Rare characters

Is it just me or are Male Newmans and Dumans incredibly the least made characters? Mostly see male Casts, Human males and plenty of female Newmans and a good amount of other females but it seems Casts are pretty popular here on this region. What are your thoughts fellow players?

It is the general trend even on the JPN servers. This was the breakdown from the sixth anniversary data:

alt text

I could have sworn they had statistics for NA Closed Beta didn't they?

Yep, right here: https://pso2.com/news/announcements/cbtinfo

For the CBT, it definitely skewed more Male than Female, but the distribution of Race for Males is still very similar to the JPN version.

Ironically, numbers were quite even during the first year, but then Sega did exactly the same thing every other asian MMORPG does:

CEO: Alright guys, populations are quite even, now and for the next 10 or 20 gachas, release nothing but female costumes and accessories and leave males with 1 boring, clipping costume noone will ever want per gacha tier.

PLAYERS: Screw this, i am going to play Female, they are cuter and can be customized much more.

CEO:

alt text

CEO2: Welp, i guess this means people only want to play females, keept it up, people!

Male Player: But what about us?

CEO&CEO2: Yeah well, market studies have clearly shown that female characters are more profitable, so sadly we will have to focus most of our efforts in Female fashion from now on and towards the future.

This was true when i worked in the industry and it is true today.

@AndrlCh

from the charge seems to be Humans had a slight decrease , less Deumans but more Newmans and CAST on NA and the male to female character ratio is closer than JPNs

i am also surprised going a little off topic of the % of people who went braver. i was not exspecting it to be as popular as it is

@RagnarokSlayer said in Rare characters:

i am also surprised going a little off topic of the % of people who went braver. i was not exspecting it to be as popular as it is

Probably has to do with the fact that many of the most well known "soloers" play braver, for obvious reasons. I mean, the class, when brought to the highest extremes of power and with the right builds/weapons, is downright broken.

It always was, but people slept on it until JP Youtubers began going crazy with it.

I am rocking a male Deuman, but I pretty much cut off my horn.

Lack of horn options makes me rather not have one at all.

Other than nose shadow, I don't know why would anyone be human instead of demwan, all attack is superior in dewman, they only have lower defences, but that' why you dodge and parry. Unless you want to go fully baldie, and can't hide the yunicorn xd Another pro, your deuman has superior base cosmetics: you can paint each eye differently, at the beginning in JP they had a major range of skin tones, and also free extra body tatoos!

@landman said in Rare characters:

they only have lower defences

Which can easily be made up for by getting Summoner to 75 and claiming the stat boost reward of All Defense + 40. The stat boosts for level 75 is actually cross-character, all classes. So you can always do it on a Human/whatever, then make a Newman/etc. later. Who knows.

No u just can't distinguish the difference between Human, Newman, Deuman, and even Cast females if they have their ears covered by something (and yes, u can completely hide horns from Deuman as well).

@landman Preference I guess . Human Male has balanced stats and female has lower physical attack but higher tech attack vs Male? Not sure but deuman kind of destroy them for atk . With Male having best physical atk and female having joint 1st best range damage. And focusing on tech you’d probably go Newman . I guess it’s people who want to be able to swap classes on the fly?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Rare characters:

I am rocking a male Deuman, but I pretty much cut off my horn.

Lack of horn options makes me rather not have one at all.

I can't even find the option to edit the horns in the salon.

@Mattwo7 It's under the Detailed Face options, but it is just moving the horn and stretching and shrinking it.

@AndrlCh said in Rare characters:

@Mattwo7 It's under the Detailed Face options, but it is just moving the horn and stretching and shrinking it.

Yea, not what I meant...