NGS Headline Oct 5

i'll admit, this headline wasn't too bad and i'm actually looking forward to trying Battledia. being able to transfer Fixa skills, Mag Transformation, Daily Special Scratch Ticket rewards and Color Variants for Weapons are also nice, and they actually want to test announcing UQs a week ahead again, which is always a great idea. Free Gold Mission Pass Event, yup, good. Yet again i'm disappointed with their pick for the Female Cast Parts though, i guess it's time to change my Character into a Male i guess. Looking forward to getting a bit more busy with this Game again.

@shadonic-0 I wouldnt put too much faith in the transfer fixa thing. Its not actually going to FIX the actual problem with fixa since its only going to really be for weapons with color variants of the same name as the thing you already have fixa for.

And idk about battledia. He said it needs FIVE keys, that are rare drops.

@AngryRhombus563 said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

@shadonic-0 I wouldnt put too much faith in the transfer fixa thing. Its not actually going to FIX the actual problem with fixa since its only going to really be for weapons with color variants of the same name as the thing you already have fixa for.

he says "transfer function for weapons of the same name" so that is good enough for me. i don't expect picking my fixas from just anything.but if i get a straga weapon i don't use with a fixa augment for something i use, i'm more then happy if i can transfer it. the part about color variants is just that they will belong to the same family of weapon names, even if they have a different color, so that they won't be excluded from this change.

The Battledia thing is fine, but we'll see.i'm used to collecting triggers in other games to enter certain types of content. if you could just rush in and repeat it, it would lose it's interest and quickly get stale.it's also a means to have people actually play and enjoy the content while collecting something to then use on other content. it's a wise decission if u ask me.

I can say I'm actually quite satisfied with the announcements they made.

Battledia seems like an good idea: Play the game on the open fields to gain access to these more rewarding quests. And we'll be able to sell the triggers in shop too.

The Mission Pass will now give us access to Shop Pass, but I hope it isn't just 1 3-day pass per MP. Maybe they could cram in few items from old MP? Not so much costume but accessories and camos.

Mag transformation, Fixa transfer with new wep color variation, new waves for Mining Rig Defense (yes I actually like that quest, THANK YOU), a new scratch system that rewards actually playing the game and the UQ will now be announced 1 week in advance.

Seasonal events are just meh at this point if they're not gonna change much other than PNGs and colors. I'd rather see the return of Bingo.

The problem this Tranfer system is trying to fix is people not seeing any point in Grinding and Affixing their loot because it has no Fixa on it. with this system they can start Grinding as soon as they get the weapon and get the Fixa later.

@Cathy Assuming its free, its sure that will fix a lot of fixa woes.

@Meikoloid From what I hear about seasonal event, it will ave coloured weapons as well as the weapon actually being four stars

Same old seasonal point event, I see the new special scratch tickets in exchange shop and fire weapons are actually 4 star this time.

See silver/gold prim armor in Battledia yellow mode but don't really see any new units worth to upgrade...

You can save those for the future though.

I didn't hate the headline for once, there were good surprises in there. I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves though. I know we are starved of content, but most of what we saw we already knew was coming.

The desert area looked good, and I am happy we are getting a new city area. It looks much better than Central City.

Mission Pass seems pretty similar to base PSO2's Mission Pass, so I am fine with that. Including personal shop passes is good for those that need them (although I still think there should be more consistent ways to get them)

Colour variant weapons......meh, whatever. Not really fussed on cosmetic stuff in all honesty.

Halloween event. Don't care, same as the past 2 events like this.

Scheduled UQ's, a welcome return.

Mining Rig Wave 7. I am in two minds about this. It's fine with people who know what they are doing, but I may be put off playing it with randoms.

Triggers and Battledia. This is the thing people seem most excited about, but I just don't share that same excitement yet. It feels like people like the announcement just because it's new content. Once you analyze what it actually is, well, it's a bit of a wait and see thing from me. People are saying it will be repeatable content, but it all really depends on how often you can get those triggers to drop. Going out into the open world and killing enemies hoping for something to drop has not been fun in this game so far, and if triggers are anything like that, then yeah, I can see people getting a bit frustrated. I also rolled my eyes at what the Battledia actually is. It's just cocoon like zones with tough enemies. I was hoping for actual dungeons, not boring looking cocoons full of enemies. So yeah, I'm not sure on this just yet, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be what I fear it will be.

@Cathy

They haven't mentioned how to get the N-gold pass yet. If it's for SG like classic then we can celebrate.

@AngryRhombus563

Wording to me seems like the general outline of content drops is sticking. Just that the amount of said content in between major drops will increase. Wether that means we will get even more urgent quests or more side stories or whatever has yet to be elaborated on.

Having schedules is only partially a fix (many people I play with miss schedules.) The other major part is them being repeatable. So unless the feedback we give includes that point it's not going to make a big enough splash.

They keys are buyable and sellable on player shops. Even if the drop rate is bad there will be a method to get them semi consistently.

As for the fixa transfer thing I think you misunderstand. You can transfer fixa's regardless of color variant or not. The only requirement is being the same named weapon. EX straga machine guns can only get a fixa from another straga machine gun. Color variants will be treated as the same name. Meaning you don't have to get 2 drops of say a green straga in order to transfer to a regular straga machine gun or vise versa.

It's a nice idea but ultimately still hinges too much on RNG. It would've been better if we could combine Fixa's to make higher tier ones (example taking 3 fixa attack 1's and smashing them together to make a fixa attack 2.) It's better than nothing for sure. But it doesn't address the specific problem. As weapons without fixa's will still be largely irrelevant. They need to find a way to make base ones have value as well. Like how dismantling things in classic was linear progression to making better gear.

@Knight-Raime said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

They haven't mentioned how to get the N-gold pass yet. If it's for SG like classic then we can celebrate.

it's probably gonna work like the JP Mission pass. Not included in premium and instead just a 200sg "opt in". I base this entirely on them announced different color costumes for it since that's what the JP one was used for.

@shadonic-0 said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

The Battledia thing is fine, but we'll see.i'm used to collecting triggers in other games to enter certain types of content. if you could just rush in and repeat it, it would lose it's interest and quickly get stale. it's also a means to have people actually play and enjoy the content while collecting something to then use on other content.

Let me guess: possible to complete solo, but designed for a groups and doesn't have different scaling? I'm sure it's like that and they really should stop hamfisting their obsessions on their players. If someone doesn't enjoy doing something, they won't enjoy doing it with limitations, and doing something for rewards isn't the same as enjoying it. As has been proven many times in the past in many different games, most people refuse to do anything without rewards, and unfortunately better rewards = arbitrary obstacles. Grouping up to deal with the health sponge opponents is one of them.

I know that PSO2 had an arbitrary system where playing solo guaranteed almost no enemy spawns and when they did spawn, they spawned in tiny numbers. When someone is playing on the same map, it picks up a little, and as soon as they get close enough to your position, enemies spawn more often, in much greater numbers and more often keep spewing more and more of them in succession. A single boss trial with 5 small enemies might turn into a quadruple boss trial with 50 small enemies. Certainly at least turns into a double boss fight with 20-30 small enemies. So goddamn dumb.

Anyway, promises are nice and all, but nobody should start waving Segas flag until they do something.

@Knight-Raime said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

They keys are buyable and sellable on player shops. Even if the drop rate is bad there will be a method to get them semi consistently.

As for the fixa transfer thing I think you misunderstand. You can transfer fixa's regardless of color variant or not. The only requirement is being the same named weapon. EX straga machine guns can only get a fixa from another straga machine gun. Color variants will be treated as the same name. Meaning you don't have to get 2 drops of say a green straga in order to transfer to a regular straga machine gun or vise versa.

It's a nice idea but ultimately still hinges too much on RNG. It would've been better if we could combine Fixa's to make higher tier ones (example taking 3 fixa attack 1's and smashing them together to make a fixa attack 2.) It's better than nothing for sure. But it doesn't address the specific problem. As weapons without fixa's will still be largely irrelevant. They need to find a way to make base ones have value as well. Like how dismantling things in classic was linear progression to making better gear.

That is good about the triggers. I was worried they would be RNG only.

I missed the part about Fixa's. I love that they are implementing a transfer system. I'm worried it will be very pricey in materials and Meseta though.