This Xbone version is killing the experience for me

I have the original Xbone model and the game runs really bad when all the graphic options are at max, so I have to turn them down like I'm running a potato PC. At these max settings, NPCs take around 10 seconds to load in the lobbies, my game freezes for around the same time when I get party invites, and the loading screens last for ages. I also refuse to pay premium for this game while I'm having to also pay the XBL sub. Two subs for one game infuriates me to no end. I would have no problem paying for the premium if I'm not having to pay for another pointless sub. But because I refuse to get premium, this causes additional problems for me such as not being able to join parties in full blocks and me falling behind in progress compared to my friends who have premium. So while they're grinding +50 SHAQs and getting 12 and 13*s, I'm over here struggling to catch up because I don't have the boosters (and a shop!) that they do.

There's also the problem with XBL itself. Sometimes I'll have a problem with a person and vent on them for doing something stupid to me like kicking me from a group because my auto chat is annoying to them or they abandon the mission with me in at at the boss because they suck at the game and get frustrated. These snowflakes get their feelings hurt and report me and I'll get a comms ban in no time. What this does is disable me from talking and typing to other people in the game and it disables me from accepting other people's invitations. XBL just sucks and it shouldn't affect how I play this game. For something else that might be related, for the past day I can't see what I'm typing and I can't perform emotes or see my auto chat. This happened after I logged off for the night and came back. I thought I got banned but I didn't get a notification. So now I can't express myself and it further impacts my enjoyment with the game.

I have a PC easily capable of running this game in 4k at 60+ fps. It just sucks that for the next 2 or so months that this is how my experience with the game is going to be, unless I pay another $300 for an Xbone X. Even though MS helped segac get this game over here 8 years later, they really picked the wrong platform to get this party started.

Shoulda just been patient and wait for PC. Your own fault.

@BFGesus said in This Xbone version is killing the experience for me:

they really picked the wrong platform

Umm no, Sega didn't want anything to do with this release, Microsoft paid them so they outsourced all the work aside from the coding which Sega Japan handles and the publishing, which Microsoft handles.

@Mattwo7 said in This Xbone version is killing the experience for me:

they really picked the wrong platform

Umm no, Sega didn't want anything to do with this release, Microsoft paid them so they outsourced all the work aside from the coding which Sega Japan handles and the publishing, which Microsoft handles.

And here, we, go.

Thank god Corona didnt make all the caramel popcorn sell out.

That is console life for you. Ranting on won't resolve any of your issues and won't hasten the PC release. Dont over stress yourself over some pixels, put the game aside and wait for the NA PC release. You waited 7 plus years, a few more months will be a walk on the park.

@Alexandrious947 said in This Xbone version is killing the experience for me:

just been patient and wait for PC.

Patience was never an option.

I would wait just wait it out a little longer . Considering the Xbox version had a week before open beta was release I am just going to make a Assumption and think they will do the same . Now i have noticed quite a few promos are ending on the date of 14th of April. If the week notice is true then we may actually hear something tommorow if it’s in line with the 14th of April deadlines in events .

They did reply to a couple tweets a couple days ago . They know the dates and they say it’s on schedule . if it was far away I doubt they would of replied as such . Again this is all speculation and guess work but that’s how the pattern looks to me at least

You're problem is you have a Base Xbox One. If you had the X it wouldn't be such a problem. As for your problem with XBL. You're the problem whining to them kicking you or whatever. Just make private parties and problem solved. And you claim to have friends so maybe you should play more with them. Just remember when the game comes to PC it's still gonna have crossplay with console so good luck avoiding people.

Yeah I feel you the base Xbox one and the S seem to be optimized for the Xbox one X stats, but even on the X I have (Rarely) had issues of huge amounts of lag and characters and enemies not displaying but it’s very few and this has even been on low pop blocks, but again it’s still in Beta let’s hope the team will look back and they can optimize the OG/S a bit better

Actually come to think of it, I have a original model PS4 that plays the game at max graphics just fine. Why the hell would an original model Xbone not be able to play it fine? I don't need a PS4 Pro for that, why would anyone need an Xbone X?

Actually come to think of it, I have a original model PS4 that plays the game at max graphics just fine. Why the hell would an original model Xbone not be able to play it fine? I don't need a PS4 Pro for that, why would anyone need an Xbone X?

Because Don Mattrick was a moron who led Microsoft into a stupid console generation. From the start the base Xbox One was weaker than the base PS4 by a good margin. You can go look up how games had higher resolution on PS4 base over base XB1. It wasn't until Phil Spencer took over that the ship has become righted and now even the next gen Xbox Series X will be more powerful than what Sony is delivering.

Well Sony isn't really going for power as much as they're going for function. Least that's what I got out of the PS5 video before my ADHD kicked in.

Well Sony isn't really going for power as much as they're going for function. Least that's what I got out of the PS5 video before my ADHD kicked in.

Yes they are focusing more on load times which is great for offline/single player games which Sony has been thriving at. Online games it won't mean much except it loads slightly faster getting into things. Either way shorter things would be watch Digital Foundry stuff. Either way both consoles could easily run PSO2 at max settings come next-gen.

@PhantasyStar369 said in This Xbone version is killing the experience for me:

Either way both consoles could easily run PSO2 at max settings come next-gen.

I'm sure Sega will up the game specs again like they did with the PS4 release though. That said, it will most likely be in favor of the original model PS5. They have no real obligation to push the game to the XBSX's specs.

I have the original Xbone model and the game runs really bad when all the graphic options are at max, so I have to turn them down like I'm running a potato PC. At these max settings, NPCs take around 10 seconds to load in the lobbies, my game freezes for around the same time when I get party invites, and the loading screens last for ages. I also refuse to pay premium for this game while I'm having to also pay the XBL sub. Two subs for one game infuriates me to no end. I would have no problem paying for the premium if I'm not having to pay for another pointless sub. But because I refuse to get premium, this causes additional problems for me such as not being able to join parties in full blocks and me falling behind in progress compared to my friends who have premium. So while they're grinding +50 SHAQs and getting 12 and 13*s, I'm over here struggling to catch up because I don't have the boosters (and a shop!) that they do.

There's also the problem with XBL itself. Sometimes I'll have a problem with a person and vent on them for doing something stupid to me like kicking me from a group because my auto chat is annoying to them or they abandon the mission with me in at at the boss because they suck at the game and get frustrated. These snowflakes get their feelings hurt and report me and I'll get a comms ban in no time. What this does is disable me from talking and typing to other people in the game and it disables me from accepting other people's invitations. XBL just sucks and it shouldn't affect how I play this game. For something else that might be related, for the past day I can't see what I'm typing and I can't perform emotes or see my auto chat. This happened after I logged off for the night and came back. I thought I got banned but I didn't get a notification. So now I can't express myself and it further impacts my enjoyment with the game.

I have a PC easily capable of running this game in 4k at 60+ fps. It just sucks that for the next 2 or so months that this is how my experience with the game is going to be, unless I pay another $300 for an Xbone X. Even though MS helped segac get this game over here 8 years later, they really picked the wrong platform to get this party started.

well i'm sad for ya man but if you are on Ship 1 i'd be down to help out and do AQ's or what ever ya need. I already hit max level onall classes for one character so i'm in dire-straights waiting for updates to our serve so i'd be down to help. My group is normally 3 so a 4th would be welcomed.