Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Probably one game ive been dying to play though im scared from the whispers im hearing about the story. But damn if it is not beautiful. I would go digital but i got the deluxe edition. And honestly if not for the box id just go digital.

I miss the old Voice Actors, the new ones are doing a good job from what I've heard so far in the trailers. But man it sure is strange not hearing Steve Burton as Cloud or Quinton Flynn as Reno, they were so iconic and memorable.

I kinda grew up with them through Kingdom Hearts, Dissidia and Advent Children.

I did not know they were in KH. I do remember the Advent children movie though. God that was ages ago. Im still sad they split the game. Feels like KH almost in that way.

Yeah it's actually rather funny that the first time we hear Cloud's voice (English Version) was in 2002's Kingdom Hearts rather than a Final Fantasy game/movie. (Not the case for his Japanese voice though, that debut came in the game EHRGEIZ: GOD BLESS THE RING.)

When they showed the first trailer during E3, I was like "Oh Steve you sound a bit off, do you perhaps got a cold?" (It's just a trailer, I have no doubt that he'll sound 'perfect' again for in-game.) Only moments later to figure out that it wasn't Steve at all. I was shocked.

A friend of mine claimed that these 'new' guys are just there to voice the trailers, and that the old crew will be back for the final product. How wrong he was.

God just hearing 2002 is both sad and amazing. its literally 2020.

@Meta77 said in Final Fantasy 7 Remake:

Probably one game ive been dying to play though im scared from the whispers im hearing about the story. But damn if it is not beautiful. I would go digital but i got the deluxe edition. And honestly if not for the box id just go digital.

Super hyped for this, and the reviews by youtubers thus far have indicated that this is, in almost every way, an improvement over the original. I'll be picking up the digital edition come friday.

@ErinXh said in Final Fantasy 7 Remake:

I miss the old Voice Actors, the new ones are doing a good job from what I've heard so far in the trailers. But man it sure is strange not hearing Steve Burton as Cloud or Quinton Flynn as Reno, they were so iconic and memorable. I kinda grew up with them through Kingdom Hearts, Dissidia and Advent Children.

Cody Christian does a really good job as a slightly softer cloud, and his vocal range is better in terms of expressing emotion; Burton was great for the brooding Cloud of FFVIIAC and KH 1/2, but from playing the demo I think Cody is better at showing emotional variance, and it sounds more genuine.

Where Reno is concerned, however, there's no comparison; Quinton Flynn and his soft New-York Italian accent gives off a much better young mafioso tone than whomever Reno's new VA is. That "now it's my turn!" seen in the boss fight here is in no way Reno. At all. Ditto Rude, who in AC was voiced by Crispin Freeman, but whose new VA again just doesn't suit him at all.

Also, Geoge Newbern is Sephiroth. His new VA, Tyler Hoechlin, just doesn't hold a candle. Hoechlin can't do that bass undertone which gives Sephiroth the air of experience and menace. What Hoechlin is good at, however, is giving Sephiroth the air of a snake; it's clear that Hoechlin's sephiroth has ulterior motives. Like Christian, however, Hoechlin seems to have better tone and emotional variance; Newbern does sinister and baritone very well, but he sounded absolutely flat during some sections of FFVIICC where he seemed to lose the more characteristic bass of Sephiroth as seen in FFVIIAC.

Lastly, I think Tifa and Aerith's respective VAs for this outing are actually better than their FFVIIAC counterparts. Barrett I can't make heads or tails of yet, since Barrett in the upcoming game and Barrett in AC are in two very different states as people.

2 days. Im getting sick cause amazon says my order wont arrive till next tuesday. I may just double dip and order digtal. And when i get my deluxe just take the game out and sell it on ebay when it comes in

@Meta77 said in Final Fantasy 7 Remake:

2 days. Im getting sick cause amazon says my order wont arrive till next tuesday. I may just double dip and order digtal. And when i get my deluxe just take the game out and sell it on ebay when it comes in

I'll just do digital. That ensures I get it the day of. Plus, it's not like there are any gamestops open around here right now.

I already got the ost on preorder and honestly looking at the deluxe edition there is not really anything in it i can not live without as the ost in it is just a sampler. and a steelbook case which most all mine end up on a shelf anyway. digital it is

8 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!