Gunner Subclass?

So have a Gunner - was going Hunter for subclass (for now i guess) but I was wondering if another class would be better as a subclass. Any recommendations, or just work on the Gu/Hu until the phantom class is available?

old guide for gunner's sub-class, may help you to decide.

https://fulldive.nu/pso2/gunner-builds/

Fighter is highest dps, hunter for defense and low dps. Personally I prefer summoner, only 1 extra skill to maintain, and it’s dps stays the same no matter your position to the mob. The guides that are out there are not really update for the game we are playing, most of that content is open to us yet. So keep that in mind as you look them over.

@Sonicwylde said in Gunner Subclass?:

So have a Gunner - was going Hunter for subclass (for now i guess) but I was wondering if another class would be better as a subclass. Any recommendations, or just work on the Gu/Hu until the phantom class is available?

As the good folks have stated before, Fi is more DPS and Hu sacrifices some damage for extra tankiness. If you are still learning how to play gunner, which is consistently clearing high tier (XH) urgents without taking too many hits and especially dying, i would recommend going Hu and using COs and other EXP rewards to start leveling other classes, like Fi for subclassing or Hu if not at 75. I personally would not wait for any advanced class release because for NA they are ways off.