How many more AC scratches before actual content is added?

@LockeKosta said in How many more AC scratches before actual content is added?:

@FuzzyS0X said in How many more AC scratches before actual content is added?:

@VaricBreem said in How many more AC scratches before actual content is added?:

AC is the cash shop currency , F2p games have one , Star gems can be earned in game , and Founders packs are Founders pack which MMO these days does not have them?

And I didn't say shit about them. I'm criticizing the addition of lootboxes clearly taking precedence over even remotely hinting to us if missing systems like crafting and/or actual content is going to be added any time soon.

all that comes with episode updates man. chill out we are still in OBT

This is a release with Beta slapped on it so people like you will defend them and give them the benefit of the doubt. They're accepting money. There is going to be no wipe. This is a release. And I promise you there is no magical "release date" that things are being held back for.

How is it slapped on? And beta doesn't mean they can't charge money for anything. Beta is just a stage of release for most MMOs. It is a server stress testing and bug fixing phase where public players can play. Full release just means the testing is done and game is in Gold release state (AKA done). You are expecting way too much. We arent defending anything, we are saying you are complaining about nothing.

You want the FULL JP version to just be dropped on us? You think thats all translated? Even if it was, that a stupid idea and nobody wins. You want the whole player base to be stretched thin across the whole game and have so many systems and mechanics dumped on every new players that they cant enjoy playing? There is already plenty to do and figure out as it is. your being really silly and entitled

This is a Beta as The game has never been tested on an XBOX before , If you beleive otherwise ya werent in CBT i guesse with all the text bugs, connection issues a ECT...

That said some oft the text size issues are still here i know for sure and i'm bettinga few more things lost in translation havent been fixed ,

BUT no instead of fixing whats alreday in the game lets add more after onlya few weeks , and hear people complain about old bugs not getting fixed,

Cause rushed content always works out well, ask Warframes community

I wouldn't call it rush content, seeing as the game has been out on JP for quite some time. Bugs in which you are talking about can be fixed in minor maintenance patches like the one happening right now.

I would say adding more isn't a bad thing to do right away, as everyone is at home playing right now due to Covid 19. I think this game coming out at this time has brought a whole new community it didn't even know it had. It's engaging.

AC is the cash shop currency , F2p games have one , Star gems can be earned in game , and Founders packs are Founders pack which MMO these days does not have them?

And I didn't say shit about them. I'm criticizing the addition of lootboxes clearly taking precedence over even remotely hinting to us if missing systems like crafting and/or actual content is going to be added any time soon.

This is a release with Beta slapped on it so people like you will defend them and give them the benefit of the doubt. They're accepting money. There is going to be no wipe. This is a release. And I promise you there is no magical "release date" that things are being held back for.

How is it slapped on? And beta doesn't mean they can't charge money for anything. Beta is just a stage of release for most MMOs. It is a server stress testing and bug fixing phase where public players can play. Full release just means the testing is done and game is in Gold release state (AKA done). You are expecting way too much. We arent defending anything, we are saying you are complaining about nothing.

You want the FULL JP version to just be dropped on us? You think thats all translated? Even if it was, that a stupid idea and nobody wins. You want the whole player base to be stretched thin across the whole game and have so many systems and mechanics dumped on every new players that they cant enjoy playing? There is already plenty to do and figure out as it is. your being really silly and entitled

^ this so much this , The avrage PSO player doesnt even know how to make there own personal ID unless some one helps them , Thats why the slow rol is GOOD for the greater game

Beta 100% used to mean not charging because it was actually about testing and not just a new stage of monetizing mid-development.

I'd really appreciate it if you people would actually debate the point being made than creating your own facile debate by trying to misconstrue and twist my words into saying shit I haven't said.

@LockeKosta Besides the point, I am so happy this beta isn't like the PSU beta (demo) where everything gets reset after a period of time 🙏 I would spend countless hours on it and then get wiped. That's when I knew I had to actually start paying every month ✌

If is was really speaking of how I saw your view it wouldnt be so polite , and as far as a Debate goes, This will never be a debate , You have an opinion , some of us disapgree, You will refuse to accept our point just as we fail to accept yours, It will forever be considered an argument, Till both sides agree to concede at one point, and since your "main point" came across as entitled drivel to me I dont think I will ever conceded you have a point..

If you beleive otherwise ya werent in CBT i guesse with all the text bugs. Connection issues

This happens with any and all localization. Which tends to be why betas are had for every applicable platform. Just look at Nexon sure they maybe greed incarnate but if they are localizing it they have a closed and open beta on all platforms to avoid the issues you mentioned.

The Xbox beta should be looking for hard crashes and integration testing. There is still 0 reason to not be doing this in parallel with PC aside from some deal with Microsoft. Oh and stress test has already been done now they'll have to do it again for PC release if they don't want everything shut down, but then again maybe they do as far as they are telling anyone.

If the developer is dumb enough to just release the localized PC version without any testing what so ever then they know where to go and I'll just go find an MMO that isn't in the final year of it's life cycle.

Will also be amazed if they aren't arbitrarily deciding PC date by Xbox figures.

Beta 100% used to mean not charging because it was actually about testing and not just a new stage of monetizing mid-development.

I'd really appreciate it if you people would actually debate the point being made than creating your own facile debate by trying to misconstrue and twist my words into saying shit I haven't said.

i really wish you people would stop crying about an optional cosmetic shop getting a pitiful amount of attention in the grand scheme. Do you think they are making new things to sell us? what is the issue? or is this just some jimquisition lootbox crusading? your saying "wah wah they put in a new set of items in the lootboxes but we didnt get new content boo hoo". What is to be debated other than you are on an island crying about nonsense.

@I-did-camp said in How many more AC scratches before actual content is added?:

@LockeKosta Besides the point, I am so happy this beta isn't like the PSU beta (demo) where everything gets reset after a period of time 🙏 I would spend countless hours on it and then get wiped. That's when I knew I had to actually start paying every month ✌

That was kinda the only reasonable issue with open betas before. The average consumer couldn't understand its use as a testing platform and therefore it became difficult to get enough participants to actually test, and such a small percentage would ever report anything anyway - so now it's just a marketing and PR ploy. True open betas don't really exist anymore. The practice as a development tool is dead. Which is a shame because so many game sorely need real beta testing.

The real problem is the lack of updates on "Known issues", which communicates to use certain bugs have been received and are being worked on.

That section hasn't be touched in a while.

@John-Paul-RAGE i still think its too soon to be concerned about their focus. I saw a few of them and they seemed like C-class bugs, minor, tertiary and cosmetic issues with the interface. Besides that, the team porting this has limited ability as it is a port. They can't do anything drastic because it will cause major issues later when the new content is implemented.

@FuzzyS0X that is not the same as acknowledging the issues.

There is literally 0 excuse that validates not updating the known issues.

Or even updating the progress on the ones already posted.

@LockeKosta

That was kinda the only reasonable issue with open betas before. The average consumer couldn't understand its use as a testing platform and therefore it became difficult to get enough participants to actually test, and such a small percentage would ever report anything anyway - so now it's just a marketing and PR ploy. True open betas don't really exist anymore. The practice as a development tool is dead. Which is a shame because so many game sorely need real beta testing.

What you said describes the exact reason things are the way they are right now... Beta rewards and keeping data are all incentives to have palyers even take part in this test. Sega "could" have been fair and not offered any Beta rewards for Xbox One Beta and reset data when the game properly launches and PC players are able to play. However, if that were the case do you believe that players would be playing the game as if it were already out? Therefore confirming or not confirming that certain features work or not? The stress test on the Urgent Quests, this whole Xbox Gamepass Feature, etc?