A Randoms thoughts on the current problems in pso2 & ngs

(before this starts I am just gonna say I suck at grammar so please forgive my writing.) I have played pso2 since the Xbox beta in global and spent more money on PSO2 and NGS then I would like to admit, though to most people I am just a random. I have been talking about a few things with other players in the game and I want to just get my thoughts out there about the current state of the game and share any ideas I have etc. currently I think PSO2 has a few issues and I will go over those though they are my personal opinion and just things I think will help, How Sega or anyone decides to take this is up to them.

1. There's a lack of reason for people to play, I'm not talking about content I'm talking incentive so please bear with me.
  2. Free to play players aren't feeling appreciated and with good reason.
  3. The current state of the market, this includes free to play players not having access to selling as well as the current inflation issues.

Now I'm not just here to list issues without reason, so now I will just say what I think could be done about it. There's two ways I can think of that are just easier, and solve most of those issues rather then increasing the Meseta we earn every week (though I'm just a player so it might not be perfect.). The first is just to make AC buyable with SG, the opposite is already possible. The second is to combine AC and SG into a single currency. The reason I think this would solve it to some degree is it would give people a reason to grind for SG or whatever the combined currency is, log in everyday etc. the free to play players and all the players in general would be able to grind for SG, then use that SG to buy AC or just have it as the new currency. allowing all players to slowly earn free pulls of whatever scratch they fancy, provided they grind and log in consistently, Giving them incentive to keep playing well also showing appreciation for all the time players spend in PSO2 and NGS collectively, well at the same time making base more relevant for new players. I also think this will solve the market given time because once free to play players can sell on the personal shop, they will be able to sell extra scratch items they earned through grinding SG to buy what they want, making the playing field level out over time for free to play and pay to play players eventually, without much input or need for raising Meseta earned. My final thought on this is I don't think Sega would loose money on either of these solutions in the long run simply because people who feel there game and its company appreciate them tend to spend more money.

Next a separate issue.

1. current campaigns. specifically I would like to talk about the buying premium currency ones (AC) and buying premium ones (days of premium) the ones that require you to spend IRL money and the rewards for them.

I would like to start off by saying I don't think these are bad I just I think there's a better way to handle them. For instance the AC ones that are like buy so much AC get a emote, These are meant to encourage you to buy AC during these events and spend your money. PSO2 is a free game so I get that. But personally I think the emotes and stuff should be available to everyone especially cool ones like sonic dash, I would prefer if during these purchase AC events instead of getting emotes and stuff and locking it behind a pay wall, make those available to earn in game. Instead just give us some extra AC for buying it during the event even like 10% extra or something for each tier you buy like the 1st tier being 2000AC at 10% and the 3rd tier being10,000AC for 30% total. players would appreciate it as long as everyone had a shot at the fashion stuff (mostly because I think the main selling point of PSO2 and NGS in general is the fashion, though some might disagree and that's there opinion.). Something similar could be done for buying premium just do something like for every 30 days you buy you get 10 days free or something that's fair to the buyer then the 90 days one you get a extra month free, sounds like good incentive to me.

Next these last 3 are just personal gripes of mine so if you have no issue with them then feel free to ignore it.

1. Please separate the UI menu sounds from the environment sounds. I can't turn it up enough to hear the rain and thunder without the UI sounds nearly blowing out my speakers (small exaggeration.).
  2. Please add the ability to toggle my clothing options from my customization menu (by that I mean like toggling off the skirt from the Alieo Nager [BA] outside the salon.)
  3. last one which is more of a wish then a gripe. please make the town in the desert like a Las Vegas run by Lilipans. I think it would be a cool hangout well we wait for personal quarters to return, and help give people somewhere to gather and relax in game instead of standing around.

That's it really, I don't feel like covering other topics honestly as everyone already has covered them plenty, content, etc. I really enjoyed PSO2 and I like the combat of NGS but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there, maybe they will be heard maybe not, either way I wanted to at least try. and if you disagree with anything I said or can think of a better solution then feel free I just wanted to offer my 2 cents. Thank you very much, to anyone who stuck around to read my badly written ramblings, here's hoping things start to improve for NGS soon.

@Brutal-Delirium said in A Randoms thoughts on the current problems in pso2 & ngs:

1. Please separate the UI menu sounds from the environment sounds. I can't turn it up enough to hear the rain and thunder without the UI sounds nearly blowing out my speakers (small exaggeration.).

Off topic but just trying to help if this is about getting notified on gigantics (in which you can also use for PSE ... or maybe waiting for thunder for SS ...); you can use the auto chat of the trial start and put command to trigger a symbol art that has sound or voice or whatever, to your party chat for example. It will trigger as long as you are in the open fields, assuming the field is old enough to spawn one.

@mychii

Thanks for letting me know, but its not about the notifications. its more about the fact I like to hear the world around me in games, when rain, thunder, wind, and everything is completely silent, It doesn't feel very immersive or very realistic (especially the thunder). And unfortunately the only way to fix this currently is to crank up the UI sounds to ridiculous levels, which causes whenever you open a menu or move over a option in your menu's to be really loud. Currently there's no middle ground I can find, its ether have the menus at a ok level and rain and thunder etc. is almost completely muted, or hear the rain and thunder and have the UI sounds really loud. Weirdly enough this is not so bad on Xbox as it is on PC, but if you are on PC you can test it yourself. Other games separate these two sounds into environment and UI, its a good quality of life feature I guess, and one I wish I had in pso2. I personally love the sound of rain and thunder, but I don't want to get blasted by my UI sounds every time I open a menu just to hear it.

Anyway thank you for taking the time to respond and trying to be helpful.

Sounds like a good input.

@Brutal-Delirium said in A Randoms thoughts on the current problems in pso2 & ngs:

Free to play players aren't feeling appreciated and with good reason.

The most tragic part about this is that when i first started playing (around EP2 on JP) I was amazed at this game's monetization model. it was the fairest F2P game i ever seen and this fact alone made me feel so welcomed in the game and less bothered by the fact you couldnt trade 10~12* weapons as a F2P user.

The first is just to make AC buyable with SG, the opposite is already possible. The second is to combine AC and SG into a single currency.

This won't work. SG was introduced specifically as a Freemium currency that is farmable but doesn't impact the market. Being able to farm AC Scratches only means that Premium players get more money from cheating the system while F2P players get nothing (unless they're lucky).

@Cathy

I don't really get why you think it won't work, as you didn't actually give a example of why you think that, let me go over your points really quick.

1. SG was introduced specifically as a Freemium currency that is farmable but doesn't impact the market. --- We are talking about making things better for F2P players not SG's intended purpose, there's no reason it can't change its purpose if it can better benefit the community.
  2. Premium players get more money from cheating the system.--- That is already happening, and unless they grinded out the entire base game for titles on a brand new account, which would take a lot more work and time then red box farming, giving Sega more time to catch them. I don't see how that shows my idea won't work. My idea is to give F2P(and P2P) players a chance to earn more Meseta by playing the game through SG farming, Saving it for scratches to either use or sell on the market.
  3. Being able to farm AC Scratches only means that Premium players get more money. --- Seeing as F2P players have the same amount of chances to get SG from the base game as P2P currently does, I still don't see how it gives them a advantage. If you are talking about how P2P players spend money to get AC to buy scratches, then they already do that in the current game so I don't see how it would make things worse for F2P players or make my suggestion not work.
  4. F2P players get nothing (unless they're lucky). --- That's the current issue we are facing. F2P players have 0% chance to get a good pay day right now. At least if players could farm AC they could pull scratches and have a chance to have a good pay off. as I see it a 1% chance at a big pay off is better then the current 0% chance.

I apologize for chopping up your sentence's but I couldn't see another way to do it. I wanted to address your points one by one. So I am gonna just sum it up really quick. (I'm gonna skip over your explanation of what SG is currently for, because we are talking about how to improve things for F2P players not what SG's intended purpose was.)

Currently in PSO2 and NGS all players regardless of spending money earn the same amount of SG "in game" regardless of if they spend money or not, this means there's no advantage to one type of player F2P or P2P when it comes to earning SG "in game", Other then P2P players spending real money to get additional SG or AC. (which they already do.) So there wouldn't be any advantage introduced that currently doesn't exist as a problem today. If we are talking about potential exploits once again red box farming is a lot quicker to exploit, and this would take a lot more effort and time meaning more time to be caught. as for the last part I think anyone would take a 1% chance to win over a 0% chance, because 0% means you can't ever win. (though that's not the actual chance as there's a lot more then one item in a scratch that's worth a lot of Meseta.)

I apologize for rambling again, but I wanted to make sure to address everything you said. as for the first part I have no clue how it was in the beginning for JP, but I hope the game can return to something similar soon. I'm not saying my idea is perfect, someone probably has better ideas then me. anyway Thanks for taking the time to respond.

@Brutal-Delirium the problem you fail to realize is that Premium players will get more scratches they can sell while F2P players keep getting items they dont want from scratches and cant resell (unless they are lucky), a system like that wouldnt benefit F2P players at all and would only introduce potential abuse by people searching for ways to cheat the system. If SG items were tradeable for example (be it by SG Scratch or the now defunct Fresh Finds) people would absolutely farm SG on alt accounts just to get these items from those relatively easy to get titles just to turn a profit. It's the same reason why the daily free scratch is limited to SG and not AC.

I dont see how the current system is luck depended at all. The market being screwed has nothing to do with luck. Had N-Meseta never inflated due to exploits then everything would be still very much in a affordable price range and it still was for the first 2-3 weeks of this NGS's life.

I don't have an answer in terms of what SEGA should do because i agree with you that being a F2P player feels awful rn. But i do know that loosening the balance between AC & SG content is not gonna better anything for the community.

SG costs way more than AC, and it is near impossible to get enough SG through the game.

No matter how you look at it, SG should have its cost reduced, or become more farmable. I had 8,000 from:

• a massive SG fashion stock (they are now 5-8m each in base pso2, and NGS totally nixed them)
  • months of pvp (it's even deader now than it was back then, which was dead as a doornail to begin with because it awful, slow, and unrewarding
  • base max class (100) event (1500 sg total)

You could say that we no longer have fresh finds, but it will probably be back ... and the scam storage stuffs are all SG based... lmao

no one in their right mind buys the sg storage stuff, it should be part of the $13 sub

@Cathy

Gonna go over your points again, because you seem to think I am not thinking this through, well you keep going over the things I have already answered.

1. Premium players will get more scratches they can sell./ Being able to farm AC Scratches only means that Premium players get more money. ---- Yes, P2P players will get the same amount as the F2P players + what they buy with real money. F2P players and P2P earn the same amount of SG "in game" regardless of which they are. Currently F2P players get no money from the AC scratch at all, I 100% fail to see how giving F2P players access to the items they are currently spending weeks grinding Meseta for and making it easier for them is a bad thing.
  2. F2P players keep getting items they dont want from scratches./ F2P players get nothing (unless they're lucky). ---- Are you saying that being a F2P player somehow gives you worse odds when rolling a scratch then P2P? Because it doesn't. A 1% chance stays a 1% chance whether you are F2P or P2P. Second point is your use of the word "keep", the issue is F2P players never get to roll a AC scratch so it doesn't apply here. Unless you are implying F2P some how has worse odds of pulling stuff from the SG scratch then a P2P? Which again is false. Because a 1% chance remains a 1% chance. The only difference is if a P2P player spends real money, but that doesn't mean there that they have a higher chance for a individual roll or item, Its still 1%, they can just do more pulls. (which they already do).
  3. F2P players cant resell. ---- Yes I already went over this in my original post, I specifically said "when" they can sell.
  4. System like this would only introduce potential abuse by people searching for ways to cheat the system. If SG items were tradeable for example (be it by SG Scratch or the now defunct Fresh Finds) people would absolutely farm SG on alt accounts just to get these items from those relatively easy to get titles just to turn a profit. It's the same reason why the daily free scratch is limited to SG and not AC./ Premium players get more money from cheating the system. ---- That is already happening, and unless they grinded out the entire base game for titles on a brand new account, which would take a lot more work and time then red box farming, giving Sega more time to catch them. I don't see how that shows my idea won't work. My idea is to give F2P(and P2P) players a chance to earn more Meseta by playing the game through SG farming, Saving it for scratches to either use or sell on the market.
  5. I dont see how the current system is luck depended at all. ----- Really? scratches are luck based. RNG is a random number generator, and is how the game decides what if anything drops when we kill something in game. know how to get better drops or pull something good from a scratch? Its luck. so yes the market is luck based (because you can only sell what you pull from scratches or drops from enemies.) and it will always be. As for why I brought up luck, I never actually said the current system is luck based, so I have no idea where you got that. What I said (which I will now clarify.) was that currently F2P players have a 0% chance to pull a AC scratch ever, and a chance to pull something good from a AC scratch and be able to sell it for Meseta even if its a 1% chance is still better then the current 0%.
  6. Loosening the balance between AC & SG content is not gonna better anything for the community./ This won't work. ---- It would help F2P participate in fashion and help alleviate the prices on the market. Because F2P players (as well as P2P) would have a chance to get the AC items from scratches (just by playing the game). Meaning 2 things. One. They too could sell them if they chose(On the personal shop), giving them money to get other things and helping them be able to better handle the currently inflated prices. Two. It would allow them to sometimes acquire things that they want from the AC scratches, meaning they wouldn't have to buy it from the currently inflated market. This would help them not have to grind for Literal weeks just to afford one high end item. (including AC fashion items or Fixa weapons/ units). Plus more items in the market would help lower the prices simply because there are more of them available. When there is more of a item to sell people undercut the prices so theirs can sell faster, (most players tend to do this) more items available to more players means more people with those items will undercut the higher prices helping lowering the markets prices.

I'm not failing to realize your point, I keep pointing out the flaws with your arguments. you just keep restating them. I fully understanding what you are saying, (otherwise I wouldn't of noticed you saying the same thing in a different way 2 times.) but my answers to your statements won't change just because you reword them. I put your original statements after your new ones so you can see they are just the same thing reworded.

Thanks for taking the time to respond again, I hope you have a good day/night.

@dalamar

I agree with the idea that storage expansions should just be added to premium's benefits (not saying take away the ability to buy them with SG), would love material storage to be free with premium, would make buying premium a lot more useful. Yes SG costs a lot more then AC, but you can buy SG with left over AC. Though its exchange rate is really awful 100AC for 20SG.

Nice work on getting all the classes at max! I did the same on my main character, had every class at level 100 before that event ended, so I got all the SG as well, it was a nice boost.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I hope have a nice day/night.

Yes, P2P players will get the same amount as the F2P players + what they buy with real money. F2P players and P2P earn the same amount of SG "in game" regardless of which they are. Currently F2P players get no money from the AC scratch at all, I 100% fail to see how giving F2P players access to the items they are currently spending weeks grinding Meseta for and making it easier for them is a bad thing.

The problem with that aspect specifically is that you're basically reducing demand on the market by letting everyone participate in AC scratches. By reducing demand the supply increases and eventually it can spill to there being more supply than demand. and yes, this will reduce prices but it'll also make stuff harder to sell, eventually whales will stop spending because it's not worth it. The market needs high demand and low supply.

Are you saying that being a F2P player somehow gives you worse odds when rolling a scratch then P2P? Because it doesn't. A 1% chance stays a 1% chance whether you are F2P or P2P. Second point is your use of the word "keep", the issue is F2P players never get to roll a AC scratch so it doesn't apply here. Unless you are implying F2P some how has worse odds of pulling stuff from the SG scratch then a P2P? Which again is false. Because a 1% chance remains a 1% chance. The only difference is if a P2P player spends real money, but that doesn't mean there that they have a higher chance for a individual roll or item, Its still 1%, they can just do more pulls. (which they already do).

What I'm referring to is the gatcha giving you mostly trash and rarely what you want by design and whales having access to stuff like Prize claim tickets (or whatever they're called) far easier so they can get what they want anyway. This and most Chase items in the gatcha are usually those that feature the lowest obtain rate. Similarly Sega would need to give out AC like candy because good luck grinding a scratch in 2~4 week windows when 3000 AC is the minimum requirement for a prize claim ticket, assuming F2P players would be able to get those. if we go by the conversion rate that 20SG = 100AC, that would require 600SG to get 1 prize claim ticket and this comes on top of needing AC for Premium, Character storage, Inventory Upgrades, etc and assuming 1 claim ticket is enough to get all you want.

Gatcha mobile games get away with this simply because there is no player market and i'd be fully on board with your proposition if NGS had no player market either. Whenever or not this would be a good thing in the long run i cant tell you. Personally i'd prefer if the SG ticket didn't punish you for participating in it. SG tickets & Shop are already the reward structure you want added in the game but the problem with NGS's SG ticket is that it just sucks. getting dupes or wrong gender outfits in PSO2 sucked but it could still be used for something useful. a cool looking Music player with a unique feature for PQ? A Auxiliary platform that displays them in full size and allows you to pose with them for SS? Badges used for Camos of legendary Story weapons? NGS SG-Badges are used for what? Seasonal Point buffs?

That is already happening, and unless they grinded out the entire base game for titles on a brand new account, which would take a lot more work and time then red box farming, giving Sega more time to catch them. I don't see how that shows my idea won't work. My idea is to give F2P(and P2P) players a chance to earn more Meseta by playing the game through SG farming, Saving it for scratches to either use or sell on the market.

"It's already an issue" isn't a compelling Argument for why you should ignore the problem and add to it.

What I said (which I will now clarify.) was that currently F2P players have a 0% chance to pull a AC scratch ever, and a chance to pull something good from a AC scratch and be able to sell it for Meseta even if its a 1% chance is still better then the current 0%.

I get what you are saying but with the changes you're proposing i don't see this system working out with how the game functions currently. It would require a complete overhaul of the game's monetization system which i wouldn't be strictly against but forgive me for being cynical about it seeing as what i once regarded as one of the fairest F2P gatcha based games became as predatory as it currently is.

Back when I started playing F2P players couldn't trade 10*+ rarity weapons but scratches had no "Scratch count bonus" with unique items that are untradeable. There was no SG let alone SG scratch. No Layered wear that would be consumed upon use, making it untradeable/no longer re-sellable by design. For every Good change to the game's monetization they add at least 2 bad ones because they wanna increase their profits, as a successful company does.

Loosening the balance between AC & SG content is not gonna better anything for the community./ This won't work. ---- It would help F2P participate in fashion and help alleviate the prices on the market. Because F2P players (as well as P2P) would have a chance to get the AC items from scratches (just by playing the game). Meaning 2 things. One. They too could sell them if they chose(On the personal shop), giving them money to get other things and helping them be able to better handle the currently inflated prices. Two. It would allow them to sometimes acquire things that they want from the AC scratches, meaning they wouldn't have to buy it from the currently inflated market. This would help them not have to grind for Literal weeks just to afford one high end item. (including AC fashion items or Fixa weapons/ units). Plus more items in the market would help lower the prices simply because there are more of them available. When there is more of a item to sell people undercut the prices so theirs can sell faster, (most players tend to do this) more items available to more players means more people with those items will undercut the higher prices helping lowering the markets prices.

Or the demand for these items will be so low that the current rich fatcats will just buy off everything desireable on the market until the scratch ends and sell it for inflated prices to those who cant participate in the gatcha anymore. while the bleeding redboxing wound was mostly closed, we still have to deal with people who got filthy rich off of it and scalpers who do nothing but play the stock market market all day.

@Cathy said in A Randoms thoughts on the current problems in pso2 & ngs:

The problem with that aspect specifically is that you're basically reducing demand on the market by letting everyone participate in AC scratches. By reducing demand the supply increases and eventually it can spill to there being more supply than demand. and yes, this will reduce prices but it'll also make stuff harder to sell, eventually whales will stop spending because it's not worth it. The market needs high demand and low supply.

The problem with your theory is that well it "can" spill over till there's no demand, this would be easily controlled by the amount of SG/AC you could earn "in game" per day. with the amount of sg you can currently farm on a account per day without titles (which are one time only) is not enough to cause what you are talking about, because quite simply put, not every F2P player would be able to pull every scratch.

What I'm referring to is the gatcha giving you mostly trash and rarely what you want by design and whales having access to stuff like Prize claim tickets (or whatever they're called) far easier so they can get what they want anyway. This and most Chase items in the gatcha are usually those that feature the lowest obtain rate. Similarly Sega would need to give out AC like candy because good luck grinding a scratch in 2~4 week windows when 3000 AC is the minimum requirement for a prize claim ticket, assuming F2P players would be able to get those. if we go by the conversion rate that 20SG = 100AC, that would require 600SG to get 1 prize claim ticket and this comes on top of needing AC for Premium, Character storage, Inventory Upgrades, etc and assuming 1 claim ticket is enough to get all you want.

I just said this above but no Sega would not Have to give out AC/SG like crazy. the idea was to give players a reason to play, grind, and log in daily, "Not" to make it so F2P players (and P2P) can pull every scratch that releases (just a few) without paying.

"It's already an issue" isn't a compelling Argument for why you should ignore the problem and add to it.

My point was "not" that we should ignore it, I was pointing out to you how this method is less exploitable and would be a lot easier to catch. (if you need a explanation of how go back and reread my last 2 responses because I have explained it 2 times.)

I get what you are saying but with the changes you're proposing i don't see this system working out with how the game functions currently. It would require a complete overhaul of the game's monetization system which i wouldn't be strictly against but forgive me for being cynical about it seeing as what i once regarded as one of the fairest F2P gatcha based games became as predatory as it currently is.

My whole point of this is the current system is not working, as you said. Why stick with a system that we all know is not working? Well dismissing new ones before we even tried them, just because it "might" not work. (as in, you even said your not eve sure.)

Whenever or not this would be a good thing in the long run I cant tell you.

We are talking hypothetical's and as I said the amount of AC tickets a F2P player could pull would be easy to control, to prevent the flooding of the market. (At least more then injecting more Meseta into our weekly rewards which only inflates the prices further.) simply by increasing or decreasing the amount of SG/AC you could earn a day/week or by putting a hard cap (per week/day) on it like they do with in other games.

For every Good change to the game's monetization they add at least 2 bad ones because they wanna increase their profits, as a successful company does.

Sure but more players = more money (because with floods of new players well some would be F2P, some would also be P2P.) if you keep your fan base happy and show you appreciate them you will keep and gain more paying customers. (like the saying you can catch more fly's with honey then vinegar.)

Or the demand for these items will be so low that the current rich fatcats will just buy off everything desireable on the market until the scratch ends and sell it for inflated prices to those who cant participate in the gatcha anymore. while the bleeding redboxing wound was mostly closed, we still have to deal with people who got filthy rich off of it and scalpers who do nothing but play the stock market market all day.

This is a easily fixable and a lot more controllable then the current system. Because all Sega would need to do to prevent this is adjust the amount of SG/AC that can be earned a day/week, which would hard cap the amount of Tickets a person can pull a month. Of course players could just hoard it till a good scratch, but that would mean they don't pull any scratches till they decide to, so the market wouldn't have the issue you are talking about, As long as Sega regulated the amount of AC/SG players could earn a week.

I think you are looking for a solution that immediately solves the issue, but one like that doesn't exist. Because you would need to somehow remove the Meseta those "Fat Cats" currently have. The only solution's (without hurting the player base further.) are ones that solve it over time by allowing the market to stabilize on its own. (That's the problem with player driven markets.) "If" the current "Fat Cats" did do what you say (buy out all the "lower" priced items.) they would eventually run out of Meseta. And it would give the F2P players who they bought from Meseta to buy what they want which would work towards solving the issue of them having a very bad shortage of it currently.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond, I hope you have a great day/night.

@dalamar said in A Randoms thoughts on the current problems in pso2 & ngs:

SG costs way more than AC, and it is near impossible to get enough SG through the game.

No matter how you look at it, SG should have its cost reduced, or become more farmable. I had 8,000 from:

• a massive SG fashion stock (they are now 5-8m each in base pso2, and NGS totally nixed them)
  • months of pvp (it's even deader now than it was back then, which was dead as a doornail to begin with because it awful, slow, and unrewarding
  • base max class (100) event (1500 sg total)

You could say that we no longer have fresh finds, but it will probably be back ... and the scam storage stuffs are all SG based... lmao

no one in their right mind buys the sg storage stuff, it should be part of the $13 sub

Storage is the only stuff I do buy with SG. Material storage is not something I can go without.