Market Economy Still Escalating

So I've been building up my money since launch, doing unwise expenditures along the way because I took things too casually. And I've been building up to the N-version of the Side Fringe hair, seeing as that was one of my favorites in the base PSO2. And apparently if you're "in the know" there's easy ways to make money, or you pay real money to work the shop and all that to get it, but holy criminy the prices are still worse than ever. People are asking several million meseta for basically everything, some folks are putting prices at tens of millions. The entire Global item shop market economy has effectively become an untenable grounds for those that pay premium to work the equivalent of stock exchanges against eachother and everyone else gets to rot.

We blamed the Xbox Mafia back with Global launch last year because of the mess that happened with cheap Game Passes, but now this is just pure greed and system abuse. Forget even trying to get new players in by December for the content update, not a single thing besides the occasional accessory or unpopular clothing item will even be remotely affordable, and that's not even taking into account that all scratches are temporary so everything after is just price-gouged leftovers as people making more bank in the aftermath. This can't persist, nothing's affordable for anyone anymore unless you're part of the problem.

Less people playing > less stuff on market > higher prices for 2-10 copies of each item, because no one else is buying. Obviously, because people not playing the game.

I just realized that Sega shoot itself in the foot. Twice.

1. They limit player market in the most stupid way possible to FIX IT as they stated, but it's turned out 100% opposite. People left the game.
  2. Because of 1 - market is broken and it scares out new players.

Brilliant moves.

Pretty much above, less players means less scratchers means less items to go around.

The issue we're currently facing is that the uncertain future is pushing even big spenders away, SEGA need to focus on getting more players into the game, which will in turn bring in spenders both big and small, which would help plenty.

There's also the slight issue of player expectations vs reality, 12m hairstyles just aren't going to sell, all you do is create a cycle where only those with large quantities of Meseta can purchase anything, you the seller must also pay 12m for a hairstyle and the cycle will continue without end because nobody wants to appropriately price items.

We can only hope that some of these items come back in later scratches, I've had the Side Fringe Short Hair for almost ten years and I'll be very upset if the N version just ends up a 20m hairstyle on a game where most players are barely scraping 2-3m.

I can afford its current price, but that doesn't mean I should buy it, it's not worth it as a player.

I was just thinking about the same thing while looking at the market.

it's getting worse and worse, now, even the emotes are making 4 or 7 million. up to 10 million for some..

I imagine that in a few months, they will be 30 or 60 mill like in PSO2 classic lmao. if only SEGA had imposed a limit... what will never happen.

With less players the prices will remain high due to the lack of availability, with less Meseta in circulation the prices will eventually go down, but we need more players to help stabilise things and more gameplay elements to waste Meseta on.

As a Premium player myself, I would be all for some form of cap on earnings and gameplay elements that use Meseta such as requiring Meseta to use Ryuker Devices, which in turn would encourage more exploration, other games do this and it works.

t's just not fair for players that cannot afford the ridiculous prices, when something isn't fair then players aren't having fun, if players aren't having fun then they won't play and that doesn't do anyone any favours, including Premium players as we have nobody to sell items to.

PSO2 Classic prices are outrageous even today with Cradle not as common as it used to be, NGS prices are matching the nonsense and SEGA throwing more ways to make Meseta at players isn't exactly helping in all honesty, you need to take Meseta away from players in order to rinse the wealth from players and help stabilise the market, make Meseta valuable in terms of gameplay so that the fashion side of things isn't the primary thing to spend Meseta on.

Director has this backwards mindset that throwing more of something at a problem will fix it, the only way to fix it is to take away the problem and make things more accessible.

I was a bit harsh in the initial post towards Premium players, and I do apologize for that. It's just frustrating that waiting four months for the particular thing I've wanted since the JP markets had it pre-NGS only to get slapped with an impossible wall to surmount in gaining it before it expires from the scratch is enough to kill the game for me in its own right 'til the Winter Update.

@Raikoh said in Market Economy Still Escalating:

It's just frustrating that waiting four months for the particular thing I've wanted since the JP markets had it pre-NGS only to get slapped with an impossible wall

This right here, is exactly the situation you, I and others are all in.

Even as a Premium player, I said to my wife "I bet my hairstyle's not going to release until after everyone's left the game, making it impossible to purchase", nobody, especially not myself wants to risk their money buying AC to scratch at very low rates when there is an uncertain future for PSO2 NGS, so the availability is severely limited and this just hurts everyone, but you can't blame anyone for not wanting to scratch when there's no incentive and the fear of losing it all due to mismanagement sometime down the line.

The only true party at fault here is SEGA on every front, there's no sugar-coating the slow-to-act nature they've taken and their handling of NGS as a whole, Red Container farming in the beginning they let drag on until it was too late and even told players it was okay providing they don't sell the Meseta, this put a massive dent in the overall economy and discouraged players from playing the game because of it, the players have suffered and morale is at its absolute lowest it has ever been, I've been here since 2012 and this is the worst dwarfing the Episode 4-5 and Hero fiasco from PSO2, which was also under the direction of the current NGS director coincidentally.

SEGA were hesitant until a few weeks ago to even address player concerns and the next upcoming event is a copy paste of the previous two, they have chosen not to obliterate the current roadmap and throw something great at us, instead choosing to pretend that everything will get better come Winer.

Nobody's interested in playing until Winter update, so nobody's scratching, even then it's a stretch to say folks are interested because none of us want a copy paste of Aelio where we run around in Retem's broken laboratory ruins until we hit Lv35 and then AFK in the lobby because there's absolutely nothing else to do.

The problem will be solved when SEGA solve it, which won't be until after Winter because that's the choice they've made, and whether it fixes the problem remains to be seen, I'm sorry that you're upset about not getting your favourite hairstyle, I'm in the same boat and I feel exactly as you do, having the right look for your character can really make or break a game for some people and I understand how important it is, the best thing you can do is send a support ticket and voice your concerns, I fully believe these are forwarded to the JP team.

https://support.pso2.com/hc/en-us

Sad faces all around.

@Piazzolla said in Market Economy Still Escalating:

it's getting worse and worse, now, even the emotes are making 4 or 7 million. up to 10 million for some..

I imagine that in a few months, they will be 30 or 60 mill like in PSO2 classic lmao. if only SEGA had imposed a limit... what will never happen.

Funny that you called me a troll but then comment on how the market is getting worse after the release of the 3 day market pass! I told you that Fake free to play player whole thing is to cry on the forums and make Doomsday YouTube videos to manipulate the Sega team into getting something for nothing.

But here you are talking about the market getting worse. I said the 3 day passes are no different than those who were red boxing! No different!

Currently the game have 2 big problems: market and gameplay content.

Market: It's ruined beyond repair and no shop passes will cure it. They literally came too late. Also 1 pass per month locked behind boring grind (the next big problem btw) feels like a spit in the face. Like "You want it? Now you can have it. Now **** off! We need to ruin the market further, don't bother us!". The most hilarious in this situation is how they announced the pass release. With fanfares.

Gameplay content: It's still bad. Farming for hours to get few yellow triggers for 2 minutes run with fixed reward that is not even that great tbh. The game is lacking content. Badly. UQ's is still not scheduled, while Sega claimed it's gonna be a mandatory from the moment of announce. Gigantix is a boring RNG timed farm of RNG loot. Other things have no goal, like why I shoud run around like an idiot farming... I don't even know what I should farm? Capsules? Resources? I just realized one thing, while typing this...

Everything in the game is gated. 1 UQ retry for all 3. Idiotic meseta farm limit per day/week. Crazy expensive costs for upgrades that flush your hard farmed wallet budget in a seconds. Every aspect in this game is frustrating in some way or another. Not FUN. Why I should even think about spending money on the game that annoys me? Especially considering the fact that it opens another floodgate of frustration - gacha RNG. And that can of worms I don't even want to touch.

I'd also wanted to complain about the fucking awful market. God, greedy marketers really ruin the game with the 10 million meseta cost for just one accesory item or a hairstyle, like wtf who is gonna afford those items for this insane amount of meseta?

@Rain-Gnyu said in Market Economy Still Escalating:

Funny that you called me a troll but then comment on how the market is getting worse after the release of the 3 day market pass! I told you that Fake free to play player whole thing is to cry on the forums and make Doomsday YouTube videos to manipulate the Sega team into getting something for nothing.

But here you are talking about the market getting worse. I said the 3 day passes are no different than those who were red boxing! No different!

Go take your pills

@Rain-Gnyu said in Market Economy Still Escalating:

Go take your pills

Stop being a hypocrite........

Stop being a jrk and get a real job

Stop being a jrk and get a real job

I have enough wealth that I don’t have to work anymore....what else you got.

They think one pity shop pass a month can make up for F2Ps having missed out on money making via selling decent drops? No wonder so many of them walked away in the first place. Here's a hint for the genius devs: being surrounded by yes men isn't good. Hearing different opinions lets you make informed decisions about your product and how it will impact players.