Real Apparel

Sort of came to these forums on this note so I guess with November being the last month for us all as a community on here I will leave on this note so to speak at the risk of sounding like a broken record maybe. 😼

I will present this like a business power point presentation for all intensive purposes less it fall on deaf ears. (again :P)

Ahem.. * calls for slide projector*

Hello there, let me start off by stating that all endeavors in life that are worth going for have never been a made promise towards easy going or lucrative results. Clairvoyance comes with time and nurture and as it stands this is my keynote. Let's begin!

alt text alt text alt text alt text alt text weird-men-fashion-1104191023-10.jpg alt text alt text alt text

Ah! okay.. Here you'll see this particular Rappy which was the first official piece of PS merchandise a 16 year old Redex ever laid his eyes on. They were never officially for sale and were offered up as a PSØ Twitter contest giveaway for them if I'm re-calling it right. Yes in fact I do believe with some confidence that was the case here.

Tragedy strikes... I do not win a shirt from the giveaway. (A nearly scarring moment)

When I faced my high school crush the weeks following up from the contest it was set match. she just knew I had lost the contest and she could see it in my eyes. A desolate soul of defeat.. Who is this rappy T-shirtless A-hole she must have been thinking all month behind her back while I wore my regular garb out.

(Those shirts have not been re-released to this day)

alt text

There was one lesson I took away from this after sometime had passed, always be optimistic about the future. Tragic defeats today are tomorrows path towards personal greatness through inspiring betterment.

alt text Untitled.png 1636544931455-ac45616b-372e-4450-b733-144a77310b7a-image.png alt text alt text b4a1071ba53f6c841c88ff86c51ace71.jpg alt text alt text

'APPAREL'

Ladies & Gentleman of the Phantasy Star, I ask you what do we all think of when we read this word?..

Fashion, Identity, comfort, quality, accessories, purpose, necessity.

..Unless you're a nudist on that last 1, now these are just a few things we can attribute to apparel. Given the nature of business I know that you know, that I know that you know that I know that Sega knows the last thing anybody wants any of us doing is dropping massive amounts of dollars on unofficial Sega merchandise!

Ladies & Gents / CEO's and company workers I present to you a world of untapped potential.

alt text weird-fashion-strange-girls-men-style-images-funny-photos-11.jpg alt text alt text alt text

Now.. as I am sure you are all well aware we reside within a world of ever evolving fashion trends. A world that the mere consumer alone cannot keep up with! AC scratches, priorly SG scratches, a constant demand for more from all sides of the field. Put simply, SEGA has set the roadmaps for a fashion revolution taking us into the future and beyond.

Now you maybe asking yourselves! where does this all begin? ..It begins with you, the company and consumer. It begins with not re-stocking 978273138123 Sonic T-shirts and sweaters/beanies in the official store. I propose SEGA can provide a pre-order service to either minimize or maximize output for a all new official PSO/PSO2/NGS line of merchandise varying from an assortment of keychains all the way down to Mags, plushies, shirts and sweaters to whatever might follow! ..Can we get a round of applause for that ladies and gentleman!?!?

*AUDIENCE CLAP SIGN LIGHTS UP *

Thank you! ...No thank you!, really you're too kind, this event is about you not me! thank you.

(well I suppose it's kind of about me trying to get a official sega PS shirt for 10+ years)

alt text

Ladies and Gentleman I suggest that we have all the systems in play, the official store it's live, updates for the game are on the way and the air is buzzing. I know with the support of the community we have a recipe for easy success here.

From dressing in the game all the way towards dressing in the real world the demand is there inherently and by damn we have a product here.

alt text

*Gazes deeply at SEGA employee *

The roadmap is set and we can begin to see returns as soon as first quarter 2022. We'll need to make proper supplying arrangements for the initial runs so we can gage our revenue if this moves forward.

...Community thoughts? Suggestions? ..Thank you for your time that will be all.

My reaction to just recently finding out SEGA japan has some select PSO2 merchandise in their store though not us.

(quite wholesome stuff actually) ..would be great to see the maybe 2 or so shirts I was able to find in the Japanese store brought here.

9677543b-a78e-4a2b-8839-4d3203c04b1a-image.png

:0

@Redex I was just about to mention that Sega did have merchandise on the Japanese store that they did offer on a contest of sorts on Global. I really wish the Japanese store was a bit more "accessible" and open so that Global audiences can purchase goodies from there as well (such as the Summoner pet plushes or character figures) because the Japanese version of the game has stretched into all sorts of markets Sega could reach to - which is simply sad to me on Global that we barely got any acknowledgement of that.

@VanillaLucia

Ahh yeah I definitely missed out on that contest..

I agree, same here.. Lots of cool stuff in their store like you mentioned statue-figures as well. Imagine a Quna concert figure? Those things would sell like hotcakes as the saying goes. I'd personally just like to be able to say I own 1 piece of merchandise from the series like a zip-hoodie or something like that but I also certainly wouldn't mind figures for my display cases either.

@Redex I don't know of a Quna Concert figure, but I still find it sad that we never got anything like the Phantastic 3D Live 2018 concert which was streamed live and was something people can attend which also had tie-ins with in-game cosmetics later. This is further compounded by the ARKS Dance Festival that was also an in-person concert that web comics like Puso Ni Comi/PSO2COMI referenced that was ultimately omitted/censored from the Global version.

Edit: Also to add, in the Phantastic 3D Live concert, I find it sad that we don't have those kinds of cloth physics and hair physics yet in New Genesis.

Would be cool. 😺

Hobby Link Japan is actually an American founded online shop that sells a lot of hard to find items, including some of the PSO2 model kits.

https://www.hlj.com/

Too bad finding anything else is a royal pain.

@VanillaLucia said in Real Apparel:

I really wish the Japanese store was a bit more "accessible" and open so that Global audiences can purchase goodies from there as well

It doesn't even need to be sold through Sega Japan. There are at least three western variants of the online Sega Shop (North America, the UK, Europe) that sell iPhone 8 cases with art of Altered Beast, a game whose original release predates most of even Phantasy Star's original series, whose last game at all (an unpopular reboot) predates Universe, and for a model of iPhone that finished dying 18 months ago. Apparently that's worth selling but not one item of PSO2 merchandise is worth selling.

@Miraglyth said in Real Apparel:

@VanillaLucia said in Real Apparel:

I really wish the Japanese store was a bit more "accessible" and open so that Global audiences can purchase goodies from there as well

It doesn't even need to be sold through Sega Japan. There are at least three western variants of the online Sega Shop (North America, the UK, Europe) that sell iPhone 8 cases with art of Altered Beast, a game whose original release predates most of even Phantasy Star's original series, whose last game at all (an unpopular reboot) predates Universe, and for a model of iPhone that finished dying 18 months ago. Apparently that's worth selling but not one item of PSO2 merchandise is worth selling.

SEGA is working with Epic as a platform and Epic is working with Best Buy for Fortnite merch.

I think I said this after PSO2 went to PC, but here it is again.

Why isn't SEGA following Epic's store distribution and dumping their merch onto the same shelves?

Disney and Epic are already on the constant reference level of partnership deals. SEGA goes so fast it's lagging behind a trend.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Real Apparel:

SEGA is working with Epic as a platform

You mean PSO2 being on EGS? That's tenuous. If recent reports are much to go by EGS is about 1% of PC market share when Epic Games don't throw millions at exclusivity like they have with Disney lately.

You mean PSO2 being on EGS? That's tenuous. If recent reports are much to go by EGS is about 1% of PC market share when Epic Games don't throw millions at exclusivity like they have with Disney lately.

I meant literal store shelves. Remember back in the day before people would close stores because of fearmongering?

Yeah, it's not that much of a stretch to stock figures or T-Shirts on the same shelves if Frito and Lay could do it for over 100 years.

It just takes an accountant with enough braincells to notice the profit margin increase it could bring.

You mean PSO2 being on EGS? That's tenuous.

I meant literal store shelves.

Where are Sega and Epic Games collaborating to put things on store shelves? I've not heard of this.

@Miraglyth At least that I interpreted it, they mentioned "Sega working with Epic as a platform" as in bringing Phantasy Star Online 2 to the Epic Games Store and not literally as in putting things on store shelves - but that Epic and Sega likely could if they worked together to.

If so then when I asked "You mean PSO2 being on EGS?" They could've just said "Yes" lol.