What's the Point of Keeping Forums Up...

If you hidden moderators keep deleting and locking threads without reason? You claim that we have until December and then it will be read only, and yet the recent topics that have been lively has had a good portion of messages deleted, ones that weren't even controversial, and the other topics just deleted without any explanation.

If you guys are trying to kill off what little of active users are on the forums by damage controlling topics, you are doing a good job.

The read-only announcement could be read as an eviction in the most indirect manner anyway.

I think our definitions of lively differ. I had no problem with my thread being removed.

I think @mychii is correct here when it comes out as an eviction notice.

SEGA is tired of playing high school referee with an audience older than predicted.

This post is deleted!

Ah huh. Return of the drama queens, part 79 days left. alt text

I'm not even surprised that MasterDarkwingz is here defending their shenanigans. Of course you'd be fine with them deleting the thread, you'd probably be fine if SEGA ran over your dog, too.

It's not fine when things are being shadow deleted without an explanation, which you used to get a reason for something being deleted. Guess not anymore since the GMs clearly do not want to be bothered looking here anymore.

Honestly, at this point for anyone who wants to keep using a forum to talk about NGS, might as well revive PSOWorld.

I already expect this thread to be deleted without a reason, or better yet for this account of mine to be banned without reason. Would love to be proven wrong with a GM answer, though.

@Imagine If you really want accountability, and you feel like you are being wronged. Start taking screenshots of all the topics you are in, and of every post, so that it remains in context. And when they start removing posts, you'll know exactly what they don't want being discussed. If you then feel that they are overreaching, and abusing their authority, share the context with any YouTuber you know, such as YongYea, who might be willing to cover such a thing. Share it to Reddit, share it where you can, but only if you are absolutely certain that what the GM's did was unjust. If you believe they are just trying to sweep issues under a rug, instead of resolving them, then do something about it. Don't make posts that complain about the issue at hand.

@Anarchy-Marine said in What's the Point of Keeping Forums Up...:

@Imagine If you really want accountability, and you feel like you are being wronged. Start taking screenshots of all the topics you are in, and of every post, so that it remains in context. And when they start removing posts, you'll know exactly what they don't want being discussed. If you then feel that they are overreaching, and abusing their authority, share the context with any YouTuber you know, such as YongYea, who might be willing to cover such a thing. Share it to Reddit, share it where you can, but only if you are absolutely certain that what the GM's did was unjust. If you believe they are just trying to sweep issues under a rug, instead of resolving them, then do something about it. Don't make posts that complain about the issue at hand.

Good idea, will consider doing that. Will collect screenshots and other things too. I personally am not being wronged, I just think a reason should be given before anything gets deleted. 🙂

@Imagine said in What's the Point of Keeping Forums Up...:

Good idea, will consider doing that. Will collect screenshots and other things too. I personally am not being wronged, I just think a reason should be given before anything gets deleted. 🙂

Just make sure, with a 100% certainty, that you know what the context is, before you make such a decision. That something removed wasn't without good reason, because that will make problems where there aren't any. The GM's have been very picky, and choosy about what they remove, and thus far it's been with good reason. If it goes beyond good reason, well, that's another issue entirely.

@Imagine said in What's the Point of Keeping Forums Up...:

Just make sure, with a 100% certainty, that you know what the context is, before you make such a decision. That something removed wasn't without good reason, because that will make problems where there aren't any. The GM's have been very picky, and choosy about what they remove, and thus far it's been with good reason. If it goes beyond good reason, well, that's another issue entirely.

Doesn't excuse that before they used to give you a reason in DMs as to why this message was deleted. We don't need secrecy if these forums are going to die anyways. And yes, I'm more than 100% sure they are covering up criticism.

@Imagine In regards to the criticism, in that I can partially agree on. If you check my post history, I was critical several times, didn't game names, and those posts stayed up. It was only when A topic covered specific people, or more accurately, a specific person, that my post got removed. It all depends on how you put forth the criticism.

@MasterDarkwingz said in What's the Point of Keeping Forums Up...:

I think our definitions of lively differ. I had no problem with my thread being removed.

SEGA is tired of playing high school referee with an audience older than predicted.

they are literally deleting threads about fixing the economy my dude

They edited a post i made last night because it included a screenshot of a deleted post, problem is the post was asking specifically why that deleted post was deleted in the first place and now the entire context is missing. If that's how they are moderating their own forums then there really is no point in keeping these. Why wait till December just end them now.

All they are achieving is forcing us onto a platform where they have no control over what's posted. Nobody learns a lesson because nobody knows what was bad about their post, and it just causes more unnecessary controversy. Even fricking Resetera, the worst forum in this deletion regard, gives a reason to why posts are getting deleted. It really boggles my mind how anyone thinks this is an okay behavior as a moderator. And the worst thing about it is that this behavior lines up so much with those bans people been reporting on recently that I'm starting to believe they aren't made up by trolls just to troll.

I believe the forum moderator are doing a great job. They are reading every post and the content in which it is and analyzing every reflection and what it insinuates. Also properly investigating every report for accuracy in the accusations.

I am happy with the moderators!

@dalamar said in What's the Point of Keeping Forums Up...:

@MasterDarkwingz said in What's the Point of Keeping Forums Up...:

they are literally deleting threads about fixing the economy my dude

Probably because they already make an announcement about that.

Or maybe it just got too off topic.

Were these new threads or old ones?

@Imagine Btw, I remember you from my thread.

As @Anarchy-Marine said, if you don't like what the mods are doing, then take screenshots beforehand.