There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts

@Ezodagrom said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

I know that, but players new to the NA version may have not noticed that when Elder does his 3 arms thrust, he uses the unbreakable arm in the middle, so I figured I may as well just list all the pics from the JP wiki.

alt text

Good find. I've just changed the colors and placed it in more detail (not really).

I agree. These past Elder runs are reminding me of b20 back in 2013. Everybody is just using their PAs on the folded arms at all times, not bothering to dodge attacks, or use their best PAs. (I SAW A HUNTER USING JET BOOTS AND WHEN I ASKED WHY THEY WERE DOING THAT, THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T SEE ANY HEALERS AND I WANTED TO SMASH THEIR FACE IN ADFGKLHAFDHKLJ). I really want to bash some sense in these morons.

@Pun well, they can't really know any better if they really are new.

I've gotten tired of the groups where no one tries using moon atomisers or sticking to the group even when communicating to stick with the group.

@Pun said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

I agree. These past Elder runs are reminding me of b20 back in 2013. Everybody is just using their PAs on the folded arms at all times, not bothering to dodge attacks, or use their best PAs. (I SAW A HUNTER USING JET BOOTS AND WHEN I ASKED WHY THEY WERE DOING THAT, THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T SEE ANY HEALERS AND I WANTED TO SMASH THEIR FACE IN ADFGKLHAFDHKLJ). I really want to bash some sense in these morons.

We need to really be nice to new players who are playing this game and are unaware of these bosses. There arent really detailed mechanic videos in this game that's considered liable source for NA players.

If I see a weak bullet target, I will target it if I can reach it. I agree that a tutorial should be made. I also don't bother to dodge as a hunter because we have charge parrying, which we want to be doing to have more damage. (Unless we run out of PP, then we dodge only in those cases until we regain PP)

Keep in mind that the game has been out in NA for all of what... 2 months max? There are still a lot of people learning the game's ACTUAL mechanics.

Ever try to coordinate PUGs to do anything successfully.? Hell I didn't even know you could break his arms. This being my first PS, outside the one on the Sega master console , I still have a lot to learn. I am sure there many in same boat as me. It will get better with time .

@VoxNihilii an important thing to remember!

Most likely there won't be help offered DURING the UQs in terms of advise/what to do, but I am sure newer players could find some good explanations in the lobby during the 15 minute wait time. (At least the populated lobbies)

I am starting to post things on my alliance board that explains mechanics a bit for if I ever started actively recruiting, but I am not sure if I will.

@Rantious said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

Keep in mind that the game has been out in NA for all of what... 2 months max? There are still a lot of people learning the game's ACTUAL mechanics.

It's nice to see people on this forum responding politely to learning new things. Last time I tried to help new players learn mechanics (in this case it was recommending they destroy varder parts if it was giving them a hard time) I received a lot of messages for days calling me an elitist.

Speaking of breakable parts on bosses, does anyone know what Gigur Gunne-gam and Gunne Ginna-gam breakable parts are?

@Fox both feet, the gem on their belly, and the physical horn and then the energy horn.

I think that's it.

@DezDarkly said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

Would love to have a tutorial on breaking parts. Because I didn't even know you could break parts.

same here. i know you could chip away skin, but break parts?

Same with the hands. You can break their faces. I'll wb the face. And when some new player Mark's his butt before the faces I'll yell at them in open chat. Usually they stop after that

I'm sure trying to coordinate PUGs on the NA servers right now is like herding cats lol

@Mattwo7 tried during the chrome dragon UQ, but everyone ignored me.

Kept shouting "KEEP FARMING MPA, DON'T GO TO BOSS!" and they kept on keeping on.

Need to start organizing 12 man MPAs for UQs like that to actually get some worth outta them.

Unless some of our content creators like @AnamanaAU wanna make a video about farming those types of UQs efficiently, which could include tips on boss breaks for better argument drops.