There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts

@John-Paul-RAGE Even if content creators made videos, no one would listen. These people have their own playstyles and are dead set on sticking with them.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

@Mattwo7 tried during the chrome dragon UQ, but everyone ignored me.

Kept shouting "KEEP FARMING MPA, DON'T GO TO BOSS!" and they kept on keeping on.

Need to start organizing 12 man MPAs for UQs like that to actually get some worth outta them.

Unless some of our content creators like @AnamanaAU wanna make a video about farming those types of UQs efficiently, which could include tips on boss breaks for better argument drops.

That's the real frustrating thing about the game right now. JP had eight years to basically develop and perfect habits and behavior for things like emergency missions, trains and farming. And people who know how to do that are more than willing to give advice and keep things going.

But new players get really, really angry and defensive about it. "Stick together for PSE Bursts!" And players immediately run away and start triggering every emergency code they can, then die and the MPA winds up spread out and messy. Doing darker nest and get a PSE burst? Don't worry! There will be two guys so focused on rushing through the whole thing that they'll despawn all the enemies in the burst and ensure it's the limpest burst ever, and asking them not to, politely, will just get a "fuk u elitist" back.

Most of the videos and streamers out there right now are offering objectively flawed and bad misinformation that, solely because it doesn't stem from the Japanese version, people eat up and repeat unquestioningly and then propagate and it makes the game more and more frustrating to play. I've yet to have an elder fight where we didn't get close to timing out because no one broke the hands, no one attacked weak points, half the MPA were just bravers (and it is almost always bravers I swear to god) spamming weak attacks against the unbreakable hands guarding his core for 15 minutes while the other four or five of us do the bulk of the work. And any attempt to communicate or explain is met with outright hostility.

Nyau almost never summons other enemies in EMs, because people never break the sword. Most people don't even know breaking exists because they don't read tutorials and somehow manage to ignore the demonstrable tactics of other players breaking body parts like ragne legs, falz hand fingers and banther limbs. The mere suggestion that if you were having a hard time with varder, to break his parts like the missile launchers set an entire community into open frenzy when I made it.

And the defense is always "let new players be new". But part of being new is learning to play the game. When people have no active interest in learning the game, and outright sabotage it for other people, especially those who try to help, it starts to hurt the game leading to situations like in most of the english populated ships in JP, where most people just start running private groups so they can actually do the content because a certain subset of the population, the one that inevitably just stood around the lobby complaining in open english about how elitist everyone was, was always too busy playing against them rather than with them.

New players can be great, they can be fun. But when they start deliberately sabotaging missions and spit on every attempt to help, I lose interest in trying. When you enter an open mission and 11/12 people are grouped up doing one thing, and your instinct is to go "fuck that noise i'm going to wander off and do my own thing" - i just have to wonder why.

@Nuebot said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

Most of the videos and streamers out there right now are offering objectively flawed and bad misinformation that, solely because it doesn't stem from the Japanese version, people eat up and repeat unquestioningly

I've seen one person make "class reviews" on the Japanese version that people for some bizarre reason a minority of people seem to like in spite of the banal presentation and massive amounts of misinformation. Not least of which being the person's claims that they're not class guide videos even though parts of them are presented as such. Even DarkSydePhil Low Tier God thinks they're bad.

Edit: Oh right, eyonex was the uploader's username.

Edit: I meant Low Tier God, not DSP. I'm not really big on the FGC so you'll have to excuse me for mixing them up.