Pet Emote no longer works after today's update

So whatever word got censored in the game after today's update caused the Pet emote to not work anymore. Instead of performing the emote, the chat will send /la @#!@#! in the Area Chat instead.

Try testing it with the emote menu to see if it bugs out there, seems like the word censoring messed up the chat command

@LazerRay That's how I've been using the emote. By using the emote menu.

This is caused by the Profanity Filter, which also happens to break the Change Online Status feature. Both are fixed by removing the Profanity Filter, not that I'm suggesting doing such a thing, just confirming the cause of the bug.

It's up to SEGA to fix.

.... So the Profanity Filter thought a word was a curse word, when in reality it isn't. Welp. Hope they either fix that, or alter the chat command for the emote to work.

i'm assuming they censored it in an attempt to eradicate ERP... in the most OTT way by banning even potentially suggestive words LOL not taking into account that one of those words is actually the command for a lobby action. Sounds exactly like the kinda thing segac would do.

@Nemuri said in Pet Emote no longer works after today's update:

i'm assuming they censored it in an attempt to eradicate ERP... in the most OTT way by banning even potentially suggestive words LOL not taking into account that one of those words is actually the command for a lobby action. Sounds exactly like the kinda thing segac would do.

Yeah. Even using the option in the Perform Emotes menu, from the quick menu, won't even work. Same result since, based on a friend's thought of the thing, the perform emotes option will instantly uses and sends the chat command that the emote uses.

Got some good news and some bad news, the good news Sega is now aware of this bug, the bad news is there is no telling how long it will take to fix it.

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement71786_1

I give it a week till they discover that it's the words they are censoring from chats. JK

Jokes aside, that's good news somewhat.

Actually it is one of the words they are censoring "stroke" which happens to be part of the chat command for the Pet emote

Yeah. Figured that was it in the beginning.