Character Slot Issue

I bought an extra two character slots, bringing my total to four. Well, I decided I didn't like the way I made one of my characters, so I deleted it (waited patiently for 24 hours) to start over. You can imagine my frustration when I discovered that the game expected me to shell out YET ANOTHER $5 to recreate a character in a slot I had already purchased. PLEASE tell me this is not the way SEGA is trying to do business here. I bought the character slot, not the character. I should be able to recreate a character within the slots I've purchased as many times as I want! I sincerely hope SEGA's intention isn't rip off customers here by being vague about the description of how buying new character slots actually work so that people have to shell out more and more money. Please tell me I'm wrong...I really don't want to have to quit this game based on principle, but this is bad business practice. I put in a trouble ticket, but aside from an email saying a ticket was established, all I've heard is crickets. I even posted on PSO2's NA Twitter asking for clarification.

As I've said twice in other threads, the character purchase only gives you the right to make a new character, it does not give you the right to own a permanent character slot, which has always been the case on the JP version too.

@coldreactive That's unfortunate. Thanks for clarifying, though. I guess I need to make a decision if this is a game I will continue to support then.

The game should actually lay out all the details in a window before you buy the slot. So, it does warn you.

@ChuckmateGaming said in Character Slot Issue:

@coldreactive That's unfortunate. Thanks for clarifying, though. I guess I need to make a decision if this is a game I will continue to support then.

You can still play the game for free. I have in JP version, without paying a single cent, and I've gotten three Weapons Badges 2020 units solo, with only help from randoms that come into the quests/missions. No need to trade, no need for premium.

Some people, like me, will ultimately support the game when it comes to PC. Don't worry yourself over not being able to help pay for server uptime.

It's not the fact of having to pay. I've already sank over $120 into premium purchases for this game. Plus $300 for an Xbox One X (I bought specifically for this), plus an extra $200 for an SSD to have the best possible load times, etc.

My problem is that (in my opinion) SEGA isn't being very forthcoming with some of these purchases and being vague about the way they operate. Any other game, you spend money on a character slot, you keep the character slot. This game happens to work differently, but I don't recall them saying that if I deleted the character I would be charged again to recreate a new one. I guess the biggest issue isn't that it's "pay for premium services"...it's that it's extremely vague with the specific intent to mislead players so that they end up spending more money than what's necessary to do simple, basic functions.

EDIT: Spelling.

@AnamanaAU said in Character Slot Issue:

The game should actually lay out all the details in a window before you buy the slot. So, it does warn you.

In another thread about this same issue, someone posted an image of what it says when you buy an extra character. I forgot which topic specifically, but it basically says that if you do delete the character, you will have to buy it again. I don't know if it was on the character deletion or on the screen for buying the character.

@Ragnawind This is from the character deletion screen: alt text

I imagine something similar is mentioned when you buy a new Character Creation Permit, but I haven't made enough characters yet to pull the screen up to capture.

Well, there it is. Can't argue with facts, I guess.

So for one account only 3 characters are available for free? That is, there are not 3 slots for characters, but if a player submits 3 characters and removes one, then he only has 2 characters left and you will have to buy the third for real meseta? Or you can create and delete characters for free, even 10 times within three slots?

@Vundar9115 said in Character Slot Issue:

So for one account only 3 characters are available for free? That is, there are not 3 slots for characters, but if a player submits 3 characters and removes one, then he only has 2 characters left and you will have to buy the third for real meseta? Or you can create and delete characters for free, even 10 times within three slots?

You have 3 free slots as a basic feature. Additional characters are just permits to use an additional character. If you have 3 characters, then delete one, wait for it to actually be deleted 24 hours later, and make a new character in the freed slot, you don't have to pay. It is only for every character over 3 on the account that has to be paid.

I don't know if the third slot is unlocked during normal play, but I absolutely had to buy my 3rd slot. I did this right away when the open beta started. Maybe I should have waited?

I don't know if the third slot is unlocked during normal play, but I absolutely had to buy my 3rd slot. I did this right away when the open beta started. Maybe I should have waited?

There is no way you should have ever had to buy the 3rd character. It would have had to be a glitch, since it was 3 characters for free from the start. The only exception would be if you made 3 characters right away, deleted one, and tried to create a third character again before the 24 hours restriction on deleting a character actually deleted it. This number for 3 characters is also universal over all Ships.

I did have to pay for it, glitch or not. You want to call me a liar again?

I did have to pay for it, glitch or not. You want to call me a liar again?

No one called you a liar. It just had to be a glitch. It should tell you from the start that you can have 3 characters, though. If it doesn't, a suggestion can probably be made for that. It probably should be added anyway upon creating your first character if possible to notify people about the limits.