400% Rare - Not working at all?

Hey there,

I don't know if its a bug or not, but I truly think something is wrong. I understand the game is based off of RNG, but the last few days with running only 250% Rares, I get some great stuff throughout the days (including multiple 13* weapon drops). This morning I saw I was able to do the Cradle EQ and so I used the 400% Rare I had bought with AC. I played with it throughout the day doing SHAQs and EQs (including the Dark Falz we just did multiple times) and still have yet to get even a 10*. I know 10*s aren't all that rare, but it would have been better than all the blue weapons and purple armor I got all day.

Edit: I had it this morning until maintenance and when I came back from maintenance, I still had about 111 minutes left on it.

@I-did-camp said in 400% Rare - Not working at all?:

Edit: I had it this morning until maintenance and when I came back from maintenance, I still had about 111 minutes left on it.

Boost timers don't tick down unless the mission/quest has started.

It's known that some quests/missions have fixed rare drop rates no matter what. (Gold/Silver Bonus Missions as an example.) (Source: Me using 350% total rare drop rate on Tokyo Silver/Gold quests in the JP version.)

I had a 400% on for the last hour and I did the UQ on SH and did the forest Adv on SH and I have only gotten 1 10* and 1 13* and over 100 photon boosters, I also had a triboost 125 as well as my premium bonus the rng really sucked

If the drop rate of an item is: 0,01 If your boost is 400% Multiply 0,01 by 4 and you get....... 0,04.

That's just an example.

@landman That's true. But 400% having significantly worse performance than 250% is something worrying. Also there was another post reporting quite a similar problem...

@Fiona-Respha I got done with the last UQ on very hard with just a tri boost and premium and I got 7 10* that’s a big difference from before

@Fiona-Respha exactly. After my 400% expired last night, I went back played the same missions I was doing all day. Ran over a dozen SHAQ and SHUQ and nothing came from it, yet right after I can run those same missions with a 250 and got a 13* and tripled my photon boosters/capsules easily.

That's what I am talking about.

@SaviorZero82 yeah I literally got nothing using the entire 360 minutes on the booster. My capsule intake didn't change, nor did my photon booster and those are just normal things I pick up when playing SHAQ. It felt like it was actually worse playing with a 400% than it is with a 250%.

Yeah, I made a post a few days back and submitted a ticket.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/1380/potential-bug-with-400-rare-boost-in-ac-shop

Same as you, my concern wasn't too much the super rare drops, but the lack of 10* drops as well.

Currently having the same issue i have bought 3 of these 400% boosters and ive noticed the 250% booster was having better drops

@John-Paul-RAGE said in 400% Rare - Not working at all?:

Yeah, I made a post a few days back and submitted a ticket.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/1380/potential-bug-with-400-rare-boost-in-ac-shop

Same as you, my concern wasn't too much the super rare drops, but the lack of 10* drops as well.

Yeah I meant overall as well. There was more blue/green/yellow vs. any rare at all. I was lacking A rank weapon drops also (7-9*). Crazy.

@x-DJ-Cuddles-x said in 400% Rare - Not working at all?:

Currently having the same issue i have bought 3 of these 400% boosters and ive noticed the 250% booster was having better drops Yeah the 250% seems to be the best right now. Testing again today and I have gotten more in one run than I did all day yesterday using the 400%. Multiple people in my party have also tested it.

Any word on this or is someone looking into it? A few other new people on the game are saying it still.

@I-did-camp submitted a ticket but I don't think they ever respond to them.

At least none of mine have been.

Perhaps @GM-Deynger or @GM-Rappie can check if it has been submitted?

Can conffirm, i'm getting better drops with a 250% farming SHAQs consistently. Way more 10* drops are coming from 250% boosters. I actually found my first 13*s using a 250%, the two 400%s i've used feel like they don't work.

@Andross did you submit a support ticket as well