Talis - Is it a decent option?

Rod is pretty much better, because after ~2 hours of gameplay I can't bother using the extra brain power needed to take advantage of tails. For me tails just gets me killed more.

Tails is definitely better for utility and speed though.

@Cathy that’s nice of you to assume. As a force main I can and do use a Talis. But thanks for the smug response. It’s very much beneficial for the community.

@darkchild360 There are no assumptions made. What you said is just flat out wrong.

Techniques don't benefit from flat weapon stats as much as regular weapons do since Elemental Stats as a game mechanic is completely ignored for Techs. This is why Element Conversion exists. Without that skill a Elementless Rod/Talis are just as powerful as 60 element rods/Talis. Talis's 20% Bonus on thrown Talis easily out damages any stat advantage Rod will ever have.

If you were ever wondering why Force skill tree has so many little Effects that are rod exclusive its because people who actually know how to minmax DPS on Force never used Rods as anything but a Stat Stick for Fused Techniques since those (with the exception of ReZandia) don't benefit from Talis Tech Bonus. And the Level 85 Skill basically just gives you a 20s window where Rod is actually better than Talis after that its back to 70s of Talis superiority.

For Techter the answer is less complicated. EP6 Endgame Wands were stealthily nerfed in stats making the TEC on par with Talis (at best a insignificant 15 TEC difference) but Talis have something Wands don't have. Aerial Movement during casting which is very important to stay mobile and avoid unnecessary damage and since you dont need to throw the talis like on Fo you can replace the normal attack button with an extra Technique slot. Once EP6 endgame weapons hit there will be no reason to use Wands as the main casting weapon outside of lazyness. And yeah you can be lazy with Force and just play Rod only if that is more fun to you but that doesn't make for a good advice. It's not very beneficial for the community. 😉

@Cathy hmm, your optimizing for when you're sharpest. I would prefer to optimize for when I'm the dumbest.

@Cathy said in Talis - Is it a decent option?:

And yeah you can be lazy with Force and just play Rod only if that is more fun to you but that doesn't make for a good advice. It's not very beneficial for the community. 😉

hmm, your optimizing for when you're sharpest. I would prefer to optimize for when I'm the dumbest. You are kind of god tier, from my understanding. Some of us are mere mortals xD

While I can use tails effectively for ~30 minutes to 1 hour, after that my brain is generally so burnt that it becomes a liability. I prefer being the one that revives my party after a near wipe as opposed to worrying about dps numbers so much. I'm guessing tails is ~7.5% damage increase.