past (except I seem to recall the reverse happening?) but none of that matters because Sega Japan didn't want PSO2 to release in NA in the first place, all of this is Microsoft's doing, THEY were responsible for the tweet showing off the Xbox logo emote, NOT Sega!

Microsoft owns Windows 10 and cares very little about Xbone as a platform, it has basically zero true exclusives and it's just a Windows home etertainment machine, it literally runs on a stripped down version of Windows 10 (formerly Windows 8), they're just trying to milk as much money off of it as possible before it dies.

Do you, knowing all that, HONESTLY believe that PC players are going to get snubbed? It's an absurd notion frankly!

Please don't spread wrong information and act like a denial fanboy. Because there are plenty of sources that says SEGA instead of Microsoft throughout the credits and site.

Long story short, they did what Nintendo did for Bayonetta 2.

It was never going to be a thing, Microsoft said "we will pay you if you make it a thing just for us and we'll help out" and Sega said "ok". Still done entirely by Sega, but Microsoft is most likely just advising [which they barely have to do anyway since we're been asking for the game for around 10 years]

I must admit that I ran my mouth without having a way to back up what I said and I seem to have given people the wrong impression as a result. I screwed up, I'm a big enough person to admit that. Stress always seems to have an effect on my superego's capacity to keep my id in check. That's not an excuse btw, just how I rationalize how this happened. It was still my mistake that was made and I will take responsibility for it.

@GM-Deynger @GM-Rappie please lock this thread.

This thread is just chef's kiss.