The second round of gamepass perks, clarification wanted

I was among the ones that didn't get the first one. I understand that there was a lot of abuse for it and that was one of the main reasons the first round got removed. For those of us that don't want to abuse it and legitimately want to just enjoy the game with the perks provided (along with some additional support for the game through purchases down the road), how will the new perk package be submitted, claimed, and then applied to the game? Asking so that there is literally 0 % chance that it will not be claimed. I do not trust the xbox messaging system for it is buggy and often doesn't even send messages to all it's intended gamer tags. This is certainly something that I am not wanting to miss out. I am a very avid fan of the first game and played it all the way back even into the Dreamcast days. So, I clearly want to treat you guys and the franchise with respect. Additionally, thank you for finally making it around to the US fan base. I look forward to your reply and to many many years of success in the US through this point of PSO and through any future installments of PSO 😄

All that can be said is that you can only redeem it ONCE and no more. If you don't get the items when it becomes available and you claim it, you have to contact support. Hopefully, they changed how it works so that it will only be possible to redeem on the account connected to the Game Pass Ultimate holder so issues of abuse don't arise again, but if they can, it is best to be safe and only attempt to redeem once.

Well, Game is live again and there is no sign of the perk anywhere? Has it not launched yet or will it be launching sometime soon? Additionally, as I said before, I never got to claim it the first time around. I was merely wandering how to go about claiming it this time around to insure that it was actually claimed. Thanks for the reply, I suppose. That really wasn't too helpful to the original post, but alright.

@Ragnawind The more that I read your response, the more I realize how you mainly ignored most of what I said and addressed me in not the nicest of ways. Fans don't particularly like being treated that way. I addressed you guys with respect to both yourselves and the franchise you are currently being the flag runners for. Call that a word of advice for future postings, respect those that are being respectful to you. That really shouldn't have to be said to someone that is at a helm of the public relations front.

@Dreadnaut227 said in The second round of gamepass perks, clarification wanted:

@Ragnawind The more that I read your response, the more I realize how you mainly ignored most of what I said and addressed me in not the nicest of ways. Fans don't particularly like being treated that way. I addressed you guys with respect to both yourselves and the franchise you are currently being the flag runners for. Call that a word of advice for future postings, respect those that are being respectful to you. That really shouldn't have to be said to someone that is at a helm of the public relations front.

The reason why they changed the rewards is because of people abusing the old system and getting basically infinite premium tickets/etc. The other poster didn't address you in a rude / non-nice way. Players who abuse systems like this, exploits, etc. should be reported, which is why it can come off as mean/not nice. Western Console players can actually openly provide exploits/etc. and are often positive about it, especially for single player games. But, PSO2 is an online-only service/MMO, and does not have that liberty.

You redeem the perks in the same way you did the old one, through the Xbox Marketplace/etc. At least that's what I am to believe. (From the numerous, NUMEROUS threads about the issue.) I never will own an Xbox myself, however, so I cannot confirm its truthfulness from other players who actually play on the console.

My perks did not appear in the game pass ultimate for the first time and now they are not there either. They simply do not exist in the menu of my console. US region.

Just checked for my Ultimate Pass Rewards and I dont even have the option for PSO2 in there.

@x-DJ-Cuddles-x said in The second round of gamepass perks, clarification wanted:

Just checked for my Ultimate Pass Rewards and I dont even have the option for PSO2 in there.

If you are in the US, try using the phone or computer app? People have said that it doesn't show up on the XBOX App for some reason. That would be an issue for Microsoft to solve.

still nothing no matter what i do PSO2 doesnt show up in perks, thanks for trying to help though