Looks like we will need a replacement forums much sooner

They moved up the dead line for shutting down these forums and will be killing them November 24 now:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/15003/farewell-to-the-forums-as-a-discussion-board

I refuse to use their clunky Reddit or disaster Discord, and forums still have a valid use in-spite of being an old format, but if these forums go and there is no viable replacement, then you will only find me on the Steam discussions.

If it comes to it, those of use who want to keep some form of PSO2/NGS forums going, we may need to set up an unofficial one, and I will volunteer to be a moderator for it to keep the trolls and spammers out since they are most likely the cause of these forums getting shut down.

I was a chat moderator in a virtual world and an officer in two different MMORPGS, so I have some experience in keeping things under control.

Not only killing the forums (read-only), but now (well, more of a confirmation, honestly) deleting them completely later:

We also wanted you all to be aware that in the next few months we'll be refreshing the website as well so the forums will be going away altogether.

It comes off very strange to me given this was posted while the still ongoing survey has a question asking if you use the forums.

I actually listed that I use the forums on the survey, the funny thing is the Youtubers I'm subscribed to didn't know the forums existed or thought they were already shut down.

Lol.........cool! I knew it! All the history gone! I am love it! Now this game can move forward properly and effectively! November 24 cannot come fast enough. I am soooo happy!

I want to play Sega game not yours!

Get really the subscription platform is coming!

@LazerRay I actually commented about this on Keroppi's channel last night, when he made a video showing what he answered for the survey. Just as you said, he had thought the forums were shut down a long time ago. Seems like he got false info from somewhere, or just doesn't use forums sadly. And now they are erasing the forums all together. I don't like this at all, especially because I said he should read some of the debates that happened. He probably would have some things to say about some of what was posted on here, given some of the talking points he's had, were discussed on here quite a bit.

Its a shame these forums are not even going to get archived like originally planned, they are just going to be completely wiped out. I have seen an information site related to another game get shutdown, but some dedicated people managed to archive the last known state of that site so its reference material was still accessible even though most of it is outdated.

I kind of loosely mentioned Keroppi in my previous post, and Gemma Taters (formally Anamana!) didn't even know these forums existed, both are on my YouTube subscription list.

Hopefully if any youtuber does a video about these forums, they show how fun and useful they were, while leaving out what all the doomsayers, trolls, and spammers did to turn this into a ghost town now.

Here is the funny thing, other games still maintain active forums yet also have Reddits and Discords and its actually the forums that get more use while being well moderated (you don't see that many trolls and spammers in them).

I was even wondering why would they even pay for the cost of keeping the forum read-only, as well as lead people to a forum that won't be functional anymore. It's supposedly a no brainer they would end up deleting the whole thing.

Anyway good luck for your new forum, whoever wanted to build one. As well as this is my last post. 👍

@Rain-Gnyu said in Looks like we will need a replacement forums much sooner:

All the history gone! I am love it!

Only one type of person wants useful knowledge to be erased.

Or maybe it's just that you think that's an acceptable cost to remove all evidence of your active disruption.

It sucks that they're confirming the deletion of the forum entirely but it's nice they're giving us a heads-up about it happening and also letting us know we probably have at least a month to dig up and save any useful history. We should probably set up a separate topic to organise archiving with that as the dedicated purpose and leave this one for the chat about our thoughts on its removal or potential replacement.

I'll comb through my post history because I've shared a bunch of compiled infodumps here and sometimes only here.

Fiona Respha's Fresh Finds and SG Shop history is definitely worth rescuing too.

Time to screenshot Rain's posts so we can bury him with them when necessary.

@LazerRay said in Looks like we will need a replacement forums much sooner:

They moved up the dead line for shutting down these forums and will be killing them November 24 now:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/15003/farewell-to-the-forums-as-a-discussion-board

I refuse to use their clunky Reddit or disaster Discord, and forums still have a valid use in-spite of being an old format, but if these forums go and there is no viable replacement, then you will only find me on the Steam discussions.

If it comes to it, those of use who want to keep some form of PSO2/NGS forums going, we may need to set up an unofficial one, and I will volunteer to be a moderator for it to keep the trolls and spammers out since they are most likely the cause of these forums getting shut down.

I was a chat moderator in a virtual world and an officer in two different MMORPGS, so I have some experience in keeping things under control.

Why not... you know make an unofficial one yourself? Or take the lead? I just find it weird you talk about it for a tiny bit and then list off 2 things that would make you a good moderator. Like you're waiting for someone else to do it because you aren't confident in yourself.

Honestly only 1 person comes to mind that I could see being a moderator that won't abuse their powers because people will just ban people beause they don't like their opinion "you're a troll".

Fedora man is that one person.

Hmm would be cool if a copy gets saved somewhere. Im also kinda old school so losing forum is a shame.

Would I get banned if I came to the unofficial forums?

Wow it's sad. I think there is still an old PSO2 forum.

why not go there? the only thing that bothers me is that the trolls might follow...

see ya on Steam.

@Miraglyth said in Looks like we will need a replacement forums much sooner:

@Rain-Gnyu said in Looks like we will need a replacement forums much sooner:

All the history gone! I am love it!

Only one type of person wants useful knowledge to be erased.

Or maybe it's just that you think that's an acceptable cost to remove all evidence of your active disruption.

why do you continue of respond to this recognized troll ?

If someone does make new forums, they should link them back here, so we can migrate.

@Ashe-Kinsilla Unfortunately, I don't have the funding to set up a forum, running any type of web site costs money and my budget is extremely tight no thanks to the pandemic ruining my employment, this is also why I'm stuck as an F2P in PSO2/NGS.