(before this starts I am just gonna say I suck at grammar so please forgive my writing.) I have played pso2 since the Xbox beta in global and spent more money on PSO2 and NGS then I would like to admit, though to most people I am just a random. I have been talking about a few things with other players in the game and I want to just get my thoughts out there about the current state of the game and share any ideas I have etc. currently I think PSO2 has a few issues and I will go over those though they are my personal opinion and just things I think will help, How Sega or anyone decides to take this is up to them.
- There's a lack of reason for people to play, I'm not talking about content I'm talking incentive so please bear with me.
- Free to play players aren't feeling appreciated and with good reason.
- The current state of the market, this includes free to play players not having access to selling as well as the current inflation issues.
Now I'm not just here to list issues without reason, so now I will just say what I think could be done about it. There's two ways I can think of that are just easier, and solve most of those issues rather then increasing the Meseta we earn every week (though I'm just a player so it might not be perfect.). The first is just to make AC buyable with SG, the opposite is already possible. The second is to combine AC and SG into a single currency. The reason I think this would solve it to some degree is it would give people a reason to grind for SG or whatever the combined currency is, log in everyday etc. the free to play players and all the players in general would be able to grind for SG, then use that SG to buy AC or just have it as the new currency. allowing all players to slowly earn free pulls of whatever scratch they fancy, provided they grind and log in consistently, Giving them incentive to keep playing well also showing appreciation for all the time players spend in PSO2 and NGS collectively, well at the same time making base more relevant for new players. I also think this will solve the market given time because once free to play players can sell on the personal shop, they will be able to sell extra scratch items they earned through grinding SG to buy what they want, making the playing field level out over time for free to play and pay to play players eventually, without much input or need for raising Meseta earned. My final thought on this is I don't think Sega would loose money on either of these solutions in the long run simply because people who feel there game and its company appreciate them tend to spend more money.
Next a separate issue.
- current campaigns. specifically I would like to talk about the buying premium currency ones (AC) and buying premium ones (days of premium) the ones that require you to spend IRL money and the rewards for them.
I would like to start off by saying I don't think these are bad I just I think there's a better way to handle them. For instance the AC ones that are like buy so much AC get a emote, These are meant to encourage you to buy AC during these events and spend your money. PSO2 is a free game so I get that. But personally I think the emotes and stuff should be available to everyone especially cool ones like sonic dash, I would prefer if during these purchase AC events instead of getting emotes and stuff and locking it behind a pay wall, make those available to earn in game. Instead just give us some extra AC for buying it during the event even like 10% extra or something for each tier you buy like the 1st tier being 2000AC at 10% and the 3rd tier being10,000AC for 30% total. players would appreciate it as long as everyone had a shot at the fashion stuff (mostly because I think the main selling point of PSO2 and NGS in general is the fashion, though some might disagree and that's there opinion.). Something similar could be done for buying premium just do something like for every 30 days you buy you get 10 days free or something that's fair to the buyer then the 90 days one you get a extra month free, sounds like good incentive to me.
Next these last 3 are just personal gripes of mine so if you have no issue with them then feel free to ignore it.
- Please separate the UI menu sounds from the environment sounds. I can't turn it up enough to hear the rain and thunder without the UI sounds nearly blowing out my speakers (small exaggeration.).
- Please add the ability to toggle my clothing options from my customization menu (by that I mean like toggling off the skirt from the Alieo Nager [BA] outside the salon.)
- last one which is more of a wish then a gripe. please make the town in the desert like a Las Vegas run by Lilipans. I think it would be a cool hangout well we wait for personal quarters to return, and help give people somewhere to gather and relax in game instead of standing around.
That's it really, I don't feel like covering other topics honestly as everyone already has covered them plenty, content, etc. I really enjoyed PSO2 and I like the combat of NGS but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there, maybe they will be heard maybe not, either way I wanted to at least try. and if you disagree with anything I said or can think of a better solution then feel free I just wanted to offer my 2 cents. Thank you very much, to anyone who stuck around to read my badly written ramblings, here's hoping things start to improve for NGS soon.