This game needs a bestiary

It's frustrating to me and many players when we pick up an order that tells us to kill a certain creature and the game doesn't tell you where it is. So then we have to waste more time searching online. You think that an organization like ARKS would document the location of creatures and have that information readily available, right? Just a simple QoL addition.

You can check on the client orders page, apparently. There should be a drop down menu. There should be a tab about the different areas or something and there will be a mark on it if a client order can be completed there.

I totally agree with the oringal poster. THey need better descriptions of what enimies on what levels.

I remember the PSP games had one at the visphone in the player housing (I think this got added to JPPSU) but they didn't include loot tables or much of anything save for a description.

the client order give you all info about the mob to hunt, area, lvl, count...

@GentleWaifu said in This game needs a bestiary:

the client order give you all info about the mob to hunt, area, lvl, count...

No it doesn't. It tells you how many you need to kill and that's it.

@Ragnawind said in This game needs a bestiary:

Here is a helpful atopic on this: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/515/tip-want-to-know-where-to-complete-the-client-orders-you-ve-taken-up-press-the-tab-button-shoulder-buttons-on-controllers

But that's only useful when you're at the NPC. I don't want to run back to the NPC every time I complete an order to find out where the next one is. And speaking of that, I think you should be able to turn in orders in your menu instead of having to track down 50 different NPCs.

When you are looking at all your client orders you have you can filter them by area with the LB and RB. You don't have to go to the NPCs to see this. You can do this from the Client Order menu.

I do wish this game had a bestiary.

Go to client orders highlight the tab and press RB or LB.

Just recently discovered this.

@BFGesus said in This game needs a bestiary:

It's frustrating to me and many players when we pick up an order that tells us to kill a certain creature and the game doesn't tell you where it is. So then we have to waste more time searching online. You think that an organization like ARKS would document the location of creatures and have that information readily available, right? Just a simple QoL addition.

They have systems like this already in place, but the problem is you have to find them, which is so complicated that Google is easier.

They need to make it menu accessable and easy enough to read. Almost like a Pokedex, basically.

I just think it would be cool because I like reading the lore behind the creatures in games that I enjoy. I don't mind the trudge of figuring out what is what and where it lives, builds immersion, makes me feel like I'm actually becoming part of the world and what not.

Yea, the one in the PSP games had some nice lore.