PSE bursts

So, first of all let me say i'm enjoying the game very much, the combat is fantastic, can't wait for more content ! πŸ™‚ But PSE bursts are bothering me. It's a REALLY frustrating mechanic for two reasons :

1. any player can enter your zone and proceed to utterly ruin your pse levels. happens way too often.
  2. i'm not sure if it's a bug, some questionable game design or just me not understanding what the hell is going on but sometimes i'm alone in a zone, and i'm losing pse levels for no reason ? example : pse level 4, only one more to go before the burst and there's a trial thingy that pops, i head towards it and there is literally only marked enemies at the location, so i couldn't kill any non-marked enemy by inadvertence, i kill the marked enemies and.. my pse dropped by two levels, from 4 to 2... da hell ? I then go to the yellow marker zone wipe the enemies there and.. dropped two levels again, pse level 0. it happens very often, especially in yellow zones. pse levels aren't supposed to drop when you only kill enemies in yellow and blue zones right ? it's a bug right ?

I think pse levels shouldn't drop. it's a frustrating mechanic ( which is probably bugged ) Thanks for reading !

Well, i once completed a trial during a strom, so naturally it shouldn't even be possible for the burst not to happen, but it still didn't somehow. Maybe it was a bug or lag, but who the fudge knows. Regardless, the more i try it the more it seems wilfully designed to be a waste of time.

Frustrating? Indubitably, that's why i only do it during a storm and when i need it to complete the weeklies.

@Remik Unfortunately Trial enemies can actually drop PSE levels and lose you the burst. I agree it’s very annoying.

At the least, new people entering a zone should not reduce the PSE level. any scaling change should take effect after the current building PSE has concluded.

@Yggranya oof i didn't know about the storm thing ! although during a storm i'd rather go for the gigantix, only killed 3 so far and the augments are pretty nice πŸ˜„

@TPEidolon yeah.. let's hope they get rid of all those RNG mechanics, it feels outdated, i'm not sure anyone likes RNG in games ( aside freom TCGs and stuff like that ofc )

@ZeeHero9271 well i didn't know about that either.. explains a lot !

thanks for your replies guys ! πŸ™‚ let's hope they get rid of those mechanics, maybe lower chance for ennemies to add a level but remove the chance for them to drop a level entirely. so it takes about the same time but just more consistent.

I wasn't saying thats how it is I was saying thats how it should be.

@ZeeHero9271 yeah no worries mate, i got that πŸ˜› i didn't know people entering your zone could reduce the PSE level.

Well, it's much easier to cause PSE bursts in NGS when it rains and when you have 4/5 levels and when there is an emergency trial that can be done quickly

@Noboru aight good to know ty πŸ˜›

@Remik said in PSE bursts:

@Noboru aight good to know ty πŸ˜›

You're welcome πŸ™‚

I also find it frustrating and sometimes it goes up slowly, it's just annoying.

I still don't understand the system very well, but I was in a game with quite op players who were killing enemies quickly and I had the impression that it went up faster. It was raining too so that must help.

we were able to do several PSE at once.

@Piazzolla yeah apparently rain helps a lot as noboru said a bit higher ! and yeah sometimes it goes crazy fast because it's RNG based, so if you happen to be lucky it can go up pretty fast ! theoretically you could get a PSE burst after killing only 5 mobs i guess, each one raising one level, but that would be some insane luck x'D

@Remik said in PSE bursts:

@Piazzolla yeah apparently rain helps a lot as noboru said a bit higher ! and yeah sometimes it goes crazy fast because it's RNG based, so if you happen to be lucky it can go up pretty fast ! theoretically you could get a PSE burst after killing only 5 mobs i guess, each one raising one level, but that would be some insane luck x'D

lmao it's exactly that, the last time I got several bursts of PSE just by killing some mobs

@Piazzolla I didn't actually think someone would be lucky enough for that x')