400% Rare - Not working at all?

@Andross AQ drops are highly dependent on your party performance, since enemies don't respawn, getting PSE Burst over and over can multiply your drops, boosters or not.

@landman I completely understand that. The issue I am still having even with PSE bursts, is that we clear constant waves (10 minutes or more most times) and still get absolutely nothing. I understand the rarities on all items will not be 10*-13* but in all seriousness, I've got a continuous stream of 3*-6* coming in. That to me does not seem right. I can use a 50-250% booster and get way better loot overall. It's sad.

And I am not the only one saying this.

Rare items will still be rare, a more reliable way to see if they work is common items drops, like capsules, and make sure you grab them all before they disappear (there is a limit of items spawned). AQ also rise enemy levels if you complete them over and over, so it's tricky to test this in AQ, Extreme Quests have fixed spawns (unless you get rare spawns) and lvls, but maybe you are not interested in the drops there, but that would be a better place to test drop rates (and again, common items drops are more reliable for testing, like grinders).

Experiencing similar result with the 300% SG rare boost.

About to take a brand new Collection Order to test the percentage, record the gain (only fighting boss and same clear time) on an expedition. Will repeat when the boost has ended and record the results.

@John-Paul-RAGE thank you for going above and beyond for this information

So far:

250% rare booster, 50% daily triboosts, 50% premium triboost Super Hard (Forest exp) Collection order progress:

B Rank (killed three enemies + boss) - 12.87% increase.

300% rare booster, 50% daily triboosts, 50% premium triboost Super Hard (Forest exp) Collection order progress:

B Rank (killed three enemies + boss) - 14.3% increase.

@John-Paul-RAGE I'd like to say thank you too for experimenting with these items.

So taking base 100% into account, the 250% booster case is,

12.87% / (100% (base) + 250% (booster) + 50% (daily) + 50% (premium)) = 2.86%

The 300% booster case is,

14.3% / (100% (base) + 300% (booster) + 50% (daily) + 50% (premium)) = 2.86%

So it seems that 2.86% is the base gauge increment without any rarity boost. At least seeing from the gauge increment, the figures look correct.

But the actual drop performance doesn't match this expected value, I suppose? I'm feeling only the devs can solve this mystery...

@Fiona-Respha I will do the 400% booster in just a bit before maintenance begins, gotta recharge some AC.

I am wondering if the "increase" of higher tier chances subtracts from the normal rare items? Would be kinda strange if that were the case, though. They are all "rare" items.

@John-Paul-RAGE Yes, it looks like as if higher rarity drops "ate" lower rarity items.

I know little about the drop item selection procedure of this game, but for me, it's hard to think they made some change on the very process of rare drop selection.

Rather, the problem might be in the drop tables. We know they've made quite a few tweaks on the drops of NA server. Should they make some inconsistent data, there might be some weird bugs. Well, that's just a noob guess 😄

@Fiona-Respha it is feasible. The 12 star state is super high (in context to the past in JP) thanks to the Sigma drops, so maybe compounding rare drop rates causes an issue with 7-10* drops?

As soon as my 300% rare drop expired during the Wopal UQ earlier, I suddenly started getting a TON of 10* drops all over the place, so even though it is hypothetical conjecture, it feels very possible.

just throwing this out there,but sometimes i "hack" games for lots of money or what have you and some games when you reach a certain number reset to zero and start over, maybe that whats happening here the rate drop is resetting cause they tweaked something

@TRAVISTYxxx said in 400% Rare - Not working at all?:

just throwing this out there,but sometimes i "hack" games for lots of money or what have you and some games when you reach a certain number reset to zero and start over, maybe that whats happening here the rate drop is resetting cause they tweaked something

This actually makes some sense. back in the original Civ games Ghandi had a gltich where out of nowhere he would go from peaceful to full on nuke everyone mode. Ghandi's aggression was 1, when a player adopted democracy in Civilization, their aggression would be automatically reduced by 2. Code being code, if Gandhi went democratic his aggression wouldn’t go to -1, it looped back around to the ludicrously high figure of 255! Now lets look at the rare drop 250% works perfectly as we know but anything higher breaks and we get nothing! my guess is its accidentally rolling over from 400% or 300% to 1%

@BigBlack626 this definitely sounds like the case, when using the 400 I stoped getting photon boosters but as soon as it wore off I started getting them again

@SaviorZero82 I was assuming that was the case. It was weird because I was actually getting a lot more capsules/boosters when I wasn't running a bunch of rare drop rate effects. This is crazy and broken.

I don't think the threshold would be so low as 255 (a single octet) for breaking. Just for having premium, dailies caught up, and being in a party of 4 your rare drop rate is gonna be at 140%.