AC Scratch Ticket System

I can see right now that I don't like the AC Scratch Ticket system. Paid for 12 Tickets and blew thru all 12 without getting the dlc that I wanted in the Urban Lifestyle. Why can't Sega make it so we can pick the dlc we want? Ridiculous!

You can, but only with the Bonus Reward Tickets that you get for scratching 30, 60, and 120 times.

The way I have always seen it is, you don't play the AC Scratch to get the items you want, you play it to get items to sell to get the meseta to be able to buy the items you want.

Scratch cards are a gambling mechanic. If people got what they wanted first scratch, they wouldn't be tempted to buy more scratch.

My rule is 12 scratch per event. Hold them, sell them later and buy the items I want.

That's lootboxes 101.

Bought only 12 scratches and already complaining about the system? Hoo boy lol...

Only advice i can give is take advantage of the scratch bonus milestones. 30x scratches will give you a ticket that lets you redeem for a choosing from the prize pool pertaining to the banner you scratched. Then there are usual 2 more of those tickets further down the milestone path. It's already quite generous like this compared to alot of other gacha systems.

@Kedlin313 said in AC Scratch Ticket System:

Scratch cards are a gambling mechanic. If people got what they wanted first scratch, they wouldn't be tempted to buy more scratch.

All gacha systems are in effect legalized digital gambling.

@GamerKillance said in AC Scratch Ticket System:

My rule is 12 scratch per event. Hold them, sell them later and buy the items I want.

That's a good one. I only spend AC if I really want something and know I'm getting a good deal. Otherwise I just save meseta and get what I want when costume parts are cheap.

@Fayde said in AC Scratch Ticket System:

Bought only 12 scratches and already complaining about the system? Hoo boy lol...

Only advice i can give is take advantage of the scratch bonus milestones. 30x scratches will give you a ticket that lets you redeem for a choosing from the prize pool pertaining to the banner you scratched. Then there are usual 2 more of those tickets further down the milestone path. It's already quite generous like this compared to alot of other gacha systems.

but for 30x scratches you're spending anywhere between 60-80 dollars, the price of a AAA game and attendant DLC. That not feasible once every two weeks, and certainly not in this system, where you don't even get the 500AC set packs like you do on the JP server, where you can get an entire costume set.

@AndrlCh this is exactly how I do it. So far I havent bought any Scratch Tickets with real money and have gotten everything I wanted since I play the store pretty well and raked up a small fortune. Meseta can get you anything you want if you have enough which is nice.

@GamerKillance said in AC Scratch Ticket System:

This, Buy enough to get the item bonus so you can get the one you want. Sell/trade the ones you don't for others that you do.

Edit: Wrong topic, please delete this.