Boy oh boy. a preview in October of a new area in December.

They’ve learned nothing. Same garbage content. Same garbage roadmap. Cash crab. That’s all this shit is anymore. And how are they even getting peoples money with shit content nobody plays to even want the scratch tickets to begin with?

Abysmal. Game is complete grade B Taco Bell beef poop.

You mean grade F when it comes to patience or expectations

Patience is irrelevant because it's not going to get any better from here. It's obvious now that SEGA is just treating NGS as a lazy cash cow that preys on whales that has more money than braincells.

To the OP: If you haven't jumped ship, I really recommend you do so. There are plenty of better games that are more worthy of your time.

@n_n said in Boy oh boy. a preview in October of a new area in December.:

Patience is irrelevant because it's not going to get any better from here. It's obvious now that SEGA is just treating NGS as a lazy cash cow that preys on whales that has more money than braincells.

To the OP: If you haven't jumped ship, I really recommend you do so. There are plenty of better games that are more worthy of your time.

I’m currently on new world Atm and haven’t even touched Diablo 2 yet. Moved on already but I still check every month and I’m always disappointed.

Hey look its exactly what I said on the third day of NGS release and here we are. Takes a look at player counts Half a block in NGS and half a block in base pso2 on ship 3 and that is where all the whales and afk puppets gather. Since the game is already in maintenance mode it wont shut down, but I consider this dead.

I dont get it. FFXIV came out 8 years ago with a truck load of content and major patches every 4 months. Meanwhile people at Sega expect a game with no content beyond the tutorial and expect it to be enough for 6 months. Fricking PSO2 had more content on launch and it too had to wait 6 months before any decent Raids (DF Elder) was added.

@Cult0fpersnality Hope you're not new worlding while green.

@n_n The thing about jumping ship is what will be the game killer. I am firm on my belief, this following: complaints will be what will kill the MMORPG industry usually. If they keep up, soon, there will probably be fewer games that I enjoy, only because a certain group decided to complain.

Cathy, I think it's due to different devs. And you have to consider that the major update coming will raise level cap to 35. That's quite major content already. From what I've heard of the leaks however, there might be something about world quest thing in Fall (idk the date), if so that might be good news.

@Michele giving feedback has never killed an mmo and the december content update wont fix this games current issues as it'll feature no new PA, just missing Tech elements (wind, light & dark) and new skill tree skills. Having an desert map with nothing in it wont fix the issue of the world being dead. There is nothing to invest your time into, weather will probably still be screwed due to the requirement for it to be raining often so that gigantix hunts can happen frequently enough (but this time sandstorm wooo) people who wanna take SS gotta be screwed like that.

The player market will still be broken beyond repair. Which makes Fashion, the biggest selling point of this game, unenjoyable to non-whales. I get your love for the game but at some point you gotta admit that youre suffering from stockholm syndrome. The barren state of the game is inexcusable and yeah youre right , FFXIV does have different developers, ones who care so much they broke in tears during the launch party. Meanwhile NGS forces you to spend $90 for a untradeable walking animation.

@Cathy said in Boy oh boy. a preview in October of a new area in December.:

Meanwhile NGS forces you to spend $90 for a untradeable walking animation.

NGS doesn't force cosmetics on you any more than FFXIV forces their cosmetics on you. If you think the prices on FFXIV are more reasonable, then that's you business, although there's nothing reasonable in either of them.

@Yggranya said in Boy oh boy. a preview in October of a new area in December.:

NGS doesn't force cosmetics on you any more than FFXIV forces their cosmetics on you. If you think the prices on FFXIV are more reasonable, then that's you business, although there's nothing reasonable in either of them.

Yes, FFXIV cash shop is shit but its not this bad

@Cult0fpersnality said in Boy oh boy. a preview in October of a new area in December.:

They’ve learned nothing. Same garbage content. Same garbage roadmap.

Why was this topic posted? You've known the roadmap to December since May. It's barely changed. This "preview in October" isn't news. There's nothing new for you to react to here. I get you want them to click their fingers and have more ready for you NOW NOW NOW but the world isn't magic.

There's developmental quick-wins they could and should be doing but if you're hoping for level 100, three more regions and three more planets with four regions each by November you might want to get your head out of the clouds?

Fricking PSO2 had more content on launch and it too had to wait 6 months before any decent Raids (DF Elder) was added.

That was 5 months and they added a bunch of stuff like more client orders and Advance Quests along with 6 chapters of Episode 1 (with more branching story paths) by then too. I'm not disagreeing with you, just extending your point here.

the december content update wont fix this games current issues as it'll feature no new PA

A condensed PA set is not an issue. The most-played classes in PSO2 for years prior to New Genesis only had 4 PAs per weapon. Our PAs are multi-functional now and that's an improvement since we don't have congested weapon palettes and a forced choice to ignore PAs that are redundant because the same weapon has a functionally identical but stronger one.

@Cathy Pfft, they don't even need any sales like this, since they have subscription based game. It's just more money that they can make, so they'll milk it for all it's worth because they can. It's what companies do, and Square Enix is on that list just as much as Sega is.

Also, just buy the new Y'shtola doll for a thousand bucks. Hey, it's not in the cash shop, so it's not crazy at all...

@Yggranya said in Boy oh boy. a preview in October of a new area in December.:

While yes we don't need to buy cosmetics to enjoy the game or anything. It is the only thing we have right now until they add more things to the game. Didn't need to touch armor since the game launched with old units, weapons very rarely, the only thing can do is just play market and hoard resources.

The scratches I feel like in my opinion are just deceptively more expensive, with FFXIV you know upfront how much you're going to pay and things can go on sale. With PSO2 you're spending is just going to be in a range or either rolling for the bonus scratch ticket straight up. Praying to the gambling gods

@Yuria You don't need to buy cosmetics to enjoy NGS, but you do need to pay for subscription to play FFXIV. Monetization in NGS and FFXIV is just as greedy as it is in all game as a service games. Paying for a subscription isn't RNG, but it is something you have to do to play.

Also, if we go by what a single scratch costs in NGS, most things in FFXIV cash shop cost at least double what a single scratch pull costs. Certainty costs more i suppose, so i honestly wonder how people would react if sega removed scratches and put costumes for sale for 10-20 and emotes for 5-10 bucks. You might think it would be better, and maybe it is for FFXIV and its fanatical playerbase, but i doubt it would be the same for NGS and its spiteful/vengeful playerbase, especially since there's no subscription to keep the money rolling in. Then there are the free to play players who would quit since they can't get any cosmetics without paying real money for them, so that's a chunk of player gone for good since they play for the simple fact the game is free and you can get things with meseta.

Regardless, my point is simple: whatever difference you see between them is in your head. The point is to make as much money as possible. The end.