Arks! Take a moment and BREATHE.

I know that many of us are frustrated with the launch of the Closed Beta Test, especially due to the time restriction, however if we continue to flood the forum, twitter, and Facebook with the same posts everyone else has made, there is a risk of temporarily losing those resources as well.

Put yourself in their shoes for just one moment. Ask yourself why they haven't given an explanation. It must be due to unforeseen circumstances and there is likely a meeting currently taking place to decide what the appropriate course of action is to take.

Have a little faith in them show some continuity. There may be hope for a favorable resolution that doesn't compromise our experience. I am also perturbed and want to play desperately, but the angry mob isn't going to help it get up faster.

Take note of the issues and make sure it is known in the appropriate way, at the appropriate time.

I really don't mind. It my first beta. Hope they do maybe give us a free Ship change though once the game fully releases or for Open Beta.

I just hope we can log onto another ship, I got into 1 but that's clearly going to be a nightmare to log into for this beta...

Honestly I'm happy it's doing so well to fill up so fast! I just wanna play too please ❤

I think Ship 02 just opened up.

@jennytablina said in Arks! Take a moment and BREATHE.:

Honestly I'm happy it's doing so well to fill up so fast! I just wanna play too please ❤

That is the silver lining, I am glad and sad at the same time, but I will reserve my judgment and first have faith it will get fixed.

Ship 2 is showing online, so that's a good sign!

I have no problem being patient or understanding. I have waited YEARS for this game. I'm just glad it is coming out at all. Good job guys and gals, and Ty for all the hard work.

@Dub-O-Bud said in Arks! Take a moment and BREATHE.:

I have no problem being patient or understanding. I have waited YEARS for this game. I'm just glad it is coming out at all. Good job guys and gals, and Ty for all the hard work.

Good way to put things in perspective!

I am in it for the long run.

My problem is this really shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. Due to having to sign up with the Xbox Insider app, they should have known how many people were going to log in right away and know one ship wasn't enough. And right now I can't get on any ship as I just sit there till it says I'm disconnected from server.

Also for some reason, my posts don't like to post.

@Tigran that is true, it definitely shouldn't have happened.

I have some theories, but I think there was just a simple mistake made, resulting in a combination of instability and prolonged server spin up times.

I am hoping the analytics provided will allow them to resolve it so that it doesn't happen again once we are all finally in.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Arks! Take a moment and BREATHE.:

@Tigran that is true, it definitely shouldn't have happened.

I have some theories, but I think there was just a simple mistake made, resulting in a combination of instability and prolonged server spin up times.

I am hoping the analytics provided will allow them to resolve it so that it doesn't happen again once we are all finally in.

I'd actually be fine if they said "Hey.. Uh guys.. we screwed up. We are working on it." more than the BS "Unusually high demand!" type crap. I mean, now.. It looks like the authentication servers are down.

@Tigran Yeah, I work on the Network side of a company and we always try to stress the importance of communication. Sometimes a simple "we're working on it!" really helps ease people.

They could just blame it on the intern!

Got our whole crew back together after Years for this. In it for the Long hall as well. I really like your perspective and understanding of the situation John Paul. People have to remember that this is a BETA. Bugs & glitches are to be expected. Just document and report so as to help fix issues.

@Dub-O-Bud

Here is a thing. I -do- understand this is a beta. I've beta tested many games (and even alpha tested two.. Never EVER again).

But that's.. Kinda not what the issue is here. The issue at least with the server being full at the beginning, is... shouldn't have happened at all. That's not a bug, that's not a glitch. If they have 10,000 signups.. but know the server can only hold 5,000... Then they should have known to put up two servers OR MORE right away.

The Authentication issue, I can see as a glitch, and bug.. but it's still something they should have had the numbers to calculate ahead of time.

This post is deleted!

They made a twitter post saying the authentication id is acting strangely.