Please add UQ announcement bots for Discord

Hi, so we have a lot of fan based Discord communities. And it'd be really nice if we can have some kind of UQ alert reminder scripts within the servers that can sync with Discord Bots for players to use.

So that in case if some people are offline from the game can get reminder through Discord server that they are in to remind them that certain UQs are coming up for them to login.

I agree this isvery much needed

An official SEGA PSO2 discord with news channels we could link to our own discords would be amazing. Discord allows partnered discords to create followable channels. Once followed, the posts from it can be diverted to another discord. So, players who run their own discords could set up a read only channel that collects the official PSO2 channel updates.

Would be great to see this for announcmenets, maintenance notices and Urgent Quest upcoming quests and scheduling.

@AnamanaAU said in Please add UQ announcement bots for Discord:

An official SEGA PSO2 discord with news channels we could link to our own discords would be amazing

While I would like one but other part half of me would never want it considering how disastrous other official game discords have been.

Wouldn't someone have to program their own bot to do this? All you'd have to do is use the existing schedule and program the bot based on it, isn't that how the EQ schedule on Bumped and EQ announcement thing on the PSO2 Tweaker for the Japanese servers work?

@Mattwo7 said in Please add UQ announcement bots for Discord:

Wouldn't someone have to program their own bot to do this? All you'd have to do is use the existing schedule and program the bot based on it, isn't that how the EQ schedule on Bumped and EQ announcement thing on the PSO2 Tweaker for the Japanese servers work?

Not really. The difference between JP kongou bot to this one is that the kongou bot directly brings scheduled and unscheduled EQs from the database vs NA, there is no way to import the database because it is only console exclusive atm.

They could have a PSO Events Twitter if they're concerned about clogging the Official Twitter with notices. There are countless ways to get Tweets into Discord / Slack / Texts / Etc. so that would make it a universal solution. Of course having an API folks can grab event notifications from would be nice too.

Suggestion recorded for transmittal!

I want to code my own bot for that with python the thing is idk where to start I currently use a webhook from phantasy star fleet