NGS Headline Oct 5

Global

Japan

A touch on management and future of the game.

Highlights being Bouncer and the Halloween event

A teaser of the new area

And most likely the next sets of cash grabbing scratches

As we head into the beginning of the end for the forums, just how more Headlines will there be until it gets shuts down.

People already going crazy with the dislikes, they are all going to be dumped before the stream so stop wasting time - do it after the stream 🙄

I for one have been waiting for this Oracle Renew scratch because Bouncer is what I fell in love with after we finally got PSO2.

It's the one basewear that I'll actually be looking for a way to change up my color palette.

I don't exactly know how Bou will go into my Tech/Bra weapon rotation, but I mostly want to equip my camos again.

Will be nice to see if I can still use Shifta/Deband or not while leveling everything up.

Honestly the mission pass and title system needs to be nailed by the devs. I felt like the PSO2 Mission pass was such a good addition that encouraged playing the game that you normally wouldn't care about. Titles too, replaying the same XQ as different classes not only gave you a reason to level them all up but even rewarded you for being good at them and gave you stuff to do. These systems should've been at launch/launch window esp since they discontinues the PSO2 mission pass immediately.

@Cathy while it's nice to get free stuff, I really did not like how things became untradable and locked behind limited time period mission passes. You can only rely on re-runs to get things you missed and often have to sacrifice something new for it. Especially on global where a bunch of cast parts were put in there.

@HarmlessSyan that wasnt an issue of the mission pass itself, just the lack of a separate system that allows to get stuff from previous mission passes.

SG scratches also suffered from this.

@Cathy said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

SG scratches also suffered from this.

Hence why the JPs were quite upset at it at SG scratch when it first released. Limited SG income, untradable, getting a bunch of duplicates, and time limited (though 6 months for each banner and no concurrent ones on JP was alot better than what happened on Global)

On the topic of the headline, how does one purge its likes/dislikes? Both were much higher than they are rn. I don't think they removed the original broadcast and reescheduled it to reset it cuz my like is still there. Maybe it's youtube automated system or something.

@OmegaNeo8603 said in NGS Headline Oct 5:

On the topic of the headline, how does one purge its likes/dislikes? Both were much higher than they are rn. I don't think they removed the original broadcast and reescheduled it to reset it cuz my like is still there. Maybe it's youtube automated system or something.

I think if something get's disliked bombed and large portion of people didn't watch the video, YouTube automatically removes those dislikes So people are getting worked up over nothing, if Sega really wanted you to stop disliking videos, they would just hide ratings.

@Alexmo Yeah it's probably that

@Alexmo They could always hide ratings until the day of the stream. Its not like you cant just go change options for posted videos or scheduled streams. Suppose thats thinking ahead that SEGA isnt capable of 😮

I wonder how people even find time to dislike bomb the stream. They should go away or at least comment instead of religiously disliking. How do they even find the time anyways?

@Michele That's the power of the smartphone. people can like or dislike a video at any time for any place.

Q: There is not a lot of playable content. Please update it more frequently like you did with PSO2 --- A: https://youtu.be/_OpqZR_ZVQE?t=1625

also new quest Battlepedia, mission pass, special scratch, new region teaser, etc.

The Headline was actually pretty good. Addressed a lot of the issues directly and promised to do better in the future. I'm looking forward to them experimenting with scheduled UQ again. Mission Pass and Special Scratch obtainable from playing the game.

So it looks like all that 'complaining, which would destroy the game' has paid off. They are going to, next year, start increasing the volume of content. Figured they would stick to their guns on the current road map. Always takes about a year for a new game to stop being horribad, and another year to improve to an optimal level. Or... about a year to prove that it cant get right.

Urgent quests are also going to be scheduled next week, which I don't think will help much imo. They are just too spread out and just need to appear more often.