Do we know if XBOX progress will move over to PC?

I am hoping for full cross play/play anywhere but I have not been able to find any info on this. Can we get an answer plz & thank you.

You may be able to use your Xbox progress on PC, but you may not see the game listed as a "Xbox Play Anywhere" title as what allows the progress transfer is done on PSO2's server end and NOT Xbox Live's end.

So much like Halo Master Chief Collection:

HaloMasterChiefCollection.jpg

You may have two separate listings (Mock up):

pso2_msstore.jpg

But progress would carry over since your GamerTag is really only used for authentication and friends list and the actual character data is stored on PSO2's server.

That said, this is only a theory albeit one based on how JP and its servers work.

They won't officially address this until the PC release is announced but there's no reason to belive there won't be crossplay as it will be Windows 10 exclusive and Microsoft owns both platforms and as Leonkh99 said, user data is stored serverside.

The real question is if you can use your Xbone/PC data on the eventual PS4/PS5 release if/when it happens. There's no questioning the Switch release though as Microsoft and Nintendo play nice together.

@Mattwo7 said in Do we know if XBOX progress will move over to PC?:

The real question is if you can use your Xbone/PC data on the eventual PS4/PS5 release if/when it happens. There's no questioning the Switch release though as Microsoft and Nintendo play nice together.

In Japan, the Switch version is also just a stream of the game running on a PC, but they kind of technology (how it is made possible there), isn't really possible in the West, since there are far more people.

People found a way to stream WoW Classic to their cell phones, I doubt it's beyond the realm of possibility

@Mattwo7 its not that same kind of streaming. PSO2 Cloud is more akin to Google Stadia with centralized servers running an instance of the game client that streams its video to the Cloud Client.

This is too much of a financial risk and other games available in Japan using this method (e.g Resident Evil VII Cloud, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Final Fantasy XIII Mobile) dont have this particular version available in the West so... the chances of PSO2 Cloud being released are quite slim.

from what ive heard all the log ins for the PC version WILL be using your Microsoft account in some form of a launcher. So they SHOULD be linked together as one server in terms of using your characters and progress on both

@Leonkh99 I don't know why you're assuming they'll use the same streaming service, that's DeNA's cloud service right? NAPSO2 already uses Azure. If anyone, the risk would be on Microsoft anyway. Microsoft are the ones who wanted the game in the west.

Cool thx for the input.

@Mattwo7 two completely different kinds of Cloud. PSO2 Cloud and Resident Evil VII Cloud both use a cloud streaming service developed by a company named Ubitus.

MS Azure is not the same kind of Cloud server used for "cloud streaming" but rather its used more as a solution for hosting services. Remember that server softwares usually have less requirements to host (considering that they don't need to render graphics or audio) than say... hosting an actual full on game client that requires graphic cards and so on.

TLDR: Azure Server is more akin to paying for a website host server whereas the kind of azure that PSO2 Cloud (on Switch) uses is like a virtual desktop streaming.

depends if it’s Microsoft running the server or SEGA . If Microsoft are running the servers then I would say yes chances are slim but if SEGA are and depending on what Is started by Microsoft it could very well come out on PS4 and share but it would work differently .

If it did come out on PS4 and switch sega would probably make a 2nd method to log in (like a SEGA account) and probably would make the Xbox infomation into SEGA accounts . This is would be the you can log in on all method . Either that or steam accounts would become another way? . I mean my steam account was linked by ps3 when I made it . It could very well have everyone playing on the same server and many newer games seem to be striving for this

@RagnarokSlayer said in Do we know if XBOX progress will move over to PC?:

depends if it’s Microsoft running the server or SEGA .

@Leonkh99 said in Do we know if XBOX progress will move over to PC?:

MS Azure is not the same kind of Cloud server used for "cloud streaming" but rather its used more as a solution for hosting services.

I think that says who's responsible for running the servers.

If it did come out on PS4 and switch sega would probably make a 2nd method to log in (like a SEGA account)

You already need to link your Sega account to your Xbox account so technically right now you log in with both.

idk depends on if we ever get a PC version

@NezumiiXD said in Do we know if XBOX progress will move over to PC?:

idk depends on if we ever get a PC version

Capture.PNG

Official word says "Spring 2020" and that it's "still on track" meaning no delays in spite of the current global crisis but it's vague enough that it might have actually already been delayed multiple times. Either way, at present we don't have any reason to believe a PC release won't happen before spring ends.

@RagnarokSlayer SEGA runs the servers using the Microsoft Azure platform (which simply being Microsoft doesnt mean its Xbox-only... Azure is an all purpose cloud platform).

The issue at hand is not so much the server or who's hosting but rather whether Sony would allow access to Xbox Live services (completely different from MS Azure) which is used to power the friends list, chat and authentication. Ideally though... they should given that Minecraft on PS4 supports Xbox Live login...