NGS Headline Oct 5

@Rain-Gnyu and while the global players are gobbling it up, the JP players are still more hesitant - just look at the differences between the like/dislike ratios on the headline, it is still pretty bad per usual for JP side. They gave promises in words, let's see if their actions actually reflects it.

@Rain-Gnyu said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

It that same content flow they used in base Pso2 JP.......exactly the same!

It really isn't, if you actually listen to what Arai is saying (which you obviously aren't at this point), he said people are asking for the same content flow as base JP PSO2. It's even in big captions "Please update it more frequently like you did with PSO2"

It is harder to find these old update pages now since they removed the link from the JP website but here's one that was used for just a month

https://pso2.jp/players/update/20200708/

In 1 month, you got the 8 anniversary event with it's own limited quests - 2 different ones, a web-link event, 2 part ship ranking event tied with the 8th anniversary event, releasing DF Persona UH with new drops, player shop adjustments - team/alliance shop adjustments.

This one was the pre-NGS graphic update to NGS release

https://pso2.jp/players/update/20210303/

Even while dealing with the complete disaster of the graphic update and all the problems it caused on the JP server, they still manage to push out new content and adjustments every 2 weeks or so, new limited time quests as well as re-running old limited time quests, updating new UH difficulty urgents, PSO2 memorial mission campaign, PSO 20 year anniversary event with weblink event/limited quest/ship ranking event, PSO2es collab event, screenshot studio - while troubleshooting the mess the graphic update caused with basically weekly bug fixes

I've been wondering on how they are gonna handle regions in terms of navigation. Are regions going to look like difficulty blocks in PSO2? The blocks are named after the Aelio region right now, which I guess they will add this "Retem" blocks? If this is the case, I wonder how are they going to handle the players moving from Aelio region to the new region by walking (through the bridges or across the rivers or something). Automatically change block for us without loading loop?

Base PSO2 didn't stop getting content the moment chapter 1 ended. You had 4 chapters on launch and additional ones followed shortly after since they were adding new areas really quickly. Plus everything was locked behind everything so getting anything done took longer by design and the game launched with level cap 45 iirc. It is padding and it served its purpose which is why it was eased up later on.

Summer 2012

• Underground Tunnels map (Lilipa)
  • Floating continent map (Amduskia)
  • New Client Orders (Busywork)
  • Episode 1 Chapter 5 and 6

Fall 2012

• New classes Fighter, Gunner, Techter featuring all new Weapon types
  • Wind and Dark Techniques
  • New Client Orders (Busywork)
  • Daily Orders
  • Episode 1 Chapter 7
  • Level cap 50
  • New Photon Arts & techniques across the board
  • Very Hard Difficulty added
  • Ruins map (Naverius)
  • Episode 1 Chapter 8
  • Excube System
  • Photon Drop exchange shop

Winter 2013

• Dark Falz Elder UQ added
  • New Client & Team Orders
  • Abduction System added to Time Attack Quests
  • Weapon Potential System
  • Level cap 55
  • Advance Quests added
  • PS Vita version launch
  • Chrome Dragon UQ
  • Episode 1 Chapter 9

Spring 2013

• Level Cap 60
  • Dragon Altar map (Amduskia)
  • New Client Orders
  • Mag Level cap 175
  • Extreme Quests added
  • Cougar NX collab
  • ARKS Bingo System added
  • Live Concerts added
  • Episode 2 Teased

I could go on.

Careful people will call you a shill for putting forth previous content launches on pso2. They think pso2 had sooooo much content at launch! (Lol no it didn't)

People here can't handle that all content takes time for all MMO's to make. We're in agreement that the content that launched with NGS was relatively small, but it does look like it will get much bigger with their recent stream.

People just hate waiting. Least the doomsayers got put down.

That doesnt make an ounce of sense but okay.

This post is deleted!

@Rain-Gnyu said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

Really read back to what they said........it word play.

Why aren't you following your own advice?

They have taken your feedback, and will make some significant changes based on that.

That's a simple statement. It describes a cause and effect. The cause: Player feedback. The effect: Changes based on that.

Changes. Based. On. The. Feedback.

For you to say this is not what they mean wouldn't make it "word play", but lying. Once again, are you calling Hiro Arai a liar? It's a question you keep ducking in the other topic.

@Zeke said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

They think pso2 had sooooo much content at launch! (Lol no it didn't)

That's exactly what Cathy's post above yours says, yes. PSO2 had chapter 8 by the time NGS is getting chapter 2 (Retem). By the time it was as old as NGS is now, it added several different environments, repeatable client orders existed in the first place and got expanded on multiple times, as did multiple drop systems.

@Yggranya said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

and people just gobbled it up. What a bunch of suckers

Question: Can you describe for the class what a Headline that'd have been acceptable to you would have looked like?

@HermitST

I am mostly in agreement. There's some objectively nice things from the headline like easier access to color change passes and F2P players finally getting access to shops again. But there's still a lot we don't know about.

We don't know how getting N gold mission passes will work. We don't know if the shop passes will be on the free path of the mission pass. We don't know the drop rate for the keys for battledia or drop rate for those pulls on the new type of scratch. We don't know how much exp and materials drop from the gold battledia or even what materials. I can go on.

It was a hopeful headline. But it's too early to celebrate. And it's a bit much that some people are.

@Knight-Raime said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

We don't know the drop rate for the keys for battledia or drop rate for those pulls on the new type of scratch. We don't know how much exp and materials drop from the gold battledia or even what materials. I can go on.

We know the (provisional!) rates in the prize list of the special scratch.

6af4c27a-f847-49ad-8484-a3d2515484b6-image.png (Screens and assembly credit Tarina on the official Discord.)

We also have an idea of the EXP from the Yellow and Purple key Battledia quests since we see the end screens for both.

Definitely agreed on your point overall though.

@Yggranya Acknowledging he had some good information isn't really putting him in a temple for worship.

@Knight-Raime said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

@HermitST

I am mostly in agreement. There's some objectively nice things from the headline like easier access to color change passes and F2P players finally getting access to shops again. But there's still a lot we don't know about.

We don't know how getting N gold mission passes will work. We don't know if the shop passes will be on the free path of the mission pass. We don't know the drop rate for the keys for battledia or drop rate for those pulls on the new type of scratch. We don't know how much exp and materials drop from the gold battledia or even what materials. I can go on.

It was a hopeful headline. But it's too early to celebrate. And it's a bit much that some people are.

See, the problem I have with the so called "good things" about the headline should have been there from the start. They don't deserve single bit of praise for reintroducing 3 day shop passes. Sorry, but you don't praise a company for taking something away and giving it back in a worse way.

I still feel that the Battledia's are going to be a flop. It's just replayable cocoons. I feel like people are overhyping it just because it's new content, but it's not going to bring people back to the game, it's not something that will retain players either. It looks like something that will get boring very quickly. Grinding for the keys potentially could become very irritating as well. If Battledia is boring, then people will just stop grinding for keys and they will quickly die.

Honestly, I feel like Battledia is going to be a missed opportunity. I would rather they were like dungeons. So something like 3 dungeons with RNG layouts, rewards and rare enemies. I feel like this would have kept people interested. The Battledia that we are getting though is just an enemy / boss rush in a cocoon that look exaclty the same. It's just lacking creativity and imagination and will get boring quickly.

@Yggranya Bro, you need to calm down.

@HermitST The replayable caccoon is something players have talked about using, but I have a feeling that battledia is going to be annoying in various ways too. Even if they are sellable on the PS, in this market they are just likely to be ubreasonablly priced and subject to scalping. Remains to be seen if it matters where they come from. I forsee farming the go to option after certain elements inflate their PS value, and their being 'rare' may make it a long grind for grind. I dont think its worth it at all for just straga weapons. The only good thing shown was it drops qual de armor: sheza/arga/belta. only if it drops mastery will it be really worth it for more than just another thing to do.

@AngryRhombus563 said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

The replayable caccoon is something players have talked about using

My ask on that one was either procedurally-generated cocoons or several extra levels (depths?) of designed layout for the existing challenges in each cocoon. Battledia uses the aesthetic but is a different form of replayability.

@Miraglyth

How much exp we talking? I was halfway awake when watching. And thanks for the good screen grabs btw. Makes me really happy to see that the color change pass isn't one of the lower drop rates. Wish it was a big higher tho.

@HermitST

I agree that what we've seen should've been there from the get. It's basically definitive proof that NGS was rushed to launch to make bank early. I'm less praising them and more just saying there was actually good things in the headline.

I don't see battledia flopping. Gold is going to be good to farm ex cubes which are not super needed atm but might be important later on similar to classic. And you could also argue that farming for straga/gigas augments are not super important either. The goal of battledia is not to be new content but to be repeatable content that gives players more control over their experience. It's the beginnings of both linear progression and an end game loop which NGS shipped without. And we need.

It's not perfect for either things. But it's better than not having anything. The thing is they can still add dungeon content in a cacoon style later on. I mentioned this in a reddit thread but it pays to mention it here too. For me specifically I am not looking for brand new content. I'm looking for an added end game loop and linear progression. The base systems in the game need to be addressed before we think about new content at least in my opinion. I definitely understand where you're coming from, my priorities are just different.