There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts

Cause my lord how many new players just wait on the boss like a mindless drone or as if they are playing ff14. Like just at least try to break the parts to get better drops. I watched 5 people last night wailing on elders mid hands the entire fight while i was marking his arms and just standing there watching them wail away using hunter and braver pa's.

Breakable parts have their own drops separate from the main drops, and other than a few exceptions the drops from breaking parts are nothing special.

@Ezodagrom said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

Breakable parts have their own drops separate from the main drops, and other than a few exceptions the drops from breaking parts are nothing special.

Most my best finds come from breaking parts on all exploration main explorations or uq. The more you break the better your chance at said weapon drops for specific "bosses" rather than wailing as fast as you can to drop it. plus it can make many fights easier.

@Meta77 said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

Most my best finds come from breaking parts on all exploration main explorations or uq. The more you break the better your chance at said weapon drops for specific "bosses" rather than wailing as fast as you can to drop it. plus it can make many fights easier.

No that is genuinely not how it works for the vast majority of enemies in this game. Very few enemies have weapon drops tied to their part breaks, and the ones that do (Elder pain) may very possibly not even be in the game at this point. Like Ezodagrom said, enemy parts have their own separate table that generally has just meseta and units (rare units too if the boss drops those). So the most you're going to get from full breaking Elder is some really bad 10* units.

I want my bad 10* units though. Were on elder. Till we get to loser, double, and so on. Ive been going by visiphone for years to get my drops parts on big bosses.

Would love to have a tutorial on breaking parts. Because I didn't even know you could break parts.

@Meta77 said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

I want my bad 10* units though. Were on elder. Till we get to loser, double, and so on. Ive been going by visiphone for years to get my drops parts on big bosses.

Hmm, when it comes to Elder, back when Elder was new, players used to make and show symbol arts to show where and which arms to break.

For example, in the following images, the 2 red arms are unbreakable, all the others are breakable:

alt text alt text alt text alt text alt text

They explain it in the very first tutorial mission, Granted it doesn’t go super in-depth but they do tell you where to hit the rock Bear at cause the most damage And when you fight the giant bug they tell you to break his legs.

With this info I figured out ok so most of the things you fight will have brake points, I then took the time to find out about the ones that are currently here, I guess I’m just an odd ball seeing that I like to know how to play a game that I’m getting into

I don't break his arms to get drops, I break them to do more damage and end the fight sooner.

If some of these SH runners would contribute instead of xp leeching, it would go much more smoothly, but it will get a little better with time.

Hopefully expert blocks are a thing again before any difficult content drops, else people are gonna be setting up 12 man private runs and its gonna be a nightmare.

@Satsumiga said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

Very few enemies have weapon drops tied to their part breaks, and the ones that do (Elder pain) may very possibly not even be in the game at this point.

Is Nyau not in the NA release yet? Not that anyone in their right mind would try to defeat Nyau without breaking his sword... Or is that even possible?

@Ezodagrom said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

For example, in the following images, the 2 red arms are unbreakable, all the others are breakable:

All of those images show the same two arms in red...

@Mattwo7 yes, it happens a lot right now on NA.

He just leaves and doesn't call for help.

@John-Paul-RAGE Does he drop the camo?

@Mattwo7 don't think he drops anything

@Mattwo7 yes he drops it I got one a few days ago

@Mattwo7 said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

Is Nyau not in the NA release yet? Not that anyone in their right mind would try to defeat Nyau without breaking his sword... Or is that even possible?

It is possible to defeat Nyau without breaking his sword, when that happens he goes away without throwing a tantrum, but it's better/much faster to just break his sword. xD

@Mattwo7 said in There really should be a social team issued tuturial on breaking parts:

All of those images show the same two arms in red...

I know that, but players new to the NA version may have not noticed that when Elder does his 3 arms thrust, he uses the unbreakable arm in the middle, so I figured I may as well just list all the pics from the JP wiki.