MMOloda SHutting down PSO2 section after 9 years

@Zeke said in MMOloda SHutting down PSO2 section after 9 years:

After the recent gaming announcements I'm more inclined Microsoft made a bigger deal with Sega than we initially thought.

Would be wild of they bought Sega off lol.

Don't give me hope

This case is too vague to tell what's going on, and so many guesses have been made. Could be change of management policy, the site used to harass/shaming people, copyright issue, lewd content, uses datamined or mod stuff, Microsoft/going global, etc. Hard to tell. There might be some others already taken down before but maybe just not as high profile as this. Who knows. I'm just going to wait and see.

I can't believe people actually want Sega to be bought by another company.

You people think things would actually be better under new ownership, but this wouldn't be the case and you would eventually come to the realisation that the games under the Sega name have lost all of their charm and everything that attracted you to them in the first place.

• They crack down on symbol art after ignoring it for so long.
  • They go after the ERP players, even those who kept it to DMs, after never looking twice at it.
  • They go after a fan site with a particular lean towards the lewd despite actively selling fashion to attract this kind of player.

The whole thing feels like an attempt to rebrand by expunging those they deem undesirable now in an attempt to attract a different audience without actually making changes to the game (I use this term lightly) or fashion they put in the game that attracted them in the first place.

@Nasar The swimsuit scratch was not a healthy addition to that direction.

@AngryRhombus563 that's kind of my point. They'll gladly keep pumping those scratchers out and taking people's money, but are now actively going after people and sites that have evolved around it.

It's like a line got crossed somewhere and someone's not communicating between departments. Who the hell knows? It's hilarious to watch unfold though.

@HermitST said in MMOloda SHutting down PSO2 section after 9 years:

You people think things would actually be better under new ownership, but this wouldn't be the case and you would eventually come to the realisation that the games under the Sega name have lost all of their charm and everything that attracted you to them in the first place.

I mean Xbox has been taking the scene with the game pass and putting out some decent games recently. Microsoft buying Sega would likely be the best thing for everyone. They have a no tolerance policy with a lot of things which includes prematurely released games.

@HermitST Not like it'll ever happen. For all we know, those rumors about Sega being a front for the Yakuza might be true.

@TechyAzeem said in MMOloda SHutting down PSO2 section after 9 years:

@HermitST Not like it'll ever happen. For all we know, those rumors about Sega being a front for the Yakuza might be true.

Have you seen this?

https://www.tokyoreporter.com/crime/yakuza/tokyo-cops-nab-yakuza-in-shooting-at-home-of-sega-sammy-chairman/

I mean Xbox has been taking the scene with the game pass and putting out some decent games recently. Microsoft buying Sega would likely be the best thing for everyone. They have a no tolerance policy with a lot of things which includes prematurely released games.

Lets not act like Xbox is that good. It really isnt by any means. This game already has microsoft influence and this is where we are rn.

@Nasar imo those sexy outfits are just a bait n switch to the players

No it wouldn't be the best for everyone at all. It's very rare that you see improvements after a takeover. Just look at what has happened to Blizzard, Rare, BioWare, and all of the companies EA have bought. They become a shell of their former selves.

I am all for calling out Sega when they get things wrong, I do it myself a lot. For example, I hate how Sega sits on their classic IP's when they could be making so many good games, but I don't believe for a second that under the control of another company, those games would turn out better.

Can people not see the issues that would arise from a western company taking control of an eastern company? There would be a cultural shift and/or clash. Every single Sega game going forward would have a western influence to it, effectively removing so much of what would make a Sega game a Sega game. This happens to most games when a change of ownership takes place, and it would be even more noticeble if all of these Japanese games were to be taken over by an American company.

Idk Nintendo, Sony, Bandai Namco and so on seem to do just fine with western involvement on their games. I know for a fact lot of their games have more western influence than eastern.

You're speaking of a future that hasn't happened yet. Going into what-ifs because you're afraid of change makes the delusions that people have worse.

Idk Nintendo, Sony, Bandai Namco and so on seem to do just fine with western involvement on their games. I know for a fact lot of their games have more western influence than eastern.

You're speaking of a future that hasn't happened yet. Going into what-ifs because you're afraid of change makes the delusions that people have worse.

An eastern company taking ideas from western games is a bit different than being bought and fully controlled by a western company. It would be like if Nintendo were bought by EA and thinking Nintendo games wouldn't lose the thing that makes them so special to so many people.

It's funny that you mention Sony really, because their cultural shift towards westernising their games isn't exactly going down well in Japan. There is the whole censorship issues with Japanese games as well which is something fans of Japanese games are getting pissed about. If anything, Sony are a good example of the bad things that can happen to Japanese games when they allow such a massive influence from a different culture. From my own perspective, Sony have been worse than ever since moving their headquarters to California. Their target audience has completely switched and I am not part of that audience. There is literally nothing about Playstation that appeals to me anymore.

@Zeke Yeah...Sony has basically killed of their niche japanese market in favor if being family friendly. Theres a reason Sony has more western appeal now. Is because Sony has gone out of their way to neuter n censor most of their eastern side. Also how can you call someone out for what ifs...when you LITIRALLY just said "Microsoft buying Sega would likely be the best thing or everyone". Is that not a what if?

@HermitST Amen to that, though things like Final Fantasy (and the like) & Dragon Quest are still fine imo

I said "likely" which shows a possible outcome that it isn't pleasant. C'mon words aren't hard!

Beyond that Sony still has a lot of sought out games in the east. Broadening their focus to other parts of the world is hardly doomsday. Honestly you guys are sounding more like weeaboos above all else right now.

All companies exist to make money above all else. Yes there is passion in what they do, but profits need to exist to make those passions come alive. Sony, as well as many other JP companies, see that profit in other areas of thr world I'm order to make more games for their own as well as others. Perfect example of late is Ghosts of Tushima. Last I recalled it blew up in Japan and was widely loved for how authentic it was. And let's not forget A WESTERN COMPANY was in charge of it.

That along with other reasons is why I can't fall for the trope of calling doomsday when western companies get involved with Eastern companies in terms of gaming. It really just sounds like weeaboos not liking change.

Harsh that I say that, but the anime fanbase tends to be like that with these types of games and possible change.