Thoughts on Mission Pass "Extended Game Mode" (Level 30+) (Wall of Text w/ TL;DR)

No, not other ways, the same way.

@Mattwo7 said in Thoughts on Mission Pass "Extended Game Mode" (Level 30+) (Wall of Text w/ TL;DR):

No, not other ways, the same way.

@Mattwo7 Hmmm. That would be a really interesting decision. I can't think of any other game that has made Battle Pass content available again, even in another season's battle pass.

How many other games repeat lootboxes?

@Mattwo7 said in Thoughts on Mission Pass "Extended Game Mode" (Level 30+) (Wall of Text w/ TL;DR):

Pretty much any Free to Play MMORPG, and mobile gacha games. (X-Legend (Grand Fantasia, Kitsu Saga, Aura Kingdom, etc.) Developed games as multiple examples.)

@Mattwo7 Plenty? Every single mobile gacha game ever cycles it's lootboxes. Lootboxes and Battle Passes are not the same monetization model. BPs are always, as far as I've seen, time-limited exclusive content that's meant to reward consistent engagement with core gameplay loops.

I just need them to let me earn every cosmetic at least twice, especially the accessories since with two it gets unlocked account wide. I dislike the 31-35 making you choose between several things instead of making it a little longer and letting the player get all the cosmetics a second time.

@SirDoodlesAlot said in Thoughts on Mission Pass "Extended Game Mode" (Level 30+) (Wall of Text w/ TL;DR):

I just need them to let me earn every cosmetic at least twice, especially the accessories since with two it gets unlocked account wide. I dislike the 31-35 making you choose between several things instead of making it a little longer and letting the player get all the cosmetics a second time.

@SirDoodlesAlot Exactly! I also just thought about like, Zamlord, for instance, if I wanted the accessory account wide I would have to take two of the Zamlord outfits, which I can't trade / sell. So really they've forced you to have some obsolescence in each tier right from the rip.